IT.COM

Monthly Views on Undeveloped

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

J Sokol

Top Member
Impact
I'm having a hard time making sense of these. They seem to fluctuate a lot, often getting lower. How can a count of monthly views drop? Also, the count doesn't start over at the beginning of a new month.
Any clarity would be appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Bot hits most likely, put Google Analytics on your Undeveloped page.

•••
Bot hits most likely, put Google Analytics on your Undeveloped page.
How do you put Google analytics on to undeveloped. I know it's there I've seen it but don't know how to activate it

•••
Just registering or posting a new page (domain) on a website like that brings bot traffic. After bots initially check it out, the traffic drops to a normal level.

edit: after reading your post, seems you say the hard numbers are changing on the actual landing page. IDK.

Last edited:
•••
For Analytics, you just put your Tracker id in your Settings > For Sale tab.

Google Analytics will filter out the bots but it doesn't give you individual breakdowns of each domain. It's a good way to have a tough count of how much overall traffic you're getting though

•••
I'm having a hard time making sense of these. They seem to fluctuate a lot, often getting lower. How can a count of monthly views drop? Also, the count doesn't start over at the beginning of a new month.
Any clarity would be appreciated.
I'm not 100% sure of this, but it seems like:

1) The total monthly views on your "dashboard" increment for the total views from the 1st of the month and reset on the 1st of the month.
2) the smaller number below looks like a rolling 30 day average as the numbers on it do seem to go down
3) the numbers shown in your "portfolio" page as monthly views are rolling 30 day numbers, which mean views in the past 30 days from the day you view them, so they do appear to fluctuate each day, gaining new views and losing the old ones as the 30 days roll forward.

Personally I dont understand why they have #3. It would really be better that it starts on the 1st and resets each month. I have also seen sometimes there is NO number, not a zero, but a blank.

The number on the dashboard seems to update around 7pm eastern (8pm spring/summer) and the portfolio numbers zero out briefly just after 8pm and update around 8:30pm eastern (9pm spring/summer)

Last edited:
•••
Thanks @NYJimbo; this is helpful. It's funny, everything else about Undeveloped is straightforward and easy to understand, but these numbers are pretty muddled. I agree with you about #3 - it would be better to have the count start over at the beginning of each month.

•••
Back