question meta-facebook.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Khaled123

Established Member
Impact
I got this domain
meta-facebook.com
is it allowed to resell ,Or not because of trade mark ? If yes how much worth approximately
can I sell to meta company ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Delete the name. Do not register trademarked names.

•••
Delete the name. Do not register trademarked names.
Whoever said that this domain is violating the trademark of Facebook, can they prove it , if it is, then file a complaint with ICANN

•••
You are just asking for trouble with a name like that, I mean its kind of obvious thing not to do on here, people have gotten into a big headache for domain names less obvious, but this ones kind of extreme as far as things not do when buying or selling domain names lol.

•••
You are just asking for trouble with a name like that, I mean its kind of obvious thing not to do on here, people have gotten into a big headache for domain names less obvious, but this ones kind of extreme as far as things not do when buying or selling domain names lol.
:ROFL:

•••
maybe

•••
No, it is not OK to offer for sale such domain. And no, Meta will not buy the domain from you. But they can get it for free via UDRP, and also they can sue your ass, if they want.

•••
Thank you Namepros for this entertainment 🤣🤣🤣

•••
•••
Whoever said that this domain is violating the trademark of Facebook, can they prove it , if it is, then file a complaint with ICANN
And they will. Don’t ask for advice if you don’t want to take it. You are cybersquatting period. I was trying to be nice.

•••
Your using the name "Facebook" in the domain which is an established Trademark that they own..

https://www.facebook.com/brand/resources/facebookcompany/our-trademarks

You open up with "is it allowed to resell ,Or not because of trade mark ?"

This implies you know it's Trademarked.......

You then follow up with "Whoever said that this domain is violating the trademark of Facebook, can they prove it , if it is, then file a complaint with ICANN"

Delete the domain, get a refund and do some more reading.........

Take a look how many cases there have been with Facebook and a Hyphen..........And how many they won......even without the hyphen, you would be screwed though

https://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/search/fulltext_decisions.jsp?tab=1&q=facebook&rows=20

These posts pop up from time to time......just shows you need to do some more reading

Last edited:
•••
I used to had reg. the domain name famefacebook.com
8 years ago or so...

I received a nice letter by the lawyers of this particular company.... :xf.grin:

•••
@Khaled123 Soon as I saw this post, I just knew hell was coming your way from the community lol

Take it behind the barn and shoot it

•••
Just offer it to Facebook right away. I wouldn't ask for less than high XX XXX figure. If they don't reply - insist, send it over and over. Claim that you have exactly what he needs, but of course you won't give it up for cheap.

•••
Just offer it to Facebook right away. I wouldn't ask for less than high XX XXX figure. If they don't reply - insist, send it over and over. Claim that you have exactly what he needs, but of course you won't give it up for cheap.
Facebook (or meta) does not have to pay a penny for this domain.

They will not even negotiate, as this attracts more people to do the same...

It is far more cheap to sue him; afterwards they will get the domain for free.
This way or the other.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks ,respect,I will do this ,But I don't know how to reach them

•••
•••
I used to had reg. the domain name famefacebook.com
8 years ago or so...

I received a nice letter by the lawyers of this particular company.... :xf.grin:
🤣 The worst thing that will happen is the decision to transfer the domain, then I will lose 25 dollars, then Facebook will lose about 3000 dollar fees

•••
🤣 The worst thing that will happen is the decision to transfer the domain, then I will lose 25 dollars, then Facebook will lose about 3000 dollar fees
For such a blatant trademark violation, a court may rule that you pay the legal fees

•••
Thank God that meta isn't a trademark otherwise you'd struggle.

Thanks ,respect,I will do this ,But I don't know how to reach them
Please Khaled, don't. It couldn't be worse advice.

Next you'll be told to secure it in .XYZ for future generations and that .COM is dead and that nobody owns the generic words face and book.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah no real loss. Just public humiliation for you and your name blasted publicly and people being able to use your bad track record against you for further udrps. No big deal whatsoever 🤦‍♂️

•••
@Khaled123 In domaining, like in life, you must use your common sense ... something which you don't seems to have.

Anyway, I have reported this thread to Mods.

Good luck in your domaining journey!

•••
Yeah no real loss. Just public humiliation for you and your name blasted publicly and people being able to use your bad track record against you for further udrps. No big deal whatsoever 🤦‍♂️
I don't Think So , Virtual Name don't mean any thing :sneaky:

•••
Well, brother, there is nothing in the ICCAN laws that obliges the defendant to pay the fees

•••
@Khaled123 In domaining, like in life, you must use your common sense ... something which you don't seems to have.

Anyway, I have reported this thread to Mods.

Good luck in your domaining journey!
:xf.cool:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back