Dynadot

Multiple GoDaddy Accounts

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DKN

Top Member
Impact
Having Multiple Godaddy Accounts is against godaddy policy?

I have 2 different Credit Cards.... (Till now I have used single account only)
Should I use 2 diiferent Credit cards or else 1 Credit Card is enough to handle two accounts....
And finally, Can I have to push too many domains from one account to another account is possible?

Please share your views. Thank You!!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
one account.

I have a creditcard registered with godaddy for express checkout.
- but for payment of domains with codes
I usually choose "a different creditcard" without any issue.

Pushing domains from account to account is possible, however best to read the terms
I'm not sure on wait times etc

•••
I have a creditcard registered with godaddy for express checkout.
- but for payment of domains with codes
I usually choose "a different creditcard" without any issue.

Pushing domains from account to account is possible, however best to read the terms
I'm not sure on wait times etc

Yup....Thank you for your reply.

But why I am asking this is I want to use coupons and avail best discounts under 4$.

Its hard to find 20+Coupons working in India..... I used to register more than 20+ domains a month.

So I have planned to go for multiple Accounts.

•••
To use the same codes, yes - you will need separate cards and probably multiple accounts for that many domains.
I didn't realize it was for so many, I just have the one account, but have used the same coupon with 2 different cards.

•••
Did you ever use the same coupon in one account twice by using two different cards?

If it so I don't need to manage two accounts...one account with different cards is enough to use coupon twice or more....Isn't it?

•••
I would strongly advise against this..... surely it's against GoDaddy's TOS? especially if you're using coupons multiple times when they are typically limited to one use per "customer" (not account).

Please don't abuse the system. If too many people try to do what you're talking about, the coupons could be ruined for everyone...

The following excerpts are taken from the Offer Limitations for a random $1.99 coupon:

"$1.99 price good for the first year of one new or transfer .COM per customer."

"Go Daddy reserves the right to deny use of this offer and/or cancel domains purchased using this offer if the offer is abused or used fraudulently, as determined by Go Daddy in its sole discretion."

Sounds to me like you're just asking to get banned from using GoDaddy at all...

Last edited:
•••
In order to use the same promo codes, you need a separate account, e-mail, and credit card. They'd probably consider it a violation of various agreements, but the chances of getting caught are most likely slim as long as your portfolio isn't too large. That being said, I wouldn't risk it. There are so many active codes that it doesn't really matter.

Last edited:
•••
I would strongly advise against this..... surely it's against GoDaddy's TOS? especially if you're using coupons multiple times when they are typically limited to one use per "customer" (not account).

Please don't abuse the system. If too many people try to do what you're talking about, the coupons could be ruined for everyone...

The following excerpts are taken from the Offer Limitations for a random $1.99 coupon:

"$1.99 price good for the first year of one new or transfer .COM per customer."

"Go Daddy reserves the right to deny use of this offer and/or cancel domains purchased using this offer if the offer is abused or used fraudulently, as determined by Go Daddy in its sole discretion."

Sounds to me like you're just asking to get banned from using GoDaddy at all...

Someone discussed here about maintaining multiple accounts and i got this thing in my mind.

I'm Pretty sure i will never do if its against their TOS.

Thank You for your legal advice.

In order to use the same promo codes, you need a separate account, e-mail, and credit card. They'd probably consider a violation of various agreements, but the chances of getting caught are most likely slim as long as your portfolio isn't too large. That being said, I wouldn't risk it. There are so many active codes that it doesn't really matter.

I'm just asking if godaddy's TOS permits these kinda appraoach.

I would also don't take risk in this....coz I dont wanna stake my 100+ domains.

Thank You for your valuable time!

•••
Not against GoDaddy TOS. I have called support a number of times to get assistance with multiple accounts at the same time. Having multiple auction accounts is against the TOS, but not multiple general accounts.

•••
Thank You for your legal advice.
Not legal advice just a heads up about the coupon terms. :)

Not against GoDaddy TOS. I have called support a number of times to get assistance with multiple accounts at the same time. Having multiple auction accounts is against the TOS, but not multiple general accounts.
I doubt that there is any problem with simply having multiple accounts (and there are legitimate reasons for this) but if you're doing it to abuse hundreds of coupons (or any really) I believe it's clearly against their terms.

•••
old timers might recall getting a second godaddy account without asking.

how? via registerfly.

•••
I asked Godaddy Support,they informed this is against Godaddy TOS.

If anyone having multiple account,please close it as soon as possible.If they caught, all your domains will be seized. This is high risk factor.

•••
Did you ever use the same coupon in one account twice by using two different cards?

I would strongly advise against this.....

The coupon is applied first, before checkout, so I don't think a different CC will help.

Also, just as does, -T- , I also recommend not doing it.

There are plenty of $1 to $4 coupons, so it easy to reg more then 100 domains a year.

I have been buying domains for development for long time but I recently started with domaining. I registered tons of domains using coupons at different registrars but had to dropped them all. Of all the domains I got with coupons, not only did I not get a single offer, I did not make enough money on parking, to even renew a single domain! This made me realize I was taking a wrong approach in selecting domains.

I don't know how many domains you have already bought with coupons but if it is a lot, then my suggestion is, if you are not already making a profit through the first 50 to 100 domains, then please reconsider your strategy, rather then investing more using coupons. You might get the domains cheap now but they will have to be renewed after a year!

After dropping over 100 domains in a year, I have slowed down on buying domains and started sharply focusing on few niche area's, so hopefully I won't have to drop the domains after a year.

I hope your domain selection is lot better then mine, so you won't have to learn the hard way after dropping domains, like me.

Hope my suggestion helps.

•••
Please quote the ToS where it states that having 2 GoDaddy Accounts is against their ToS. I have ask my Account Manager in the past if I can open and 2nd account and he told me it was fine. But using 2 accounts for the same coupons is against their ToS, as quoted by -T- above.

I also have run 2 accounts now for about 3 years now, in order to hide my real GoDaddy Account Info from domain sellers. Since which time, I have never had my real account locked because of, shall we say, "inquisitive" sellers. Before I changed to this two account system for buying domains, my account was frequently getting locked.

•••
Hi NPs,

Today I have used last godaddy coupon I could scramble around (used about 75 in 2 months) and I am looking for the option of opening new account which where I could use them again. I have opened one account but since it is on my name and card Godaddy does not allow me to use those coupons again. Does anybody has multiple accounts where codes could be used?

How much different are those accounts?

Do you have different name?

Credit card number?

Anything else?

Thank you for your help.

BTW I know that having lot of accounts is not exactly "recommended" by Godaddy, but if it works It would be great.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Thanks I read those stories. And I did not find previous threads, sorry for multiple posts.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back