Domain Empire

showcase Merged Reality Domain Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Winfluence

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Not sure where Merged Reality is going and how successful the term will become in the coming years, but it's good to start this thread in case more domain investors dabble in this tech "just in case".

I politely ask that NPers be positive and please direct any debates about the differences between Merged Reality and other "Realities" to another thread. It's now Aug. 2016! Cheers! And please remember to do your own research before investing names in ANY industry.

For more info on what Merged Reality is:

https://iq.intel.com/what-the-tech-12-tech-terms-to-know-now/
https://medium.com/@bkrunner/merged-reality-the-best-of-all-worlds-f6d1480b855d#.ezr9f1sj2
http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/16/12503948/intel-project-allow-vr-headset-cordless-mixed-reality

Below are some videos promoting "Merged Reality" :

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thank you for your answer, as I said: "Can you show me a picture where the device works outside, and not in their ofice? I dont find outside usage image in their promo materials. "

Ok, I checked the (amateur users') outdoor youtube videos, and now I totally undarstand, why Microsoft does not promote the outdoor usage of the hololens:

- In direct sunligt it does not work too well. - you need shaded outdoor area for the normal quality.
- You have to walk around until the system learns the environment and stores it in the memory
- Memory limited by the size of the self-contained device which stores all the environment data
- As you can see the range of the spatial mapping is very small.

We can say, currently the Hololens technology is unsuitable for serious outddor usage.
This is why on the offical promo material you see only indoor usage of the hololens.

Additionally to the Mixed Reality vs Merged Reality:

Mixed reality sounds very techy (for geeks and nerds)
Merged Reality sounds more lifelike - maybe the real endusers (the families) will like it better
For me - as a foreigner - when I say merged, it sounds better, it is more interesting.

The concepts:
Mixed - the elements are mixed, but they will be always separated.
Merged: the elements unite into a single entity. They are not separable

On the concept level - Merged Reality is deeper and better description of this new dimension.
I think this is why Intel's CEO Brian Krzanich used the Merged Reality expression.

Other - hololens development - aspect: A lot of developer use Linux, they will not use hololens.
"Do you think that it would be possible to run GNU/Linux on HoloLens without some hardware hack, in let's say some reasonable time i.e. 1-2 years after the HL enters the market?" NO, withouth hardware hack.

PS: Dear Mods, I would like to join Mads: please move all my posts from here to thread -
Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Can you share some of your merge reality domains? ;)

•••
This promotion reminds me of the lofty demonstrations VR designers would advertise in the 90's.

The expectations of what VR/Merged Reality can do, as displayed in this video, and beyond the scope of what technology today can produce... way beyond.

VR is only now starting to look like the promised VR of the 90's.

We will all have to wait 10-20 years to get anywhere near what that commercial just showed us.

So with 'merged reality' expect to register and hold your DN's until 2035.

Think that was just a promo video (advert) to get the concept out there and people buying into the idea of merged reality.

It was almost like a mini movie, would be surprised if many people believed that is how it will be.

If merged reality is to be a thing it will surface within the next few years and yes it will be nothing like that video :)

It is just a open source concept, that they are going to let other companies use to produce HMD's

The only real thing to take from the promo video imo is that they spent a lot of money to get the concept and term "merged reality" into public awareness.

But yes I do agree, we will have to wait a bit for the VR tech to potentially catch up with consumer expectations.

Last edited:
•••
•••
So basically the 'Mixed Reality Bedroom' video that was posted a few days ago is actually demonstrating 'Merged Reality'?

Its basically a niche inside VR. A new category of Mixed Reality ready devices.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
I don't think you should post "MR" domains here. Too confusing and whats the point of reposting the same old domains you\ve already did in the MR thread.

See you're point

But from the above article I posted two post's up, it's officially quoted "Merged Reality (MR)"

If this is just merged reality longtail I will contribute:

Merged Reality Cinema
Merged Reality Theatre
Merged Reality Trading
Adult Merged Reality

Last edited:
•••
I don't think you should post "MR" domains here. Too confusing and whats the point of reposting the same old domains you\ve already did in the MR thread.

So merged reality is only a long tail? :)

•••
I registered only one Merged Reality domain:

MergedRealityNetwork / .com

Apple has AugmentedRealityNetwork / .com (after Metaio aquision)

Apple purchased Metaio on 2015 and got this domain on 2013 .

if its interesting then they also got

ARengine/AugmentedRealityEngine on 2006 .

MergedRealityEngine is still available for 3,2,1 ...

•••
Apple purchased Metaio on 2015 and got this domain on 2013 .

if its interesting then they also got

ARengine/AugmentedRealityEngine on 2006 .

MergedRealityEngine is still available for 3,2,1 ...

lol no thanks!

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
:) Don't shoot the messenger Elad lol

In all fairness I should have checked the date but I do believe it is a good description that many in this thread might not have seen before.

sorry about that :)

correct .

•••
•••
•••
WhatIsMR

I'm pretty happy with this one. It can be used for MergedReality and/or MixedReality. That's why I left the long tails behind.

Speaking of, WhatIsMergedReality is still available for those still reg'n in this space.

Cheers!

•••
•••

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
RealityShades (.com) [shades for all realities]

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back