NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

THTMVATMEDNOATTop Member
Impact
Hey nP members,

because of some reasons I want to ask you all the following:

If you would sell one of your domains for for more than 1,000,000,000.00 USD (one billion USD) - what would you do then with all the money?

Admittedly, the chances for a sale like this are very low of course - but this circumstance shouldn't be a reason to don't ask this exciting question.

That means, my question is really serious - so please stay on topic and answer it serious - thanx in advance.
I (and I think not only I) am really curious how your answer/s will be.
At the end we all can learn from other's answers.

And maybe someday one of us will have a sale like this.
I never say never.

So, again the question:

What would you do with more than 1,000,000,000.00 USD (one billion USD) if you would sell one of your domains for this ammount of money?

Tell us your inspiring answer/s here!

All the best with your invest,
kingof.top

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey nP members,

because of some reasons I want to ask you all the following:

If you would sell one of your domains for for more than 1,000,000,000.00 USD (one billion USD) - what would you do then with all the money?

Admittedly, the chances for a sale like this are very low of course - but this circumstance shouldn't be a reason to don't ask this exciting question.

That means, my question is really serious - so please stay on topic and answer it serious - thanx in advance.
I (and I think not only I) am really curious how your answer/s will be.
At the end we all can learn from other's answers.

And maybe someday one of us will have a sale like this.
I never say never.

So, again the question:

What would you do with more than 1,000,000,000.00 USD (one billion USD) if you would sell one of your domains for this ammount of money?

Tell us your inspiring answer/s here!

All the best with your invest,
kingof.top

I will invest some of it in other business of my choice and I will donate some to charity organisation.

•••
I don't think that uber.com is the domain that could reach a sale price of more than than 1,000,000,000.00 USD (one billion USD). No way, it's just a 'normal' domain.
The domain which can reach this hight of a sale price must be a clear & self explaining reason for it.

Neverthless, feel free to invíte them in this thread.
I am so free to invite you to tell us your answer to this thread's question.
So, what would you do with more than 1,000,000,000.00 USD (one billion USD) if you would sell a domain in this high level of money?

I never said that the domain was sold for a Billion dollars. Or it could reach the sale price of $1 Billion.

The sellers got equity in the company because uber possibly at that time couldn't afford to buy the domain so they offered a 2 % equity in the company. They were using UberCab.com at the time they acquired UBER.com..

Fast forward 6 years or so, now Uber is worth $51 billions. So a 2 % equity in the company would be worth 1.02 Billion Dollars. Those guys cashed out too early. Regardless, what I meant was that possibly no domain has ever been sold that could have given the seller a return way above a $1 Billion. Hope that makes sense.

•••
“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”

Dr. Seuss

"The Answer I gave. Causes You Dilemma.
My Investment WAS Serious. I'd Invest in a Banana."

Dude Man Bro

I do suggest seeking a Financial Advisor though,
I don't think you're going to get the investment ideas you're looking for in a namepros thread.

''Sometimes the question/s is / are simple and the answer/s are complicated.''
''You can only be who you are and say what you feel.''
''The answer you gave, didn't causes a dilemma in me. Even not if you would invest in bananas''

kingof.top

Thx for your suggestions - if I will make a sale in this hight, I will do that anyway.
I am not trying to get investement ideas here - I am just curious, how others would handle a possible domain sale for more than 1,000,000,000.00 USD because I think to think about this amount of money motivates creative thinking.

Last edited:
•••
I never said that the domain was sold for a Billion dollars. Or it could reach the sale price of $1 Billion.

The sellers got equity in the company because uber possibly at that time couldn't afford to buy the domain so they offered a 2 % equity in the company. They were using UberCab.com at the time they acquired UBER.com..

Fast forward 6 years or so, now Uber is worth $51 billions. So a 2 % equity in the company would be worth 1.02 Billion Dollars. Those guys cashed out too early. Regardless, what I meant was that possibly no domain has ever been sold that could have given the seller a return way above a $1 Billion. Hope that makes sense.

Your explanation / analysis is indeed interesting, thanks.
But I never said that you said that the domain was sold for a billion USD.

However - I still believe that a possible domain sale for more than 1,000,000,000.00 USD (one billion USD) will be a domain sale of a real extraordinary long and strikingly unique .top domain ;)

Anyway - the question (addressed to all) is still the same:

What would you do with more than 1,000,000,000.00 USD (one billion USD) if you will sell a domain for that amount of money?

Last edited:
•••
No brainer- I would spend the entire one billion on spreading this very important message:

Keep right except to pass.

•••
•••
Can you please explain what you mean?
I can't analyze your answer to the question what you would do with more than 1,000,000,000.00 USD (one billion USD) if you will sell a domain for that amount of money by just making only a dot.

