Dynadot

question My crypto domains: how to sell?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

PussInBoots

Impact
Some of my crypto domains:

cryptos.llc
cryptos.ltd
coins.lc
coins.vet
cryptoists.com
cryptosters.com
cryptoer.org
thecryptoer.com

When cryptoists.com was priced $100, someone asked to buy it for $50, and I denied.

I'm researching selling them on Sedo auctions.

What do you think is the best way to sell these domains for max profit in a short while?

Regards,
PiB

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I mean they're not so good...

Research before investing

Cryptosters is the only one I'd say opened my eyes a little... but it's very cumbersome to say.

Cryptos as a keyword makes no sense because Crypto is already both singular and plural

•••
Upvote 0
Cryptos as a keyword makes no sense because Crypto is already both singular and plural

Agreed, with some exceptions (well there are always exceptions), such as CryptosRUs (a crypto YouTuber with 667K subscribers) where 'cryptos' makes perfect sense since it's a wordplay.

On the other hand we have a fish vs. fishes situation:
https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/the-plural-of/crypto.html

Btw, cryptos.com is used by CryptOS, a Linux distro.

•••
Upvote 0
Agreed, with some exceptions (well there are always exceptions), such as CryptosRUs (a crypto YouTuber with 667K subscribers) where 'cryptos' makes perfect sense since it's a wordplay.

On the other hand we have a fish vs. fishes situation:
https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/the-plural-of/crypto.html

Btw, cryptos.com is used by CryptOS, a Linux distro.

Good insight on CryptOS for cryptos... but now that makes it worse for OP as that sounds TM lol.

Also, it's never really good to buy domains based off of YouTuber names. They're never going to have websites and they always pick bad names lol

•••
Upvote 0
Sell them here, on NamePros, before renewal will come :xf.wink: :ROFL: :xf.cool:

Auctions
https://www.namepros.com/forums/domain-auctions.63/
Fixed Price
https://www.namepros.com/forums/fixed-price.115/
Make an Offer
https://www.namepros.com/forums/make-an-offer.4/

p.s. Fixed Price works best for me, as I have a Liquidation Sale for cashout reasons.

1695485575884.png

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Barely any VC money going to crypto anymore, tons of regulatory action. Not sure it's a growth industry going forward. Except lawyers. Crypto lawyers to the moon 🚀

•••
Upvote 0
Barely any VC money going to crypto anymore, tons of regulatory action. Not sure it's a growth industry going forward. Except lawyers. Crypto lawyers to the moon🚀

crypto lawyer AI ;)

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
I mean they're not so good...

Research before investing

Cryptosters is the only one I'd say opened my eyes a little... but it's very cumbersome to say.

IMO, -ist is a more common suffix than -ster, so "cryptoists" ranks higher as a domain than "cryptosters", which is also why someone tried to buy it.

Yes, "crypto" is mostly used as an uncountable noun, as in "in crypto". But sometimes the plural form "cryptos" is used to refer to multiple cryptocurrencies (BTC, ETH, ...), as in "all cryptos". This is evidenced on major crypto sites such as coinmarketcap.com, coinbase.com and coindesk.com.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Good insight on CryptOS for cryptos... but now that makes it worse for OP as that sounds TM lol.

Also, it's never really good to buy domains based off of YouTuber names. They're never going to have websites and they always pick bad names lol
Cryptos.com used to be a crypto exchange just like crypto.com, but changed to an AI business after the ChatGPT revolution this year.

•••
Upvote 0
IMO, -ist is a more common suffix than -ster, so "cryptoists" ranks higher as a domain than "cryptosters", which is also why someone tried to buy it.

Yes, "crypto" is mostly used as an uncountable noun, as "in crypto". But sometimes the plural form "cryptos" is used to refer to multiple cryptocurrencies (BTC, ETH, ...). This is evidenced on major crypto sites such as coinmarketcap.com, coinbase.com and coindesk.com (e.g. "all cryptos").

I just did a site:coindesk.com cryptos

And you're right, they do use the term.

If I had to wager something I'd say there is a 30% likelihood of selling..
On a scale where cryptobuy.com is 100% and cryptotokenize.com is 0%.

That said, when I was a noob I used to buy dumb things too and thought maybe they would sell... like RentalsDeals.com and I eventually dropped some domains.. although recently my leads/ boost.com sold for a couple of hundred....

Just saying, just because it might sell, doesn't mean that should be your mentality.

You should get domains that you know WILL sell rather than might. I've put so much money on "might sells" and thats why I'm not as good as all the other kids who started in 2016 like me.

•••
Upvote 0
Just registered three more...

crypptos.com
crryptos.com
cryyptos.com

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
Uhm... why? Money waste, imo
I just tried to repeat any letter in the SLDs in "btc.com", “eth.com", "coin.com", "coins.com", "crypto.com", "cryptos.com", "bitcoin.com" and "bitcoins.com", and they have all been registered.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Just registered three more...

crypptos.com
crryptos.com
cryyptos.com

good job ignoring my advice, lol.

well, we've all been there doing stuff like that in the start. I was stubborn too >.<

good luck, friend.

•••
Upvote 0
Returned the three newly registered domains and starting to realize the domain industry in general is like lottery - it capitalizes on your money-making daydream and eats your money bit by bit...

•••
Upvote 0
Returned the three newly registered domains and starting to realize the domain industry in general is like lottery - it capitalizes on your money-making daydream and eats your money bit by bit...

Man, you're just inexperienced. Read read read first. Read the completed domain sales thread
Read dn journal

•••
Upvote 0
Man, you're just inexperienced. Read read read first. Read the completed domain sales thread
Read dn journal
Nah. I will quit if Sedo auctions don't work. There are better fields for me to make money.

•••
Upvote 0

Reminds me of crypto(s). :xf.smile:

•••
Upvote 0
Bro came in here flying

Yeah try to pace your self …don’t register like crazy

•••
Upvote 0
Returned coins.lc too. LC is too uncommon a company suffix.

•••
Upvote 0
My proudest 3 crypto domains:

coins.vet
cryptos.llc
cryptos.ltd

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
It's honestly a waste of time to list domains for less than $1000.

If you want to liquidate quickly, list for like $499 or $599. But you might as well list for $1188 or $1288. You just need one sale in a year to cover 100 domain renewals at that price. If you sell 5 domains for $100 you'll never make enough to cover your time and expenses.

If the domain is not worth $1000+ retail then you might as well drop it and shoot for something better.

There's an old phrase with domaining "Set it and forget it". Price the domains, and work on other projects in the meantime. Because it could take years to sell a domain if you're being realistic and waiting for the right buyer.

I would maybe keep these:

cryptos.llc
cryptos.ltd
coins.lc

I try to avoid non com for the most part so I'm not sure about the values of llc, ltd and lc. The plural may or may not take away some of the value. But they are worth something.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
VET stands for VeChain token/coin, so coins.vet is quite okay.

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back