NameSilo

.Mobi - Development Showcase & Discussion.

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Jo

VIP Member
Impact
56
DEVELOPED .Mobi sites Showcase

Yes I know...there's a ton of mobi threads but this one is for showing our developed sites and tips and tricks for those of us developing them.

I just did a mini one page .mobi site using Godaddy's website tonight. Even though they show all these templates in the builder....for the .mobi you must do without. It was pretty easy, though. Please feel free to visit it and let me know how it is on your mobile phone. Thanks!

http://dailyjoke.mobi

I'll be updating it daily, not sure when as I work all day, most likely at around dinner time though I know the morning would be better! :D

Please add your developed .mobi's here... :xf.love:
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
-db- said:
http://pc.mtld.mobi/community/content_devforum.html

LOTS of good information there for people building sites, including a .mobi template you can use. Just insert logo & text content, and you have a mobi compatible, code compliant site.

If somebody would just take that basic idea... at then modify the background image and color scheme, they could create a nice selection of templates to choose from. In fact, I would pay somebody good money to make some, because I need them for a project of my own.

I downloaded the templates but when I went to load the XHTML into IE they only opened like they were in notepad. No photos or anything. How do you preview the pages when you are editing the XHTML?

And how do you just upload the files to the server? Do you need to do something at the server?

If anyone knows please share. I see a few of you are using the template and they look great (as far as I can tell in the emulator and in IE.)
 
0
•••
my god you guys are quick lol im still working on my first arcade site lol and some people like cheesy jokes lol
 
0
•••
Was able to finally get something up on http://ihotels.mobi

Havent had the chance yet to get the code validated or anything like that, but at least I was able to put something up, rather than leaving it empty.


Alex
 
0
•••
0
•••
0
•••
Kerrijo said:
I downloaded the templates but when I went to load the XHTML into IE they only opened like they were in notepad. No photos or anything. How do you preview the pages when you are editing the XHTML?
I'm having a problem too. My old version of Dreamweaver will not display a "code view" of the xhtml pages. It just opens them in the browser, like I was testing them or something. I use my trusty old Dreamweaver all the time, but just for HTML. I've never tried any Xhtml pages before. Apparently it doesn't recognize them, and it's not even listed in the program's "file types". So I'm not able to edit them.

If not for that, I would have already cranked out several mini-sites of my own.

:(
 
0
•••
-db- said:
I'm having a problem too. My old version of Dreamweaver will not display a "code view" of the xhtml pages. It just opens them in the browser, like I was testing them or something. I use my trusty old Dreamweaver all the time, but just for HTML. I've never tried any Xhtml pages before. Apparently it doesn't recognize them, and it's not even listed in the program's "file types". So I'm not able to edit them.

If not for that, I would have already cranked out several mini-sites of my own.

:(

DB I am trying out this XHTML editor:

http://www.w3.org/Amaya/

I find it hard because I am used to using notepad and the simple tags.

Kerrijo said:
DB I am trying out this XHTML editor:

http://www.w3.org/Amaya/

I find it hard because I am used to using notepad and the simple tags.


alex_d said:
Was able to finally get something up on http://ihotels.mobi

Havent had the chance yet to get the code validated or anything like that, but at least I was able to put something up, rather than leaving it empty.


Alex

LOVE your logo! Did you do that yourself? Also don't forget your copyright info for the bottom of the pages. :)
 
0
•••
Kerrijo said:
LOVE your logo! Did you do that yourself? Also don't forget your copyright info for the bottom of the pages. :)

Hi Kerrijo,

Thanks for the reminder about the copyright info - I completely forgot about that.

I did the logo myself - didnt take more than 5 minutes with Photoshop. I tried to do it so that the phone looks like the "i" in the name - not sure if I was able to get that across with the logo though ?


Alex
 
0
•••
alex_d said:
Hi Kerrijo,

Thanks for the reminder about the copyright info - I completely forgot about that.

I did the logo myself - didnt take more than 5 minutes with Photoshop. I tried to do it so that the phone looks like the "i" in the name - not sure if I was able to get that across with the logo though ?


Alex

Oh yes I got that. Have you checked it on the emulator site yet?

