.Mobi - Development Showcase & Discussion.

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Jo

VIP Member
Impact
56
DEVELOPED .Mobi sites Showcase

Yes I know...there's a ton of mobi threads but this one is for showing our developed sites and tips and tricks for those of us developing them.

I just did a mini one page .mobi site using Godaddy's website tonight. Even though they show all these templates in the builder....for the .mobi you must do without. It was pretty easy, though. Please feel free to visit it and let me know how it is on your mobile phone. Thanks!

http://dailyjoke.mobi

I'll be updating it daily, not sure when as I work all day, most likely at around dinner time though I know the morning would be better! :D

Please add your developed .mobi's here... :xf.love:
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
If you are choosing a host I would consider hostgator because for $9.95 a month you get the ability to add multiple domains, which is a lot cheaper in the end if you have more than a few websites.
 
0
•••
Kerrijo said:
Please add your developed .mobi's here... :xf.love:
http://bmw.mobi
http://businessweek.mobi
http://nokia.mobi
http://ericsson.mobi
http://vodafone.mobi
http://t-mobile.mobi
http://google.mobi
http://movistar.mobi
http://rolls-royce.mobi
http://godaddy.mobi
http://domainpeople.mobi
http://cityguide.mobi
http://kicker.mobi
http://gsmawards.mobi
http://tim.mobi
http://syniverse.mobi
http://gsmworld.mobi
http://three.mobi
http://diba.mobi
http://kaiserstuhl.mobi
http://kilburnie.mobi
http://neckermann.mobi
http://tipp24.mobi
http://thalys.mobi
http://utexas.mobi

None of the above are mine :)

tony_np said:
I have a godaddy account too, how much should I pay if I use their tonight program? Thanks!
GoDaddy issued a press release a few weeks ago saying "Right now, all customers who register their .MOBI domain names through GoDaddy.com get free hosting and a Web site builder"

Here's the link (PDF): http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/pressreleases/08_30_06_Go_Daddy_Goes_Mobile.pdf?se=+
 
Last edited:
0
•••
@Kerrijo

Why not categorize your jokes? Having multiple joke sections is going to increase the popularity of the site only more by having for instance, Yo mama yokes - Dirty Jokes - and so on...

This is going to give you a good headstart on other joke sites to come :)

And for little money you can market your .mobi website very easily by distributing flyers over high schools and malls, places where the youngsters can be found.
Remember the first ones to arrive are most likely the ones that will be the most popular :)

P.S. make sure you have integrated adsense on your site ;) If this is possible?
 
0
•••
0
•••
Well guys certainly not .mobi domains as i am not a great fan of them, but its good to see some more people like me who think internet on mobile has some future. :)

My sites might not be great as that of the above listed mobile phone sites.

Still if u get time , visit

http://www.jokesonmobile.com/
http://www.foodonmobile.com/ - (working on it)

Making them for fun!

next will be http://www.jobsonmobile.com/ (no fun with this one :))
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Ok, so here's my big question. How do you monetize your site without actually selling a product?
 
0
•••
0
•••
Your today's joke:
Why are pirates called
pirates?

Because they arrr...
is simply NOT funny.

Might want to conduct some market research to get funnier jokes on your site :)
 
0
•••
nice! i looked it up via blazer (treo 700p's browser) and it looks great!

kev

ps.

"....is simply NOT funny.

Might want to conduct some market research to get funnier jokes on your site..."


How about this joke (courtesy of piratejokes.net)?

Where do pirates keep fresh water?

In jaaarrrrrrrrs!
[bi]
 
0
•••
ablaye said:
Your today's joke:

is simply NOT funny.

Might want to conduct some market research to get funnier jokes on your site :)

I think that KJ was just trying to get the site up and tested with some NP feedback rather than knock our socks off with the jokes.
 
0
•••
sf2010 said:
Where do pirates keep fresh water?

In jaaarrrrrrrrs!

Now, that's much better! :D
 
0
•••
Hi Everyone, First of all i like to say this is a great thread. Now moving on to few questions that i have...

Allright, I have a News mobi domain name and i would like to develope it..I know manually updating news will take a lot of time so Do you guys know of any good RSS feed sites for news...Would be helpful if you can help me out...
 
0
•••
I tried placing an rss feed on newscast.mobi and it didn't work out so well. I pulled the site down and need to find time to redevelop it this week.
 
0
•••
from the blog ...

