.mobi .Mobi whois database is LIVE

NameSilo
Watch

-db-

NamePros Inc.VIP Member
Impact
The .mobi whois database is LIVE.

http://pc.mtld.mobi/whois/index.php

2 of my 3 .mobi's disappeared from my EuroDNS account, no longer "pending". I was excited, thinking I got them, but when I check availability they show as taken now.

One says it's "Registry Reserved", even though it wasn't on the published list. :(

A TM owner got the other one. So there goes 2 of my 3. The last one is still pending.

Anyway, the whois check is LIVE so you can start checking... Good Luck!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Man, this is nerve wrecking of the pre/regs i did submit only one is not yet registered and shows even available.

I´m wondering if the intervals are set over a couple of days? I´m wondering by the way why they even have intervals set up.

Why not just let it rip and work of the list.
I hope these intervals are being implented from one entire list and not in such a manor that another list takes over or something.

•••
fleaking said:
I wanna cry....
the other pre-reg of mine... slot.mobi is taken by pool :(
SJM211 said:
Grrr.. looks like my only preorder went to Pool.com :td:
Well guys, that's it for me too. All 3 of mine are gone now. :'(

I had my applications in months ago. I really thought I had a good shot of grabbing one.

suntech said:
Update:
It's still available in the whois but godaddy control panel now has an expiration date
Jeff, that sounds very promising. :o :tu:

Good luck, keep us posted!

•••
Have to say they were pretty quick off the mark at getting the one I was after (I never really expected to get it anyway):

Domain Name:BANKING.MOBI
Created On:26-Sep-2006 14:00:02 UTC
Expiration Date:26-Sep-2008 14:00:02 UTC
Registrant Name:Pool In Trust
Registrant Organization:Pool.com

Guess they'll all go to auction if there's more than one preorder + Pool will make a fortune..

•••
hi guys-

which registrars are you using?

i am wondering because my requests are still in the "waiting for approval" stage, but when i check the whois tool, it's still available?

•••
it shows 3 of my 12 preregs are registered to the registrar i used ... ???

•••
namewaiter said:
it shows 3 of my 12 preregs are registered to the registrar i used ... ???

suspect?

•••
Pool seems to be getting most of the good domains.

Last edited:
•••
GetMail.mobi now shows up in my godaddy account and the whois database.
Good Luck to all!
J.K.

•••
Congrats Tee and Jeff.

The first NamePros members with a .mobi :)

•••
The last of mine preregged .mobi domains is now as well not available anymore but one thing is very strange.

I pre regged with Dotster.com and now the domain shows up under there own details :-/

Is Dotster.com regging domains for themself?

SJM211 said:
Have to say they were pretty quick off the mark at getting the one I was after (I never really expected to get it anyway):

Domain Name:BANKING.MOBI
Created On:26-Sep-2006 14:00:02 UTC
Expiration Date:26-Sep-2008 14:00:02 UTC
Registrant Name:Pool In Trust
Registrant Organization:Pool.com

Guess they'll all go to auction if there's more than one preorder + Pool will make a fortune..

I think half of the Domainer community was after that one LOL... including me as well :hehe:

•••
Hi! Did anybody try to register with Domainsite?

They acquired some of my names, but whois shows domainsite as contact and admin, and the domains are not shown in my DomainSite account... ???

•••
Does anyone know if Dotster.com also has this specific condition in their terms and conditions like Enom has?

"You should be aware that we will also be attempting to obtain domain names in the .MOBI queue, that we will not inform you in advance which domains names we are attempting to obtain, and that if we obtain such a domain name, that we will award the domain name to ourselves and not to you."

•••

Last edited:
•••
app.mobi - didn't get it. I'm with you DB - pre-regged thru EuroDNS in May and it went to Godaddy. Now I have to figure what I'm going to do with a big fat credit. :(

•••
NP'ers successful .mobi grabs so far...

Tee - 1 success, waiting to announce.
Suntech - 1 success, GetMail.mobi
BloGamble - 1 success, Torrents.mobi

*Phronesis, I'm telling you my friend, I'm very disappointed. I thought we had it covered.

•••
Phronesis said:
app.mobi - didn't get it. I'm with you DB - pre-regged thru EuroDNS in May and it went to Godaddy. Now I have to figure what I'm going to do with a big fat credit. :(

I also pre-regged with EuroDNS and got 0!

Can't you refund the credit?

•••
I Got Mine

I got what I believe to be a pretty damn good one. It is the only one I went after. Got it through Godaddy. Also set it up on pool, but GD got it first.

NEWSCAST.MOBI

suntech said:
My Best Godaddy pre-reg went to "expires on 9-26-2008 pending modification public"
Does that mean I got it?

Update:9:25
It's still available in the whois but godaddy control panel now has an expiration date.

Update:9:30 central time
Looks like I got it.... GetMail.mobi :)
It now shows up in the .mobi whois

Mine showed the same, still does, but the whois shows my info. You got it.

•••
BloGamble said:
I also pre-regged with EuroDNS and got 0!

Can't you refund the credit?

I don't believe so.

•••
man dotster seems to have done the best, then pool, then the rest

•••
Nice catch slugraduate!
J.K.

•••
tee said:
dotster I believe puts them all in their name initially
I hope so...

•••
Thanks,

I am pretty pumped right now.

•••
Nice job guys.

I am feeling rather like a retard now, for dealing with 1and1. Not only did they NOT submit my pre-reg order (as they are supposed to), their "service" reps are soo clueless, it is actually funny explaining to them about what "mobi" is.

Oh well, no sense crying over spilled milk; I hope you guys get lots of goodies!

•••
Guys, which registrar so far you recommend?
Thanks.

•••
godaddy sucks, .mobi sucks

I pre-reged 5 .mobi, and now only got one, in my GoDaddy account shows Pending Modification, but whois info if mine, so I assume I got the name.

Anyway, it is Sucks.mobi

Another 4 are very good domain, short and useful, but reg failed.

The only one I reg for fun, and finally in hands now... :td:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back