Domain Empire

Microsoft's New, Cheaper Office Suite

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
It’s called Office 365 Personal and Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) said Sunday the new cloud-based version of its popular productivity software would work just like the conventional program and include Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.

Office 365 Personal will sell for $69.99 a year or $6.99 a month according to Microsoft. Users would only be able to use the software on one PC or Mac and one tablet. Office 365 Home, by contrast, allows users to connect up to five computers and five mobile devices.

Microsoft has not been totally forthcoming about whether the new version of Office 365 would be available for non-Microsoft tablets. So far, Office 365 has only worked on Microsoft tablets. Both Apple iPad users and Google Android tablet owners have had to settle for other options.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/intro...0ZTJpBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA1VJQzFfMQ--

RentaWare.... sukkin

Peace,
Cy

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Days of piracy are over :)

Or maybe now someone else will again find a workaround :D

•••
The latest version of Adobe CC (Creative Cloud) is also RentaWare.

I'm gonna start using OpenOffice in the future. Heard it's pretty good... and it's free.

•••
Days of piracy are over :)

Or maybe now someone else will again find a workaround :D

You know they will.
teh scene wont let this go by.

Peace,
Cy

•••

I'm gonna start using OpenOffice in the future. Heard it's pretty good... and it's free.

Give LibreOffice a try. I used to use OpenOffice on Linux, but I've switched to LibreOffice.

I have Adobe CC. It's a bit rough around the edges, but it has a lot of nice cloud features that I find useful. It's also more financially manageable than buying all of the software for one giant fee. What if I tried it and didn't like it?

Office 365 has two primary purposes: compliment Microsoft's mobile devices, and compete with Google Drive (fka Google Docs). It's significantly more powerful than Google's free alternative, and many tablets now include a free subscription to Office 365 and OneDrive (fka SkyDrive).

SaaS (Software as a Service) has a lot of advantages over traditional installable software for both the end user and the developer. For example, the software is always up-to-date, and there's no need to pay for upgrades. Often there are options to only pay for what you need: when utilized properly, SaaS can easily be more cost-effective than normal software. However, it's still a developing concept, so there will inevitably be some flaws.

Personally, I still use traditional Office, simply because I have an MSDN subscription that gives me access to most Microsoft software. If it weren't for that, I'd probably have switched to 365.

•••
SaaS (Software as a Service) has a lot of advantages over traditional installable software for both the end user and the developer. For example, the software is always up-to-date, and there's no need to pay for upgrades. Often there are options to only pay for what you need: when utilized properly, SaaS can easily be more cost-effective than normal software.

The flip side of the coin is they've gotcha and they set the rules. Price increase? Some features declared "premium" for an extra fee? Pay up or lose it.

I got a last-minute CS6 upgrade before they went fully CC.

Open office - last time I tried it, it was 95% perfect and 5% "oh crap - you can't do THAT?" Maybe its improved since then ...

•••

I personally have OpenOffice on my dell laptop and it works quite well. Keep in mind my expectations are low considering it is a free product.

Just an FYI, my only small complaint is that it is a resource hog and if you have an older cpu it will bog it down a lot. Otherwise than that OpenOffice is really, really well worth the download especially if you are cash strapped and looking for a basic alternative.

•••
I use open office to track my domains. I've used it before to handle excel files for a client. Between that and google docs, I have no need for MS office no matter how they offer it.

•••
Open office - last time I tried it, it was 95% perfect and 5% "oh crap - you can't do THAT?" Maybe its improved since then ...

95% perfect and free.... I would say that's a great deal

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back