Dynadot

question Money needed for Marketing!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Muhammad Ijaz

Established Member
Impact
How much estimated money do I need to spend on marketing to sell a normal domain name within one week or one month? Just an estimate People?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If it were that easy, everyone would be sitting on a goldmine by now. :xf.grin::xf.wink::xf.wink:

You should rather dig into the potential buyers all over internet like LI, FB, Google all by yourself, contact them and pitch/educate them why your domain is worth the money. It might take a week, a month or even years , based on the quality how you do all above tasks, and most importantly, how good is the name itself.

In that case, I'd only be kidding to give you an amount or time for such a job.

•••
DEPENDS !!!!

If you are selling somewhat unsalable domain name then you will need more money then you can earn by selling that unsalable domain name.

If you are selling somewhat sellable domain name then it will depend how, where and what your target audience are.

Giving an estimate for something like this is not possible at all.

•••
Only place to sell a name that fast is here at one dollar in the buy and sell section.

•••
Just an Estimate! A Last family name for example like maliki.net and maliki.org with 10s of thousands of monthly searches! Like Hundreds, Thousands or 10s of Thousands!

•••
A last name in top TLD but not .com with 10s of thousands of searches will be around $x,xxx range.

And to find a good buyer you won't be spending much more than 100 dollars max. (If the name is as good as you claim)

Thanks.

•••
A last name in top TLD but not .com with 10s of thousands of searches will be around $x,xxx range.

And to find a good buyer you won't be spending much more than 100 dollars max. (If the name is as good as you claim)

Thanks.
That names dont deserve paid advertisement ... Maliki.net & Maliki.org just park them and wait for offer if offers doesnt come i would suggest to drop next year

•••
•••
Does financialanalysis.xyz and financialanalysis.info deserves paid advertisements.? How much could each of them be worth? Just an estimate!

Last edited:
•••
Does financialanalysis.xyz and financialanalysis.info deserver paid adv.? How much could each of them be worth?

Now this thread is getting into all directions :)

I think atleast they both don't deserve "Paid Appraisals"

Thanks.

•••
Now this thread is getting into all directions :)

I think atleast they both don't deserve "Paid Appraisals"

Thanks.
I meant Paid advertisements!

•••
Can someone please tell the best place and ways to advertise domain names? For every dollar spent on a domain name will increase its value by how much? Like my domain caranna.com in Irish Language is a niche domain and also means (Cars) also!

Last edited:
•••
I meant Paid advertisements!
I know what you meant. But as you moved from one domain to another asking for advice I thought will tell you not to fall for "Paid Appraisals Scam"

Can someone please tell the best place and ways to advertise domain names?

I would not look for advertising avenues for this but I would myself go out and see where my target audience is advertising "EX: I would myself search for keywords related to the keyword in my domain name" then I would prepare a list of potential advertisers who are already spending money on advertising for traffic on those keywords/name. This are the guys who will pay money for your domain name.

Now how to track them down depends on situation so for that lots of time/patience/google are your friends.

•••
I know what you meant. But as you moved from one domain to another asking for advice I thought will tell you not to fall for "Paid Appraisals Scam"

I see! Thank You for it!

I would not look for advertising avenues for this but I would myself go out and see where my target audience is advertising "EX: I would myself search for keywords related to the keyword in my domain name" then I would prepare a list of potential advertisers who are already spending money on advertising for traffic on those keywords/name. This are the guys who will pay money for your domain name.

Now how to track them down depends on situation so for that lots of time/patience/google are your friends.

Last edited:
•••
advertising domains is most likely a waste of money

•••
Buy better domains, and people will find you.
Advertising domains that nobody wants is useless and a waste of money.

•••
How much estimated money do I need to spend on marketing to sell a normal domain name within one week or one month? Just an estimate People?
It may be appropriate to market/advertise domain portfolio or domain marketplace, but not a domain. It simply doesn't make sense.

•••
Across industries the average marketing budget is 9%-13%, there are also extreme examples like Salesforce over 50%, Twitter was some crazy numbers too. So I don't think it should be any different with domains. But like said above, should have at least half decent domains, though that said even with a mediocre domain chances to sell it are higher with some effort and good presentation to the right people. To twist a bit one of my favourite quotes from Philip Kotler, we pay too much attention to the cost of doing something but should worry more about the cost of not doing it.

•••
Depends on how to promote. For example, when hiring a marketer, you cannot be sure that he is a professional, or you can set up ads in adwords or fb is too expensive, you need a large budget, it is unlikely for start-ups, email sending and SMS sending is more appropriate , but it is logical to think, more people use the phone than an e-mail, therefore, SMS sending will be more efficient, try services like bsg.world/en/products/bulk-sms/. This is what our company was guided by, because the budget is limited, and the effect is needed as long as sales grow.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back