Domain Empire

MV Domains (Metaverse) - Showcase and Discuss

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Levi_charlz

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
The Metaverse is the next big thing with many of the Big Tech players already involved so thought it deserved a dedicated ‘MV’ thread.

Lots of keywords like Glasses, NFT’s etc are already taken but there are lots still available.

Just picked up ‘MVTokens’ in king

Happy hunting!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
You put it very nicely , cheers Elad. I thought it was the business inc address of the Metaverse.

•••
Over 200 MV names in the last 2 days.
From MV+3D+Avatars dot net, MV+Horse+Racing dot com to MV+ Erotica dot com

•••
Over 200 MV names in the last 2 days.
From MV+3D+Avatars dot net, MV+Horse+Racing dot com to MV+ Erotica dot com

Poor souls

•••
Poor souls
I agree... If you're going to go extra speculative/risky go with names that would be premium if they were not MV domains....

But you've got to realize Elad, these are the same people who would be regging the shitty names even in the established niches.

•••
I agree... If you're going to go extra speculative/risky go with names that would be premium if they were not MV domains....

But you've got to realize Elad, these are the same people who would be regging the shitty names even in the established niches.

Yes i know, its just sad.

•••
To be fair we do not know for sure which names will be a hit or commonly accepted and metaverse is a pretty long word so I don’t think mv is out of the question. Its a good choice for those wanting to avoid Zuck’s meta word. How many times have we heard this is the next effing thing and its a flop? 😂 Or we say oh that is worthless and it ends up not that way.

With that being said, speculations should probably be limited to the very best keywords as these are all speculations of what we THINK people might want.

Last edited:
•••
To be fair we do not know for sure which names will be a hit or commonly accepted and metaverse is a pretty long word so I don’t think mv is out of the question. Its a good choice for those wanting to avoid Zuck’s meta word. How many times have we heard this is the next effing thing and its a flop? 😂 Or we say oh that is worthless and it ends up not that way.

With that being said, deep speculations should probably be limited to the very best keywords as these are all speculations of what we THINK people might want.
I think the recent convo was more about name quality, not the potential of MV...

•••
I think the recent convo was more about name quality, not the potential of MV...

Yup, i cant say anything about the potential of MV, im not a fortune teller but just advise people that if you speculate, do it with top names.

Ive done these mistakes in the past so hurt to see others do it as well thats it

•••
Post by techname from VR thread(not my sale)

FYI, earlier this year, I sold VRMV dot com for around 3.5k

•••
Hey guys I have some disappointing news to share. MVCreators redirects to a non-Metaverse business site.

Thanks for the heads up Elad!

MV still has potential though, and isn't a shot in the dark with more people using the term to refer to Metaverse on Twitter (a place where many terms are born) every day, but I'm afraid that that potential may not come as soon as what some of you domain apes are hoping for though. Have patience. Let's see how it goes.

(I'm done giving warning)

•••
Post by techname from VR thread(not my sale)

FYI, earlier this year, I sold VRMV dot com for around 3.5k
Yeah there are a lot of Music Video uses of MV on the internet as some have been mentioning. When I check for MV being used I use Metaverse in my query to make sure there is a correlation. One acception is a Korean band named Metaverse that people talk about using MV to refer to their music videos. But other than that the correlation is usually solid...

•••
MvAppStore.png

Exoticmv_1.png

Mv_Editor.png

MVCircus.png

MV_Champions.png

Mv_Campaign.png

Mv_Beacon.png

All are .com & Hand Reg'd.

•••
Mv_Leaders.png

MV_Vest.png

Mv_Venue.png

Mv_Forest.png

Mv_Nest.png

That's all my hand reg's. Stopping here for "MV" reg until getting some sale.
:xf.cool::xf.wink::xf.love:(y)

•••
•••
Hey guys I have some disappointing news to share. MVCreators redirects to a non-Metaverse business site.

Thanks for the heads up Elad!

MV still has potential though, and isn't a shot in the dark with more people using the term to refer to Metaverse on Twitter (a place where many terms are born) every day, but I'm afraid that that potential may not come as soon as what some of you domain apes are hoping for though. Have patience. Let's see how it goes.

(I'm done giving warning)
Just checking google, you will see that the few mv domains are not metaverse related. So, no surprise there. Things may or may not change later.

I remember stating months ago that I have a 4L, mvsq in king, that would fit the niche if mv becomes a buzzword for the metaverse. That happens to be the only mv domain in my portfolio. Having said that, I am not a keen fan of acronym domains like xr, vr, mr, CBD, nft etc. Especially acronyms that cannot be appropriated for other uses.

Like every niche, it's always best not to go overboard with 100s of names when they are not category killers. But that's easier said than done.

•••
.com's

BanksMV
GamersMV
BankingMV

I still believe in MV acronym :xf.wink:

•••
Just checking google, you will see that the few mv domains are not metaverse related. So, no surprise there. Things may or may not change later.

I remember stating months ago that I have a 4L, mvsq in king, that would fit the niche if mv becomes a buzzword for the metaverse. That happens to be the only mv domain in my portfolio. Having said that, I am not a keen fan of acronym domains like xr, vr, mr, CBD, nft etc. Especially acronyms that cannot be appropriated for other uses.

Like every niche, it's always best not to go overboard with 100s of names when they are not category killers. But that's easier said than done.
Yeah I'm done giving out my warnings...

•••
.com's

BanksMV
GamersMV
BankingMV

I still believe in MV acronym :xf.wink:
You're not doing premium combinations though man... You've gotta be more selective or you're regging domains that would be dull even if MV were to become as popular as "Meta" was a few weeks ago.

•••
You're not doing premium combinations though man... You've gotta be more selective or you're regging domains that would be dull even if MV were to become as popular as "Meta" was a few weeks ago.
Thanks for the opinion, but I have a different look. If we take the metaverse as something overwhelmingly big, something that will completely change our life. Then such regs become logical.
Will banks or gamers exist in the metaverse? For sure. Even if there is a minimal likelihood that it will all looks like Zuck's promises us, then it would be foolish not to take such a chance.
I hope now my logic is clear :xf.wink:

•••
Thanks for the opinion, but I have a different look. If we take the metaverse as something overwhelmingly big, something that will completely change our life. Then such regs become logical.
Will banks or gamers exist in the metaverse? For sure. Even if there is a minimal likelihood that it will all looks like Zuck's promises us, then it would be foolish not to take such a chance.
I hope now my logic is clear :xf.wink:
Throwing MV at the end of plurals is not good English my friend. Just my advice. But I wish you good luck anyway!

•••
Agree, "MV" = "Metaverse" is only in a seed state. For now I just think that being already adopted is a good thing, also "META" is way older than the current "Metaverse". That means that "MV" in itself is at least a well sounding prefix.

Will it take off as "MV" = "Metaverse" ? Who knows, I agree with you but I'm optimistic :D

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back