Well I am going to give up on the XHTML editor for now. It's too involved and I don't have the energy right now.
 
0
•••
Somebody please tell me something... A-Z.mobi

How do people dial a dash "-" on a mobile phone?
 
0
•••
-db- said:
Somebody please tell me something... A-Z.mobi

How do people dial a dash "-" on a mobile phone?

On my phone, you have to press the "1" key about a hundred times.
 
0
•••
Pokerhands.mobi is done but for some reason it's not showing in the emulator. I think it's because it's a free site from godaddy and their damn ads are at the top of the page. Can anyone see this site on their mobile? Thanks. :-/

I'm parking fortunes and fortunecookie for now.
 
0
•••
PokerHands looks nice...
 
0
•••
pokerhands.mobi looks good on my treo. The only issue I see is there is a lot of space between "What's in your hand" and the hands (I mentioned the same thing for dailyjoke.mobi). Seems like it is a website tonight issue.
 
0
•••
MusicCast.mobi

I have MusicCast.mobi up now. Just has a press release for Carbonleaf that I pulled from their website. I need to find the time to create a more useful site. Any suggestions? My brother in law is a warehouse of musical knowledge. Maybe some music trivia or something? Of course, I didn’t forget my Sedo tracker.
 
0
•••
chupacabra said:
pokerhands.mobi looks good on my treo. The only issue I see is there is a lot of space between "What's in your hand" and the hands (I mentioned the same thing for dailyjoke.mobi). Seems like it is a website tonight issue.

Thanks so much for visiting my sites Heman maximus and chupacabra. I notice the space problem when I am editing the site. I have tried deleting etc. but this doesn't help. I will have to try and see if I can do a full edit of it but I have seen no options for this. I even tried adding a hit counter from their template but that didn't work either. Their options are buggy for .mobi's.


slugraduate I visited your page and it looks good, though very wide, it won't work in the emulator sorry to say. Looks good on my IE desktop though! :) I see you used the template, did you need to do/add something to the server before you uploaed the pages and graphics?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT: here is a fantastic site with tutorials on XHTML:
XHTML tutorials
thanks DB! :)
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Kerrijo said:
http://dailyjoke.mobi

I'll be updating it daily, not sure when as I work all day, most likely at around dinner time though I know the morning would be better! :D

dotMobi added a few new sites to their showcase at: http://demo.mtld.mobi/ giggle.mobi is one they added that is very similiar to kerrijo's dailyjoke.mobi :) maybe we can submit some our top .mobi sites? my personal favorite so far is alex_d's iHotels.mobi
 
0
•••
MinionDH said:
dotMobi added a few new sites to their showcase at: http://demo.mtld.mobi/ giggle.mobi is one they added that is very similiar to kerrijo's dailyjoke.mobi :) maybe we can submit some our top .mobi sites? my personal favorite so far is alex_d's iHotels.mobi

Thanks for letting us know Minion. I don't think they would add mine as I didn't use their template. Heads up to Alex: I just checked the iHotels in the emulator and the logo is too big and there's some code showing at the bottom. Not sure how it looks on a real phone. Maybe you could keep the "I" part (so cool) and just make the hotel word tiny. :)
 
0
•••
I wonder how long it too "alex_d" to put Ihotels.mobi online ? It looks really nice, Very simple to navigate.
 
0
•••
Thanks again for the "heads up" Kerrijo - Thats 2 I owe you now.
I was able to fix the logo on the home page, and it appears fine now on the emulator. I also fixed the code that was appearing at the bottom of the page as well - I hadn't noticed that.

Heman - I have only had the site online for a few days now. I was talking with the affiliate company about what I was looking to develop, and they were able to help me with regards to keeping the content as simple looking and easy to use as possible.

I am not expecting any traffic or hotel bookings from the site for a while, but I hope that in the future when the mobile internet finally kicks off, and usage prices fall, then maybe I can say that I developed one of first developed hotel booking .mobi site.


Just a quick edit: Has everyone here checked their sites on the Emulator, but using the SONY skin, not the default Nokia one ?? I seem to have problems viewing my site on the Sony skin, whereas the Nokia one works fine.
Is anyone else having any problems with this ???


Alex
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back