Domain Empire

Mike Mann’s Latest Domain Acquisitions & Sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Here is a look at some of Mike Mann’s domain acquisitions and sales from the last month or so. Mike Mann is the owner of DomainMarket.com that offers more than 250,000 premium domain names for sale.

Domain name purchases:

Facetimer.com $8
TwitterNames.com $70
EyePhone.com $1,000

Domain name sales:

MagicLens.com $19,000 (purchased for $166)
ProtectYourMind.com $2,000 (purchased for $7.50)
HelpSomeone.com $4,000 (purchased for $350)
GoodbyeFat.com $4,000 (purchased for $80)
RockinOn.com $9,888 (purchased for $7.50)
SalonTime.com $8,500 (purchased for $200)
EqualityHealth.com $30,000 (purchased for for $200)
ExecutiveAdvertising.com $25,000 (purchased for $1,800)

Source

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Twitter Names? Isn't that a trademark violation?

•••
FaceTime is a trademarked Apple video call function. The Twitter name is obviously owned by Twitter. EyePhone sounds like iPhone, although could be used for something unrelated to smartphones/iPhones. Still, it's almost as if he was aiming for a clear or possible TM violation with each name...

•••
Really surprising someone in his position would mess around with trademark violating domains.

•••
FaceTime is a trademarked Apple video call function. The Twitter name is obviously owned by Twitter. EyePhone sounds like iPhone, although could be used for something unrelated to smartphones/iPhones. Still, it's almost as if he was aiming for a clear or possible TM violation with each name...

Really surprising someone in his position would mess around with trademark violating domains.

It's like he wants to be sued.

•••
I am sure twitter cant sue him for
twitter/names.

This name could be used for twitter name generator site. There are niche already.

•••
twitter/names.

This name could be used for twitter name generator site. There are niche already.

Lol but if I was the owner of that name, you and every other NP member would think otherwise.

•••
twitter/names.

Hey Twitter doesn't allow domains with the word "Twitter" in them. Tweets, Tweet, Tweeter are allowed as of now.

You need licencing to use "Twitter" in your domain name.

Source: Twitter support team, while I was building my website.

•••
Yeah, strange he would be getting trademarked names

twitter/names.

Yes they can, Twitter can take that name from him anytime they wanted do. Check the legal section

•••
I mean twitter doesnt care about it as long you didnt approach them to buy your name.

You can still own generic name like twittertips, twitterhashtag, twitterfollowers etc ..

•••
I see lot of Twitter domains doing business but somehow their nature of business is related to Twitter.

•••
I mean twitter doesnt care about it as long you didnt approach them to buy your name.

You can still own generic name like twittertips, twitterhashtag, twitterfollowers etc ..

Thats incorrect, you cant own a name with "Twitter"....the same as you cant own a name with Microsoft or Apple etc...have a read about it and you will see.

•••
I am not lawyer, so its hard to me to tell whether its can or not. what i can say it depends on what purpose you have in mind.
If you check at namebio they had sales for 'twitter' or 'facebook' names.

•••
lol, this is funny.

I just get an idea why the owner of Apple really love 'Apple', because the word contains with 'App'?

Really, i just know about it.

•••
Well, he bought TM domains but he may sell them to Twitter and FaceBook at $700/each and make a great profit hahaha:ahhh:

•••
lol, this is funny.

I just get an idea why the owner of Apple really love 'Apple', because the word contains with 'App'?

Really, i just know about it.
:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o

It's a brandable, 5L, Pronounceable, made up word!

APP + LE

•••
I am not lawyer, so its hard to me to tell whether its can or not. what i can say it depends on what purpose you have in mind.
If you check at namebio they had sales for 'twitter' or 'facebook' names.
Wordpress is going after many wordpress domains! udrp

•••
How he sell? inbound? outbound?Any idea?

•••
•••
•••
He obviously couldn't care less about TMs.

•••
Well since twittername.com is owned by twitter, could get hairy but hey whats 70 bucks! ;)

•••
•••
When it comes to TMs - he should man up.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back