Dynadot

question More important: Sell High or Just Sell?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

justanITguy

Impact
I'm just getting started in the selling side of domains but I have been collecting for years mostly with the intent of doing websites or projects. I have a lot of IT related domains such as RemoteDiskBackup, RemoteMediaServer, CNCDatabase, HekApp, MachineAccess, NinjaRemoting, and several others.

Should I focus more on selling the ones I no longer intend to use for anything or should I try and get maximum value from them?

Are the people that are looking for maximum value searching for buyers and reaching out or are they just hosting sites that list the domains for sale?

Are any of the listing services trustworthy and worth the money they charge?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Read first before asking questions.
Chances are the questions have been asked 2,000 times already.
Each domainer has their own way to do the business so it will confuse you more than helping you.

•••
Well, that is the thing I've been lurking for a few days reading, but I am getting more confused as I see people doing so many different things.

•••
•••
  • Hosting a domain name will make life easier for you.
    • It allows you to focus on other, more important things

•••
There is no right or wrong. Try different strategies. Everyone's experience is different.

I tried to sell a few high value short names, then I tried just list everything in markets with BIN, then I tried landing pages with a form. Tried develop projects. Each had various degrees of success. Right now I just let the buyers come to me.

Last edited:
•••
I do get these calls from people saying they "represent" someone looking to buy a domain, but I always assumed they were scammers or if they were real they would want too big of a cut. Now I'm thinking I should have accepted their offers lol

@winst that's pretty interesting to me because I could say something kind of similar.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back