Dynadot

discuss .mv Maldivian domains, domain names the Maldives for Metaverse

NameSilo
Watch

Igor Gabrielan

.ai .mv .botTop Member
Impact
Recently, domainers and project owners have started registering Maldivian domain names .mv, given that MV is an excellent abbreviation for the Metaverse. This idea first appeared and was discussed on the threads of this forum

Metaverse ~~Showcase your names and Discussion Thread

MV Domains (Metaverse) - Showcase and Discuss

But due to the fact that these are threads for a broad discussion of domain names for the Metaverse, and the topic of Maldivian domain names has become popular, there is a need to create a separate topic for discussion of .mv domain names.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think that when these new registrations come up for renewal there will be one of the biggest % of non renewals ever.

•••
•••
I think that when these new registrations come up for renewal there will be one of the biggest % of non renewals ever.
... but your regged names in .mw or .mr are great ?

•••
•••
Thank you they are quite good aren't they.
Just asking myself, who would use something like:
Metaverse Metaworld (mv.mw)

as website (or company) name....

makes not really sense to me.

Something like name.mv makes much more sense to me.
Looks cleaner

But ok, taste...

Last edited:
•••
Just asking myself, who would use something like:
Metaverse Metaworld (mv.mw)

as website (or company) name....

makes not really sense to me.

Something like name.mv makes much more sense to me.
Looks cleaner

But ok, taste...
Yes, I have bought a few different type of names with 10% of my profits of my sales from Meta related names since November, just over $27,000.
Stood in me in good stead in the past having racked up well over 1,000 sales so my system seems to work for me.

•••
Yes, I have bought a few different type of names with 10% of my profits of my sales from Meta related names since November, just over $27,000.
Stood in me in good stead in the past having racked up well over 1,000 sales so my system seems to work for me.
ok.

•••
•••

What is The Metaverse?
Metaverse is MV!

•••
Registered characters.mv gambling.mv
Philological moment
I have now
gaming.mv
gambling.mv

•••
Recent registration or these are getting approved now?

•••
•••
•••
•••
Shitty registration process at the registry level - that’s a fact.

•••
Shitty registration process at the registry level - that’s a fact.
Yeah it's exactly 1 month since my registration. 2 weeks ago I asked them to find out the status and the registry hasn't responded. Emailed 101 support again.

•••
Yeah it's exactly 1 month since my registration. 2 weeks ago I asked them to find out the status and the registry hasn't responded. Emailed 101 support again.
The registry is cherry picking to keep what’s applied for and deciding if it’s beneficial to their bottom line.

If this were first come like every other . I’d be a huge fan. As it stands, .mv is a junk money grab.

Last edited:
•••
I've created a landing page for my mv names at lease dot mv
I've yet to list them for sale/lease on any marketplaces yet
Concurrently, I'm planning to do more proactive marketing and development
If anyone is interesting in joining up, let me know

Last edited:
•••
"For 101Domain, this will save you the $19 non-refundable application fee if you know ahead of time you can't register it (even thought their website says it's available and allows you to go through payment)"

Have they been fully refunding or keeping this payment? One can file a complaint at ICANN as this is just a scammy way to make more money off people who do not realize their is a reserved list. They have no incentive to block those names in their system.

•••
"For 101Domain, this will save you the $19 non-refundable application fee if you know ahead of time you can't register it (even thought their website says it's available and allows you to go through payment)"

Have they been fully refunding or keeping this payment? One can file a complaint at ICANN as this is just a scammy way to make more money off people who do not realize their is a reserved list. They have no incentive to block those names in their system.
originally they were refunding the $19 "application fee", then told me recently they could no longer refund.....I am not even sure what the $19 fee is for, either for researching with the registry if trademark is already in place and/or to register for it with the local maldives representative on your behalf

What are the registration requirements for .MV domains?​

In order to register a .MV or .COM.MV domain, the domain owner must be a company with local presence in Maldives.

If you do not meet this requirement, we can register the domain in the name of our local representatives and then make it available to you. This option does not have an additional cost.

•••
I've created a landing page for my mv names at lease dot mv
I've yet to list them for sale/lease on any marketplaces yet
Concurrently, I'm planning to do more proactive marketing and development
If anyone is interesting in joining up, let me know
Why don't your names point to this page?

•••
•••
working from bottoms up...you'll notice pets mv points somewhere else :)
Redirect from .mv to .com is a betrayal of .mv ideas.

•••
@meanieme Both are great names and should be sold separately.

•••
Faced with the fact that I can not determine who registered the name, 101 or Marcaria. Both wrote that they registered the name. But I'm not even sure that this name is registered to me because my nameservers have not been installed for a week.
Urgent! Marcaria!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back