IT.COM

My account is blocked by GoDaddy, can I transfer my domain name?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

john wang

Impact
My account was blocked by godaddy a week ago, and the email said that it violated their policy, but it didn't tell me exactly which article violated what policy. May I ask if I can get my domain name back through ICANN and transfer it to another registrar?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
My account was blocked by godaddy a week ago, and the email said that it violated their policy, but it didn't tell me exactly which article violated what policy. May I ask if I can get my domain name back through ICANN and transfer it to another registrar?

Regaining Control of a Suspended Domain Name​

If your GoDaddy account was blocked and your domain name was suspended due to a violation of their policies, it is important to follow the appropriate steps to resolve the issue and regain control of your domain. Here's a suggested course of action:
  1. Review the suspension email: Carefully review the email notification you received from GoDaddy regarding the suspension. While it may not provide specific details about the exact policy violation, it should give you some insight into the reason for the suspension.
  2. Contact GoDaddy support: Reach out to GoDaddy's customer support to inquire about the specific policy violation that led to the suspension. They should be able to provide you with more information and guidance on how to rectify the situation.
  3. Address the policy violation: Once you understand the reason for the suspension, take the necessary steps to address the policy violation. This may involve removing or modifying content on your website that violates GoDaddy's policies or resolving any security issues.
  4. Request reinstatement: After resolving the policy violation, submit a request to GoDaddy for reinstatement of your account and domain name. Provide any relevant documentation or evidence to support your case.
  5. Consider ICANN's transfer option: If GoDaddy refuses to reinstate your domain name, you can explore the option of transferring your domain to another registrar through ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers). ICANN has policies in place to protect domain owners' rights, but it's important to note that not all situations may qualify for a transfer.
  6. Consult with legal advice if needed: If the suspension and refusal to reinstate your domain name persist, you may want to consult with legal advice to understand your options and rights in resolving the dispute.
Remember, every situation is unique, and the specific steps and outcomes may vary. It's important to engage in open communication with GoDaddy's support team and follow their instructions to increase your chances of regaining control of your domain name.

•••

Hi @john wang, while we can't provide details here, we ask that you email a message to [email protected] containing the email address of your GoDaddy account along with the domain name in question. We will connect you with the right team.

•••
Yes, you can get your domain name back through ICANN and transfer it to another registrar. To do this, you will need to file a complaint with ICANN. ICANN will then investigate your complaint and make a decision about whether to release your domain name.

The process of filing a complaint with ICANN can be complex, so it is important to get help from an experienced lawyer or registrar.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back