Dynadot

Moving away from parking ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I know some of you are already doing this so read no further, or add your experiences:

Having had enough of the continued problems via various "parking" outlets I have now changed some of my better traffic domains to basic PPC templates with around 200+ targeted pages and content rich websites based around Adsense. Parking ++++++ in effect.

There is the additional cost of hosting that has to be added in to the equation + initial set up costs but I am already seeing (just a few days) a big increase in CTR and that should result in higher income which I believe will more than justify the initial outlay. Time will tell :)

Just a couple of the names that I have had done:

www.GameConsoles.biz , www.Wapmail.com

What do you think :?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I hope it works for you. I have a similiar strategy and it is working great.

•••
It's a lot better, people browse pages and finally click on an ad instead of leaving the parking page.

But Does really google allow that ?
Is there any other good ad provider that allow that ?

PS : which tools do you use to create 200+ pages easily ?

What about mambo/joomla ?

•••
moua said:
It's a lot better, people browse pages and finally click on an ad instead of leaving the parking page.

But Does really google allow that ?
Is there any other good ad provider that allow that ?

PS : which tools do you use to create 200+ pages easily ?

What about mambo/joomla ?

Im see no problems, they are in effect working websites.

The tool I used was somebody else to do it for me, if somebody has the expertise then maybe they could offer services via NPs for interested members :hi:

Last edited:
•••
You didnt move away from parking, you just moved to a more advanced form, or parking in disguise. provided from the friendly folks at highimpactsites

•••
But, I would never have advertised the source on this forum, you might like to edit :? :td:

Last edited:
•••
certainly, that you will gain some more revenue. Many can do this .but, developing such sites with pages are the question.

•••
Does it pay to do this Wot? How much more are you making daily then from other parking services?

I am a developer and making these pages would be easy as pie, but I'm curious if its actually worth it...

What are some of the other people doing or can they share their techniques?

•••
Premium said:
Does it pay to do this Wot? How much more are you making daily then from other parking services?

I am a developer and making these pages would be easy as pie, but I'm curious if its actually worth it...

What are some of the other people doing or can they share their techniques?

Hi Jarrod,

For me too soon to tell but the CTR has improved which should/will result in better returns JMO

I only need to add the cost of hosting and amortize the initial outlay and it does not require a huge increase in revenue to justify the changeover - I am testing with seven names ATM.

Will keep updating if anybody is interested :)

•••
wot said:

I'm interested. I've been thinking about testing these waters too.

•••
Personally, I would rather just let my domains float then to park them.
It takes too much time and effort to earn $0.01 orr $10 per click.

•••
BurninDragon08 said:
Personally, I would rather just let my domains float then to park them.
It takes too much time and effort to earn $0.01 orr $10 per click.

Have you considered that this may not be the business for you :)

•••
wot said:
There is the additional cost of hosting that has to be added in to the equation + initial set up costs but I am already seeing (just a few days) a big increase in CTR and that should result in higher income which I believe will more than justify the initial outlay. Time will tell :)

Why is there an additional cost of hosting? How much is it?

•••
wot said:
Hi Jarrod,

For me too soon to tell but the CTR has improved which should/will result in better returns JMO

I only need to add the cost of hosting and amortize the initial outlay and it does not require a huge increase in revenue to justify the changeover - I am testing with seven names ATM.

i am interested....keep us posted..

i have 200+ names parked and the returns have dropped to about $200-300 a month

any better scheme will be welcome!!! ;)

•••
I have a few of those myself and been using them for a few months already...and the revenue is much higher...also the cost for having them done is minimal...(actually I made back what I paid for them in 3 days)

That being said, some domains are still better suited for parking.

Last edited:
•••
unholy1 said:
I have a few of those myself and been using them for a few months already...and the revenue is much higher...also the cost for having them done is minimal...(actually I made back what I paid for them in 3 days)

www.hotgolflinks.com
www.hobbyhydro.com

That being said, some domains are still better suited for parking.

I am only 3/4 days in to testing, 5 of the now eight names are already up (next three in the next few days) but revenue appears to be almost 75% higher and not yet fully resolved- I will see after one full month and give the results then, but certainly looks promising. :)

I also agree, I have some gambling related names which earn good money from parking. Fabulous, and I would be reluctant to change.

•••
Please share (via PM or here on the board) as to how did you exactly go about creating these pages; did you use a particular provider (a name was mentioned above), where did you get the home-page content, how much did it cost per domain/site, etc. Would appreciate this. Thanks.

•••
i hate parking domains or sedo or so... I currently just make small minisites with some information regarding the name of the domain or so, and well just ad a ypn banner or too for reveanue.. I dont list the domains for sale

EX: www.mslive.us

•••
Well, I've got some parked with Sedo, some with TrafficZ and majority with NameDrive. I've also got a couple of domains listed in the same way as others have described.

Although yes it's true that moving to a mini-portal like (i.e. feeds of articles) can make somebody read articles and click on some links, my personal advice is to never just list a domain without optimizing keywords -- I can not emphasize how important the relevancy of your ads is...

Also -- the reason why people are seeing less revenues on parking services is because the revenue is shared with the respective provider. If you set-up your own, you get to keep 100% of that as opposed to 30%-60% which I believe is the industry norm

rgds,
SM

•••
Are these mini sites adsesne's TOS compatible ?

•••
hmm that is a nice way. I will too try it out.

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

•••
It looks like some of your content is findarticles.com. I've done this in the past and initially you get a spike in visitors. But over time, there is a gradual visitor decline as more sites incorporate the same articles and rankings in search engine results decline.

•••
It does my heart good to see more people giving this a shot. I have seen increases in clicks but decrease in revenue. Is it difficult to get accepted in YPN?

Some of mine are just quick & dirty but some I enjoy/take pride in. I figure my server space is free because I have a reseller hosting account for client sites and my 'real' sites.

One of my latest mini-sites is http://www.rozane.info/ not high traffic but not much competition to get good SE listing either. I am hoping that the income will soon enable my getting someone to write 'original' content cause writing is my real weakness.

•••
Hark why would revenue be going down ? Do you mean just adsense paying lower it is still higher than if you parked the domain? Right not having to split with SEDO or NAMEDRIVE or whatever ppc.

•••
Hark why would revenue be going down ? Do you mean just adsense paying lower it is still higher than if you parked the domain? Right not having to split with SEDO or NAMEDRIVE or whatever ppc.
Wouldn't the advertiser links that are on your page have something to do w/ the click through rate? I still haven't put Google Adsense to the test, so I don't have personal experience w/ it, but my understanding is that different advertisers are being constantly circulated through the page making it difficult to know exactly what advertising is going to be there and what the click appeal/relevancy will be when someone lands on the web page. Although,to a degree, this also holds true for ppc listing sites, they seem to offer a more consistent group of advertisers, due, I assume, to having fewer advertisers that they are partnered with. Correct me if I'm wrong but, additionally, it would seem that there would be a bit more control over keyword optimization, (at the ppc sites that offer the feature), which would effect which advertisers are ending up on the site and, in turn, what the click rate or % will be.

I am hoping that the income will soon enable my getting someone to write 'original' content cause writing is my real weakness.
Hmm... Maybe a swap could be arranged. After I finish unpacking, (from the very last move I will make in this particular lifetime), there are a couple of NP members that I am collaborating w/, (psst...psst...), and I have some ideas that would require the services of a good coder and, for me, code is still like an experiment that has run afoul.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back