IT.COM

mijndomein.nl issue after promotion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sye

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

Last year most of us registered domain at mijndomein.nl in blackfriday , today i tried to transfer out few domain, but its showing Moving the domain name away, within 1 year. Costs: €5 per domain name

What could be done now, ?

thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,

Last year most of us registered domain at mijndomein.nl in blackfriday , today i tried to transfer out few domain, but its showing Moving the domain name away, within 1 year. Costs: €5 per domain name

What could be done now, ?

thanks

It cost nothing...
I have moved domains out seamlessly

•••
It cost nothing...
I have moved domains out seamlessly

I moved out most right after 60 days. No issue for me. However... They actually did start trying to charge you for transfers (within the year) since earlier this year.

They will provide the Auth code when you request it and try to charge you after you actually transferred out. As per ICANN rules, they cannot deny you to transfer away, even if you have an outstanding balance.

If you have a payment method on file they cannot charge... You do the math. Can't advise anyone to do something that might be considered unethical....

On the other hand... They are obfuscating a lot of the fine print ignoring some Dutch advertising laws, although debatable, I'm not a lawyer, they're walking a very thin line.

Anyone running into issues, file a formal complaint with ICANN and SIDN.

•••
If you have a payment method on file they cannot charge
Where can you check for payment details? I've found only some info at administration/payment details but for sure they must have some other payment info on file from when I've bought the domains.

•••
Where can you check for payment details? I've found only some info at administration/payment details but for sure they must have some other payment info on file from when I've bought the domains.

I'm not sure. I've been using them for years just to take advantage of some promos. Used to transfer out at first opportunity. I always use direct bank payments for registrars located here to avoid payment fees.

If you used a creditcard they probably have that on file.

•••
I also registered some names there and planning to move out..Before registering,i had the same question in mind about charging a fee by them,but some earlier users confimed that there is no fee..We understand they gave us promo,but it is a matter of their company promotion investment deals..Charging a fee for transferring out is not good a business model..

The lesson is do not register names with any registars who are not providing instant Auth Codes inside the domain manager..sending email to get the auth codes is at the mercy of registar eventhough we are the owner of that domain.

Namecheap,Dynadot,Epik,Godaddy etc all giving instant auth codes..thats the sign of business trust..

Last edited:
•••
I got this today

Expiration date: 04-08-2021
Amount: € 20.00
Dear Govind Kumar,

Hereby you will receive a summons for xxxxxx.com. The payment term for our invoices is 14 days (Art. 3.5-6 General Terms and Conditions mijndomein.nl) and has now passed for some time.

As announced in the reminder, we have blocked your package(s) today. Moving or transferring the domain is not possible until the invoice and the associated collection costs have been paid.

In the absence of full payment of 20.00 before 04-08-2021 (within 15 days after receipt of this e-mail), we will pass on your details to our collection agency, the domain name will then expire. We are entitled to do so on the basis of Article 6:96 of the Dutch Civil Code and the Decree on compensation for extrajudicial collection costs. The costs for this procedure are 15% of the total invoice, with a minimum of €40.

Prevent transfer to the collection agency and pay today via the payment button below.

•••
I got this today

Expiration date: 04-08-2021
Amount: € 20.00
Dear Govind Kumar,

Hereby you will receive a summons for xxxxxx.com. The payment term for our invoices is 14 days (Art. 3.5-6 General Terms and Conditions mijndomein.nl) and has now passed for some time.

As announced in the reminder, we have blocked your package(s) today. Moving or transferring the domain is not possible until the invoice and the associated collection costs have been paid.

In the absence of full payment of 20.00 before 04-08-2021 (within 15 days after receipt of this e-mail), we will pass on your details to our collection agency, the domain name will then expire. We are entitled to do so on the basis of Article 6:96 of the Dutch Civil Code and the Decree on compensation for extrajudicial collection costs. The costs for this procedure are 15% of the total invoice, with a minimum of €40.

Prevent transfer to the collection agency and pay today via the payment button below.
Did you managed to transfer away or they have locked the domains until the payment is done? Did you tried to contact ICANN regarding the charge for transfer away?

•••
Did you managed to transfer away or they have locked the domains until the payment is done? Did you tried to contact ICANN regarding the charge for transfer away?
I already transfered domain to godaddy one month ago and they are sending reminders again and again to pay for transfer out.

•••
ALWAYS read the Company's Terms of condition

English Translation (google)

mjnl.jpg

•••
I already transfered domain to godaddy one month ago and they are sending reminders again and again to pay for transfer out.
Do you have other domains with them, if you have, they have locked them until you pay?

•••
Last edited:
•••
Do you have other domains with them, if you have, they have locked them until you pay?
No i had only one domain there, for now i do not have any domain with them. I do not care if they close my account- any issue with domain? Which i transfered out? Help needed.

•••
So they charged you € 20.00 for only one domain? Or they added penalties?

Last edited:
•••
No i had only one domain there, for now i do not have any domain with them. I do not care if they close my account- any issue with domain? Which i transfered out? Help needed.
I don't think they can do anything now. Ensure it from others and then reply them with a "F*** off"

•••
Is it actually euro 5 or Euro 20 they will be charging for transfer out per domain?

What will happen if we request all the domains in the acocunt (say 25) at a time to transfer out? They will allow one by one only and then take transfer out fee and then proceed next? Or we will be able to transfer out all 25 and then they send invoice of transfer out fee for 25 domains?

Any ideas?

•••
It's 5 euros + VAT (at least for me). You will be able to transfer your domains out one by one and after each one, you will receive an invoice.

•••
It's 5 euros + VAT (at least for me). You will be able to transfer your domains out one by one and after each one, you will receive an invoice.

5 euro atleast fine..but 20 euros is huge for transfer out if they charge..🙄

So if we have more domains there, no escape..😘😘

•••
You faced any issue later on? They have asked me to pay 200+ euros.. I had 20 odd nl domains that I was willing to expire.. turns out I have to COMPULSORILY renew them since I didn't cancel the domains 1 month prior to expiry date!

•••
On the other hand... They are obfuscating a lot of the fine print ignoring some Dutch advertising laws, although debatable, I'm not a lawyer, they're walking a very thin line.

Anyone running into issues, file a formal complaint with ICANN and SIDN.

Mijndomein is a reseller that offers domain name registration services through (for example) a Metaregistrar.com but they're not ICANN accredited registrar. link

mr.png

Regards

Last edited:
•••
Hi,

We can give you som extra time to pay the invoice, i have extended the due date of the Aanmaning that was send to you.

After the Aanmaning, you will receive the last reminder and this is called the Sommatie. If you don't pay before the due date of the Sommatie reminder, the invoice will go to a collection agency and the costs will become larger.
And if the invoice isn't pad to the collection agency, then a debt collector will come to collect the invoice.

Have a nice day.

Mijndomein replying to my ticket 😅

•••
Hi,

We can give you som extra time to pay the invoice, i have extended the due date of the Aanmaning that was send to you.

After the Aanmaning, you will receive the last reminder and this is called the Sommatie. If you don't pay before the due date of the Sommatie reminder, the invoice will go to a collection agency and the costs will become larger.
And if the invoice isn't pad to the collection agency, then a debt collector will come to collect the invoice.

Have a nice day.

Mijndomein replying to my ticket 😅
Will there be any issues even if you don't care about those domain expiry?

•••
•••
Back