Domain Empire

Microsoft TotalRecall

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

G_C

Established Member
Impact
While looking for something to blog about earlier today, I came across this report on CNN. Basically, Microsoft - as well as a few other companies - are working on a device that effectively record everything you see and hear and make it available for storage on your computer. Ideally, you'll be able to play back a conversation you had 20 years ago or a fax that you read a few months back.

You can read the full story here.

All in all, simply cool - but do imagine saving all that information on your PC and then having an HD failure. Still, imagine how much money you could make off making a social networking site (like MySpace) where you can exchange memory recordings (edited, of course) or how much advertisement revenue you'd get out of making an online database of such recordings.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
wow, that's amazing. I wonder how it would be possible to store all that data though?

•••
How much space could it take to compress 12+ hours of surfing the web (er, I mean, NamePros)...

•••
Its an ongoing project at MS for a long time now. I saw a program on the project almost two years ago. Nothing fancy about it for that matter as it gets boring easily though it seems interesting at first. Also, there was another arguement then that it will just simply take the life's pleasures out.

GH

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back