Dynadot

Moderator, Why did I lose about 200 posts?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I've noticed in the last 2-3 days (it may be longer) that I've lost aprox. 200 posts. :'( Initially I thought that it was some kind of error at Namepros and it would fix itself up, but it hasn't. :-/

Would appreciate if Michelle, our moderator would look into this, as I'm sure there must be an explanation.

Has anyone else lost posts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
some threads got deleted is probably why

•••

hellofa lot of threads had to have been deleted
to have 200 posts disappear from one member.

and I'm pretty sure I was a lot further past the 9000 mark
I noticed it the other day but thought I was loosing my mind ;)

So what's up??

and in case you don't believe us http://www.namepros.com/522288-milestones-congratulations-ive-reached-____-posts-150.html

if you look back on this thread - Nick for example posted past 7k
well he's under that.

Blake posted back in September that he hit over 3k - and now he's under that ;)

Last edited:
•••
Just for the record my count normal (....... lol)

•••
Mine dropped to 1,111 the other day. I'm not lying :guilty:

Completely strange, I know. It's a message.

I lost about 40-50 posts.

That's a lot for me.

•••
•••
/\ You only made 4 post since 11-25 3D lol

•••
I don't think I lost any of my posts, but it is strange that some have lost them and some haven't :)

•••
I don't think I lost any of my posts, but it is strange that some have lost them and some haven't :)

question is what happened....if it was 1 post I can see a riot starting...but it looks like it's hundreds, if not thousands
no biggie right? :lol:

•••

I counted my posts since that post, and it's more like 34 posts that have been lost in cyberspace.

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

/\ You only made 4 post since 11-25 3D lol

Haha!! This new post count makes me look like a guy who is hardly here. :D

I wonder if any VIP members were affected? (If they were bordering that post count required).

•••
It's the google's panda update folks

•••
It's the google's panda update folks

What does that mean? the posts on the forums have been removed because of Google? hmm, doesn't sound right.

•••
Oh, I was just kidding Mis-chiff. :) I have no clue really.

What does that mean? the posts on the forums have been removed because of Google? hmm, doesn't sound right.

•••
•••
None lost here but it sounds strange!

•••
•••
Gilsan, You can check post history and see if any are missing.
maybe all the posts from the D.U., you and friends thread.... j/k bro. :laugh:

Peace,
Cy

Last edited:
•••
Would appreciate if Michelle, our moderator would look into this, as I'm sure there must be an explanation.

Has anyone else lost posts?

Hi and sorry for the delay in my reply. I have asked Eric to pop in to explain it to you all

Kind regards and love as always
Michelle

•••
We did a complete system maintenance on profile repairs the other day which also included fixing tables and counters. It appears that the counters maintenance for member posts hasn't been run in several years, so it's an accumulation of all that time that was fixed / updated to be accurate at once. (This only effects deleted posts whether they were removed by staff or requested to be removed by the member)

Thanks for understanding,

Eric Lyon

•••
Look at this thread.. it's everyone complaining about post count - no one cares about the actual posts... and to prove the point this thread breaks the record for most thanks and most likes.

What a bunch of reputation whores!!!

:lol:
:hearts:
:imho:

•••
We did a complete system maintenance on profile repairs the other day which also included fixing tables and counters. It appears that the counters maintenance for member posts hasn't been run in several years, so it's an accumulation of all that time that was fixed / updated to be accurate at once. (This only effects deleted posts whether they were removed by staff or requested to be removed by the member)

Eric Lyon
Many thanks :)

•••

Eric Lyon

I still don't understand what that means..sorry!
where did the posts go?

I was always able to see when I had posts deleted, they were removed from my count,
as it happened - back then!

Never noticed the hundreds of miscounted posts.

and no idea what you mean by "profile repairs" and why it
was "just run" after all these years...

An explanation of where the hundreds of posts went would be nice, and if they didn't actually disappear
what happened to the "counters"
and how can fixing "the counters maintenance for member posts" remove them...

and if the posts aren't gone - where are the numbers?
thanks.

Look at this thread.. it's everyone complaining about post count - no one cares about the actual posts... and to prove the point this thread breaks the record for most thanks and most likes.

What a bunch of reputation whores!!!

:lol:
:hearts:
:imho:

Sorry sunshine I care about the actual posts
spent a lot of time here :p

•••
I still don't understand what that means..sorry!
where did the posts go?

I was always able to see when I had posts deleted, they were removed from my count,
as it happened - back then!

Never noticed the hundreds of miscounted posts.

and no idea what you mean by "profile repairs" and why it
was "just run" after all these years...

An explanation of where the hundreds of posts went would be nice, and if they didn't actually disappear
what happened to the "counters"
and how can fixing "the counters maintenance for member posts" remove them...

and if the posts aren't gone - where are the numbers?
thanks.
Sure, for example, when you were a staff member all the posts you deleted and threads you sent to the graveyard, all those posts would be removed from post count for those members in this count fixing maintenance. if the thread isn't LIVE in the public Eye, it doesn't count towards a members active post counts.

Same for any posts deleted or moved to the graveyard today by staff or at the request of members that didn't want their domain indexed after a sale.

Keep in mind that what you were able to see before when you were a staff member may have been due to your group status, which allowed you access to see more. As a VIP Member, you have a couple extra perks, but not the same access levels as when you were a staff member, thus there's things you can no longer see that you used to be able to (I think we've been over this a few times now for several different things you no longer have access to or limits that were lowered due to group status change).

As far as why the previous administration didn't update and run maintenance on the counters, I'm not sure. maybe they were to busy, maybe they weren't aware they needed to do maintenance occasionally for accurate counts, maybe it was overlooked or forgotten. I really don't have an answer, only they know that.

The important thing to keep in mind is that the counts are now Accurate, Maintenance is now being done regularly these days, Bugs are being fixed in a more timely manor (when applicable), Support is performing at all time highs for promptness, etc..

In a nut shell, members don't get post count credit for deleted posts or Graveyard posts (threads). So if you had posts in a thread that was sent to the graveyard, those posts were removed from your active post counts since they are no longer active in this post count maintenance process.

Hope that helps answer your questions better,

Eric Lyon

•••
Not sure why all the digs at the "before" but thanks for explanation.

•••
I wasn't talking about "what I saw" when I was a mod Eric,
come down from there before you fall!

deleted posts are deleted posts - and for the record I was talking about my OWN post count.

I have no idea why you mention the User Groups stuff / mod access etc
well I do but it's not for here ;)
I know what I had access to and when - and when I was a mod,
I didn't snoop where I wasn't supposed to - access or not!

But I saw what I was supposed to - my own deleted posts...in the
graveyard or not and I could still keep track.

basically you are saying there are hundreds of posts ...just gone,
and it's from before?

Don't you think an announcement to the sort would have been nice?
it's not just a few numbers on the post count.

(I think we've been over this a few times now for several different things you no longer have access to or limits that were lowered due to group status change).
and PS: We have never been over this before - and I know what access
I had/didn't have when I was a mod / member - and it was never questioned by me
-access does not alter counts
the point of that shit? pfffft

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back