NameSilo

question Mr...GTLD Risin'... and cctld...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Hootsifer

Top Member
Impact
Anyone can see the pattern here -- like it or not, the new gTLD's (or any anti king) are rising every day. I constantly see sales of $5k-15k on namebio including the new .app. Where do you guys think this will put .com? Yes it's king as of now no question, brings the most liquidity and cash, but where do you think .com will be in say 2-5 years at this rate?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Being anti .com doesn't make sense for those that want to make sales year in and year out.

There will be other extensions that do ok, of course. But are they profitable for domain investors? Some new gtlds and cctlds for that matter have much higher renewals. A lot of new gtld sales were accomplished by the registry itself, no cash for an investor.

•••
Believe me guys .com is king - no question, it is my personal king. I have a small collection of gTLD's but other than that it's all .com

•••
I just happen to see since I started a variety of anti .com are selling higher - just my observation. I am all for .com staying successful, it's my main thing. And whatever small gTLD's I have, those also.

•••
•••
•••
Well that was my mistake but they are still anti .com lol -- not to mention sales done under the radar or without namebio. They exist also.

.de is not anti .com

do your homework

•••
.de is not anti .com

do your homework

I have. I've sold all types, it might not be a direct competition but I attribute anything other than .com as an anti com.

•••
Almost all mentioned nTLD "sales" are done by Registries...
So-called "Premium" registrations... including their partners like Sedo.

Maybe, but the more exposure, the more potential maybe for "real" sales. Who knows?

•••
Anyway mods you can delete this thread, as it got off topic and way too personal. TY

•••
Maybe, but the more exposure, the more potential maybe for "real" sales. Who knows?
Exposure depends only on quality websites...
Not on NameBio stats... and not on Chineses.

Last edited:
•••
One of the most important points about any TLD, Jurgen.

If a TLD, is being used, then its value, and resale value increases. If a TLD has low rates of development and low content levels, then it will have poor resale rates and there will be an almost complete focus on registry premium, (rather than domainer registered domain names) sales.

Regards...jmcc

are are not discussing webpages here or businesses
but domain names

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back