•••
Can you please explain what you mean?
I can't analyze your answer to the question what you would do with more than 1,000,000,000.00 USD (one billion USD) if you will sell a domain for that amount of money by just making only a dot.
My original post was
" I would buy all the .top domain names. With the $999,999,999 i have left i will help myself, family, friends, and philanthropy.

The reason i deleted it was because I didn't think it was nice of me to say that about .top when regardless of what I believe you obviously believe strongly and the effort you put towards awareness is commendable.

•••
My original post was
" I would buy all the .top domain names. With the $999,999,999 i have left i will help myself, family, friends, and philanthropy.

The reason i deleted it was because I didn't think it was nice of me to say that about .top when regardless of what I believe you obviously believe strongly and the effort you put towards awareness is commendable.
Thanx, it's just your bizarre way of 'calculating / analyzing' a TLD which will stay on top in future.

BTW, I own a domain which costs more than 1,000,000,000.00 USD - so your (theoretical) plan to buy 'all the
.top domain names' simply would not work ;)

Where are the other ideas what to do with more than 1,000,000,000.00 USD (one billion USD) from a possible domain sale?

Last edited:
•••
Thanx, it's just your bizarre way of 'calculating / analyzing' a TLD which will stay on top in future.

BTW, I own a domain which costs more than 1,000,000,000.00 USD - so your (theoretical) plan to buy 'all the
.top domain names' simply would not work ;)

Where are the other ideas what to do with more than 1,000,000,000.00 USD (one billion USD) from a possible domain sale?
I would develope or buy existing businesses, and build out a network of sites to help brand and market them.

Last edited:
•••
If I had that kind of sale I would buy everything I've ever wanted! In addition to material things, I would find the top 100,000 domains that I like and buy them and still have millions left over.

•••
I have a domain I think I could sell for a bizillion+ ;)
and when I do no one will know about it except the buyer of course.
Then, out of nowhere I would invite all of the great nice helpful and funny people
I have crossed paths with in this industry to a month long retreat with
as many family and friends as they wanted with all of their bills paid for
a month to enjoy life for a time without any worries.
King of .TOP crowned honorary King of anythings possible !
Next, I would support the monks that take care of the endangered tigers
and stay with them for a while to help feed all of the other animals that
show up for food. it's an amazing site to see.. check out the"tiger and the monk"
Then I would buy plots of land all over the world and put in a bunch of tiny little
houses for people to get away from all the noise, electronics, traffic, pollution, news
and cranky people to reconnect with themselves and nature once in a while,
and finally spend the rest of my days with my family
and making sure there wasn't a penny left when I die. In the end I will be sliding
into home base heaven proclaiming "WOW" what a ride !!!!
Thanks for asking !
Cheers!

•••
I have a domain I think I could sell for a bizillion+ ;)
and when I do no one will know about it except the buyer of course.
Then, out of nowhere I would invite all of the great nice helpful and funny people
I have crossed paths with in this industry to a month long retreat with
as many family and friends as they wanted with all of their bills paid for
a month to enjoy life for a time without any worries.
King of .TOP crowned honorary King of anythings possible !
Next, I would support the monks that take care of the endangered tigers
and stay with them for a while to help feed all of the other animals that
show up for food. it's an amazing site to see.. check out the"tiger and the monk"
Then I would buy plots of land all over the world and put in a bunch of tiny little
houses for people to get away from all the noise, electronics, traffic, pollution, news
and cranky people to reconnect with themselves and nature once in a while,
and finally spend the rest of my days with my family
and making sure there wasn't a penny left when I die. In the end I will be sliding
into home base heaven proclaiming "WOW" what a ride !!!!
Thanks for asking !
Cheers!
Awesome ideas, good luck ;)

To all other nP members who still haven't answered this question - here is it once again:

•••
I'd buy a small country and call it Domainland

•••
•••
•••
I would buy real estate. Because God ain't making anymore here.

•••
BANANA PLANTATION AND FACTORY !!
OOH OOH AAH AAH EEE EEE !!!

•••
will donate 50% to poor......30% for my NGO and 10% will buy domains.10% for myself and my parents.....

•••
•••
I would do one of two things depending on how things felt. One I would smash my laptop and never look back. Or 2 - I would be buying massive ammounts of domains / and relist every single one for double.

Depends if im feeling ambitious or lazy that day =)

•••
•••
•••
Hahaha I'd have to be careful there as a UDRP could be done against me.

But if you've got your own country, set your own laws...diplomatic immunity for all domainers

•••
Or you could be the one to open an URDP case against Rick

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back