IT.COM

question Mr...GTLD Risin'... and cctld...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Hootsifer

Top Member
Impact
Anyone can see the pattern here -- like it or not, the new gTLD's (or any anti king) are rising every day. I constantly see sales of $5k-15k on namebio including the new .app. Where do you guys think this will put .com? Yes it's king as of now no question, brings the most liquidity and cash, but where do you think .com will be in say 2-5 years at this rate?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
And regarding real sales...
I sold 7 nTLDs as of today...
~$640 per domain on average.

•••
And regarding real sales...
I sold 7 nTLDs as of today...
~$640 per domain on average.

u mean over how much time and out of how many total ngtlds roughly? without this info we dont know if good or bad

•••
Many total...
Conversion is low.

•••
I have. I've sold all types, it might not be a direct competition but I attribute anything other than .com as an anti com.

yeah
but thats stupid

as .de is the first and often only choice for a german

.com doesn't exists
so its not agianst .com
but the only choice

•••
I think I was speaking more from my USA side here where you can get both. Anyways I will continue to learn and research, and dot com is king. But I do think non .com are trending up lately.

•••
•••
Content is King.
One of the most important points about any TLD, Jurgen.

If a TLD, is being used, then its value, and resale value increases. If a TLD has low rates of development and low content levels, then it will have poor resale rates and there will be an almost complete focus on registry premium, (rather than domainer registered domain names) sales.

Regards...jmcc

•••
One of the most important points about any TLD, Jurgen.

If a TLD, is being used, then its value, and resale value increases. If a TLD has low rates of development and low content levels, then it will have poor resale rates and there will be an almost complete focus on registry premium, (rather than domainer registered domain names) sales.

Regards...jmcc

are are not discussing webpages here or businesses
but domain names

•••
are are not discussing webpages here or businesses
but domain names
I do realise that. But what a lot of people don't understand is that if there's no development in a TLD and subsequently little or no content, then the domain names don't really have a high resale or sale value. It is quite simple. More content in a TLD = more use = higher awareness amongst end users = higher sale value for domain names.

Regards...jmcc

•••
but where do you think .com will be in say 2-5 years at this rate?
Add a zero after the 2 and 5, might be a more realistic timeline for a meaningful shift from com to G's. Plus or minus a decade. And that's if some sort of "new" Internet doesn't come along and render domain names negligible by then.

•••
I do realise that. But what a lot of people don't understand is that if there's no development in a TLD and subsequently little or no content, then the domain names don't really have a high resale or sale value. It is quite simple. More content in a TLD = more use = higher awareness amongst end users = higher sale value for domain names.

Regards...jmcc

again
you are right

but thats a different business

and by the way show the importance of newtlds

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back