Out of 630 mobile consumers, 40 percent stated they are willing to receive advertising content when they watch mobile TV and video, 35 percent are willing to view ads when playing games, and 27 percent are willing to receive ads to listen to music, in exchange for reduced content costs.

The other finding? "Text messages were the most unsavory way for consumers to receive ads. "

found at...

http://blog.mobi
 
0
•••
MinionDH said:
GoDaddy issued a press release a few weeks ago saying "Right now, all customers who register their .MOBI domain names through GoDaddy.com get free hosting and a Web site builder"

Here's the link (PDF): http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/pressreleases/08_30_06_Go_Daddy_Goes_Mobile.pdf?se=+

Yes, I just found that out today, that I didn't have to buy that 2 months thing at all. :lol: Oh well, live and learn.


Damion said:
@Kerrijo

Why not categorize your jokes? Having multiple joke sections is going to increase the popularity of the site only more by having for instance, Yo mama yokes - Dirty Jokes - and so on...

This is going to give you a good headstart on other joke sites to come :)

And for little money you can market your .mobi website very easily by distributing flyers over high schools and malls, places where the youngsters can be found.
Remember the first ones to arrive are most likely the ones that will be the most popular :)

P.S. make sure you have integrated adsense on your site ;) If this is possible?

Yes, I plan on that, thank you, will be one for kids, one for adults and the main one. I just haven't had the time to expand the site yet. Also I am of the old school of notepad and simple cut and paste. I don't know all the fancy stuff so I am limited in developement unless someone helps me. I also have a hosting account outside of Godaddy and I am not sure if I can use .mobi, I'll have to contact Ricky and then I won't be limited to 5 pages in the Website Tonight program on Godaddy.

And I don't expect everyone to agree on which jokes are funny as we all have different opinions. The thing is...I have an easy and sometimes off-the-wall sense of humour so I laugh a lot. (Could be a problem with the jokes hee hee) :red:

Hasn't anyone else developed any sites of their own....
 
0
•••
I thought the pirate joke was funny, but my sense of humor is a bit off I think :D :cy:
 
0
•••
We are working on www.nonprofit.mobi. Any feedback from phones would be appreciated. Links 1, 2, 3, and 5 are now active and work on my Treo.

I am hoping to add minor content and mostly links to other mobile enabled sites that would be of interest to people working in the nonprofit sector. Rather than reinventing the wheel, the site will be more of a single stop where one one or two clicks saves the user from having to enter urls. This also will keep the mobi domain compliant while the links to other non-mobi sites allows some freedom from the strict xhtml-mp.

I have a news link using google mobile news beta with "nonprofit" as the search. Also, I used wordpress mobile plug in to implement commentary on nonprofit news. I think that monetizing a mobi name will have to be more creative so one thing I am doing is using my company as a sponsor for the site (management consulting for nonprofits) so a single sale of any business is worth minimum $xx,xxx. I included a phone number with the sponsor logo as it seems the easiest way to contact us. I will also use the "services" area for very brief service descriptions of my own services and those of some other partners.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Fundraiser said:
We are working on www.nonprofit.mobi. Any feedback from phones would be appreciated. The first two links are active and work on my Treo.

I am hoping to add minor content and mostly links to other mobile enabled sites that would be of interest to people working in the nonprofit sector. Rather than reinventing the wheel, the site will be more of a single stop where one one or two clicks saves the user from having to enter urls. This also will keep the mobi domain compliant while the links to other non-mobi sites allows some freedom from the strict xhtml-mp.

I have a news link using google mobile news beta with "nonprofit" as the search. Also, I used wordpress mobile plug in to implement commentary on nonprofit news. I think that monetizing a mobi name will have to be more creative so one thing I am doing is using my company as a sponsor for the site (management consulting for nonprofits) so a single sale of any business is worth minimum $xx,xxx. I included a phone number with the sponsor logo as it seems the easiest way to contact us. I will also use the "services" area for very brief service descriptions of my own services and those of some other partners.

Fundraiser, I love the site! I'm so glad to see everyone working hard to develop their .mobi's - keep up the great work!
 
0
•••
MinionDH said:
Fundraiser, I love the site! I'm so glad to see everyone working hard to develop their .mobi's - keep up the great work!

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
0
•••
This thread inspired me to crank one of my .mobi's out. It's a little rough right now:

leasecalculator.mobi
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back