Dynadot

domain Money.gift, pay.promo, please appraise

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

npUser01

Established Member
Impact
One word highly registered financial terms, any sense whether they have legs with these domains?

also: wealthrises.com... some two word wealthXXX.com have done well, any sense here?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
money.gift - kind of make sense, mid xxx - 1k for end user, but I feel probability of resale very small at any given year for this commbo, not sure this is going to be profitable

pay.promo - I like how it sounds, but not sure about who the end user would really be - without active promoting your .promo domain, probabilities of resale is very low atm. Well, this is type of name which can sell for few thousands USD in case someone likes it and wil find a use for it. On the other hand, string paypromo it is available in all other extensions like .net, .info., .org, .us..it is registered only in .com, which brings probabilities sharpy down. So in short, it can sell for 2-3K, but it is very very unlikely.

•••
money.gift - whats renewal?

•••
Thanks for your comments. I am seeing consistently the advice that one should develop names in order to raise the value from noise to a reasonable rate in most cases. Appreciated.

The renewal for money.gift is 130 usd.

SEMRush rates the kewords money and gift each over 100k searches/month. My thought is that it might be useful for marketing gift cards in particular, which I understand have a high commission.

•••
Thanks for your comments. I am seeing consistently the advice that one should develop names in order to raise the value from noise to a reasonable rate in most cases. Appreciated.

The renewal for money.gift is 130 usd.

SEMRush rates the kewords money and gift each over 100k searches/month. My thought is that it might be useful for marketing gift cards in particular, which I understand have a high commission.
The renewal is pretty high, comparing to what can be achieved for this domain name at aftermarket, imo.

Just my personal view: It is always great idea to have math in check, particularly when one owns lot of new gTLDs. If you have just 1 or 2 names, then who really cares, but if you have few hundreds/thousands, always make sure that ratio (realistic resell price within next 5 years/5 times renewal fee) is a figure, which is at least 100, or more. In case of this domain it is just 7-10, maybe 20, at max...

•••
Thanks for the advice. Re the renewal price, I only own a few which are premium at this point, so I'm probably not at great risk. Thinking of trying out affiliate commissions on this one since it does not require keeping an inventory as far as I know, and I don't need all the market, just a nibble would be fine. And as you say, once the ball is rolling, it may attract someone wanting to move it forward.

If you have a chance I would welcome any thoughts about the other two postings I made in this forum recently. The Chinese domains perhaps I need an expert in that subject, but there is also a list of general business domains which it would help me to prioritize / identify any lively items. Thanks again.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back