Dynadot

MicrosoftRescue [dot] com is a Scam Site and GoDaddy Will Do Nothing About It

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have complained to both Microsoft, who admitted that this is a bad player, but they said they would do nothing about it, even though this a$$hat is squatting on their name.

So, everyone, you evidently now have free rein to squat on Microsoft keywords...

Go Daddy is both the host and the registrar, so I have filed several complaints with them.

This is what I finally received today in regard to my complaint:

Information regarding your request
Our support staff has responded to your request, details of which are described below:
Discussion Notes
Support Staff Response

Update [Incident ID: 26784417] - Fwd: SRX1299769376ID - FW: MicrosoftRescue.com AGAIN (Yet another complaint)

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Unfortunately we cannot assist with this issue through this department.

GoDaddy does not allow illegal content on our customer's websites. However, as a Registrar/Hosting provider, it is not our place to determine if the site you have mentioned is actually engaging in illegal activities. GoDaddy suggests reporting your issue to IC3 via their File a Complaint page. The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C) who accepts online Internet crime complaints filed by a person who believes they were defrauded.

GoDaddy regularly works with courts and law enforcement from the local to the international level and has a long-standing history of cooperation with these groups. Should we receive notification from these groups in regards to this issue we will be able to work with them on the matter.

Please contact us if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Digital Crimes Unit Engineers

Customer Inquiry

To whom it may concern: RE: MicrosoftRescue [dot] .com This website, which I have reported twice to Go Daddy and once to Microsoft, is still up and running. How many people must be scammed until you take this site down? All I know: if I did something a wee bit wrong on MY sites, I'd be shut down right away. My next complaint will be addressed to ICANN. I'd rather not do that.
I'm about fed up with this crap; meanwhile, this scammer is allowed to rip people off and make zombies out of "customer's" computers. This kind of scam happened to a relative of mine. I thought for sure they would suspend this site.

This is ridiculous. Registrars have abuse emails, but they do nothing when you DO report something.

And I don't give enough of a $h*t to involve the FBI or email ICANN, who does nothing anyway. Besides, I wasn't personally defrauded (although my relative was).

It's all a big joke.

As a last ditch effort: #Joe Styler, could you look into this? My incident report # is above.

Otherwise, I'm done.

My relative is on his own.

FZUtGDZTKjKvxO6E48eKunaKnDhfNSWkiG_fM80LRZOnnGzjztAPPsxvcJCSnWxkxUKsfNfnAS_gBL07fvd1yypAkiOqFQxZXHUL8uiubv6doBbXVCs57NR2Kfw5BmTmso1SrdXrU13AzLOLLpdvsddbLYltqVP6ykeNWPzmbskAQyICaKsFR4-PIn6JOGQ0qtUPcSVkHQRdAmY4EikbTizfD0oYSsrGisRg9lI=s0-d-e1-ft

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You didn't say what they were doing wrong. You just said how many people need to be scammed...
I could say that about every affiliate store if I wanted to... or any site...

The burden of proof is on the accuser, no?

•••
They were sending out spam emails that said that they have discovered that the recipient's computer was infected with viruses and to call a phone number so that the computer could be "cleaned."

When my relative responded to a similar company (perhaps the same company under a different name), they took his money and infected his computer with real viruses and then tried to shake him down for more money.

I think it's called "ransom ware."

•••
They were sending out spam emails that said that they have discovered that the recipient's computer was infected with viruses and to call a phone number so that the computer could be "cleaned."

When my relative responded to a similar company (perhaps the same company under a different name), they took his money and infected his computer with real viruses and then tried to shake him down for more money.

I think it's called "ransom ware."

Even in your post you don't say this site is responsible for anything "similar company" ... you don't have any example of this company making a "zombie out of a machine". Your relative was taken in by "perhaps the same company under a different name".. While I understand and get your anger at scams in general, it seems misplaced in this instance at Godaddy. You're asking GoDaddy to shut down a domain, in essence, because they look like they might be like other scammers.

This is almost the internet version of a website wearing a hoodie.

Victims of real scams should be reported to the authorities who *might* be able to do something.

Now if you got unsolicited email you could file a spam complaint? That would get more mileage than a website complaint and could be more readily proved if you have the email in question.

•••
Basically Godaddy's TOS let them cancel a domain pretty much without any reason so they can cancel the domain if they want - for them that is an instant route to resolving it, involves no judgements about the content.

•••
Even in your post you don't say this site is responsible for anything "similar company" ... you don't have any example of this company making a "zombie out of a machine". Your relative was taken in by "perhaps the same company under a different name".. While I understand and get your anger at scams in general, it seems misplaced in this instance at Godaddy. You're asking GoDaddy to shut down a domain, in essence, because they look like they might be like other scammers.

This is almost the internet version of a website wearing a hoodie.

Victims of real scams should be reported to the authorities who *might* be able to do something.

Now if you got unsolicited email you could file a spam complaint? That would get more mileage than a website complaint and could be more readily proved if you have the email in question.

First of all, they spammed me twice, and, yes, I did forward the emails to both Go Daddy and Microsoft.

Secondly, they lied by saying my computer was infected (it wasn't. I ran a scan).

Third, they implied they were associated with Microsoft (the domain owner is in New Dehli).

Fourth, why don't you click on their website and see for yourself?

:)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back