Dynadot

How to interpret Sedo's statistics?

NameSilo
Watch

Spex

Established Member
Impact
I've recently moved a bunch of names back to Sedo landers as an experiment, because Afternic doesn't provide stats and my DAN.com numbers were really low

We are now 9 days into December and multiple domains are already in the thousands of "unique" views and in the hundreds for "offer" views

I barely got above 100 for an entire month on Dan.com, but after 9 days on Sedo I'm getting 10x the visitors

Are these all bots? Is the a way to filter Sedo's stats to show real visitors?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
DAN does way better filtering of web crawlers, indeed.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Thanks again. Yeah, I'm on landers because I like the minimalist aspect of the basic one but I guess I should move to the parking templates to better manage my expectations regarding traffic :)

•••
Thanks again. Yeah, I'm on landers because I like the minimalist aspect of the basic one but I guess I should move to the parking templates to better manage my expectations regarding traffic :)

I wouldn't change it because of the stats reason. You decided to go for the minimalist Sales Landers (probably the most basic Sales Lander v1) and I agree with that choice. Perhaps try not to care about these statistics too much. It's only important when you see no visitors at all, for a longer period.

Last edited:
•••
@Future Sensors I totally agree that one shouldn't care about the numbers. I was just curious about the spikes and glad you validated my assumptions that it's all bot traffic.

It's interesting to see, in the other threads, that Sedo admits to this and suggests that we use PPC pages for real stats

Last edited:
•••
@Future Sensors I totally agree that one shouldn't care about the numbers. I was just curious about the spikes and glad you validated my assumptions that it's all bot traffic.

It's interested to see, in the other threads, that Sedo admits to this and suggests that we use PPC pages for real stats

Hi

to not care about the numbers, is foolish.

also, the traffic to the landers is not all bot traffic.
if you re-read what was stated:
"The sales lander takes all traffic that your domain receives (including bots) into account".

landers, don't earn any $, unless you get a sale from that visitor.
ppc may earn $ from that visitor, even if/when you don't get a sale.

imo...

•••
•••
Hello @biggie

You should read this in the context of the discussion, for Sedo Sales Landers.

Hi

in any context, to not care about the numbers, is foolish.

doesn't matter if you use lander or ppc page.

as numbers, can be seen as a percentage of possibilities.

it's possible some are bots and it's possible some are real people.

and how will you know unless you look at the stats?

imo....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back