NameSilo

showcase Merged Reality Domain Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Winfluence

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Not sure where Merged Reality is going and how successful the term will become in the coming years, but it's good to start this thread in case more domain investors dabble in this tech "just in case".

I politely ask that NPers be positive and please direct any debates about the differences between Merged Reality and other "Realities" to another thread. It's now Aug. 2016! Cheers! And please remember to do your own research before investing names in ANY industry.

For more info on what Merged Reality is:

https://iq.intel.com/what-the-tech-12-tech-terms-to-know-now/
https://medium.com/@bkrunner/merged-reality-the-best-of-all-worlds-f6d1480b855d#.ezr9f1sj2
http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/16/12503948/intel-project-allow-vr-headset-cordless-mixed-reality

Below are some videos promoting "Merged Reality" :

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
The best part with these longtail extensions eg merged reality for example if they do eventually get the market to embrace a universal adoption of it as a market known technology term . It will still be abriveated to mr so really in the long run we will all win on mr.

•••
https://www.thurrott.com/windows/wi...ft-partners-intel-project-evo-improve-pc-2017

Microsoft Partners with Intel on Project Evo to Improve the PC in 2017

“Through Project EVO, we are harnessing our collective innovation to showcase what is uniquely possible with the PC and, together, set the course for the future,” said Intel senior vice president Navin Shenoy, who appeared on stage with Mr. Myerson at WinHEC. “We believe that computing must evolve to become capable of even more unbelievable things, including smarter voice interaction, virtual and merged reality experiences for all, more powerful gaming, strengthened security and identity protection, and true always connected computing.”

•••
•••
•••
Here’s another take on it:-

http://uploadvr.com/project-alloy-merged-reality-q4-2017/

I watched the conference live and as one the comments pointed out in the article above the environment scanning was impressive.

I think expecting to hear more though, like hear Krzanich talk about ‘why’ Merged Reality is a new reality and what makes it so different.

He seemed to talk about it more in his blog afterwards, in how Merged Reality goes beyond Pokémon Go’s AR:-

https://newsroom.intel.com/editorials/virtual-reality-new-worlds-opportunity-travel-work-play/

But yeah would have been great to hear that at the conference more so than his blog as I think that’s the key here to make the term a success, promoting 'why' Merged Reality is a new reality and how it’s VR/AR (MR) all ‘merged’ together to form something completely different.

Last edited:
•••
I see More names are being regged and in this stage its important to mention again for the new guys, do the research first.

•••
Yes definitely.

Only spend what you may be willing to lose on this keyword.

There are some encouraging signs of the way Intel wen't about introducing the keyword but they are trying to create a buzz so a little caution is maybe needed.

Yes I can understand regging if it comes from tons of research and a bit of gambling lol

Thats what i did with mixed reality, lightfield and a few more new gambles...

•••
Merge wont stay imo, not a lot of chances.
Microsoft non MR?

As you know I am pinning my hopes on mixed reality and yes Microsoft do want to be known has a mixed reality headset whilst also branding around their holo theme.

But most of the articles I have read go something along the lines "Merged Reality (also known as mixed reality)"

I think there is a chance that an alternative keyword for mixed reality could end up being merged reality.

Lots of tech journalist's are making this statement. It would not be the first time a particular product/tech had multiple keywords to describe the same thing.

I know you say that Intel's project is not mixed reality but it is a little coincidence that what seems to be the first partnerships they have struck is with Microsoft.

I would not be 100% surprised if mixed reality becomes the keyword of choice and a secondary alternative keyword to describe mixed reality becomes merged reality.

Obviously this is just me trying to make presumptions in my head and in reality there could be zero chance of this happening.

A post from today making the connection is:

http://www.newstatesman.com/science...ed-reality-and-how-will-it-affect-your-future

Most articles I have read have made a similar connection.

Last edited:
•••
The promotional video below is entitled "Intel Introduces Merged Reality" was expensive to make and focuses completely on bringing the concept to the public for recognition. It could mean that they like to throw their money around or it could mean that they're prepared to be well invested in "merged reality" as their core technology in this field. So I could be silly to believe that they would change their mind and use another terminology, but no one has a crystal ball.

No I do believe that Intel fully intends to make merged reality a keyword.

They want to differentiate the tech as a step beyond vr in the same way that magic leap and Microsoft want to.

Everything essentially could be classed as a type of VR but these companies want to use emerging technologies keywords to set themselves apart from competition.

Intel had the option to class themselves as VR, could have probably got away with classing themselves as a type of mixed reality.

But they chose to use the term merged reality in their speech, promotional videos etc etc

They fully intend on trying to establish this keyword to the public and tech world which they have partly done imo.

•••
1. Providing an ability to walk around in a space without worrying about bumping into tables and walls, because a Merged reality headset would either incorporate real world elements into the virtual world in real time, or recreate them in real time, with the use of senors and cameras built into the headset."

Additionally the wireless headset is a very important part of the Merged Reality

"Essentially it's a completely wireless VR headset with some additional mixed reality features such as real world object recognition and offering the ability to see your own hands and fingers while in VR."

I think, in the (not too far) future - when the giants as Intel, Google and Microsoft creates the technical infrastructure, databases and network - you will be able to go outside and walk in your city with your Merged Reality headset, and you will be able to live a totally different life (if you want).

Otherwise Merged Reality quietly arrived:

"Unfortunately, doing so means you're not keeping your eyes on the road, which has already led to a few accidents. But what if you could somehow play Pokémon Go while also paying attention to the world around you? That's exactly what Recon has attempted to do by porting the popular game over to the Jet, a pair of Android-based smart glasses the company released last year."

I can not insert the link - but You can read here the full story:

engadget/com
Smart glasses make hands-free 'Pokémon Go' a reality

VR/MR/AR - They were the forerunners

•••
The promotional video below is entitled "Intel Introduces Merged Reality" was expensive to make and focuses completely on bringing the concept to the public for recognition. It could mean that they like to throw their money around or it could mean that they're prepared to be well invested in "merged reality" as their core technology in this field. So I could be silly to believe that they would change their mind and use another terminology, but no one has a crystal ball.

This promotion reminds me of the lofty demonstrations VR designers would advertise in the 90's.

The expectations of what VR/Merged Reality can do, as displayed in this video, and beyond the scope of what technology today can produce... way beyond.

VR is only now starting to look like the promised VR of the 90's.

We will all have to wait 10-20 years to get anywhere near what that commercial just showed us.

So with 'merged reality' expect to register and hold your DN's until 2035.

•••
•••
Lots more articles hitting the web, a few little encouraging views from those:

1) While virtual reality has gone mainstream, merged reality needs the right software and hardware; and Intel is collaborating with technology companies to make that possible. One of the companies Intel is working with is Microsoft, which will release an update to Windows 10 next year that will bring Holographic shell to PCs. It brings 2D and 3D together and makes multi-tasking with merged reality possible, said Terry Myerson, Microsoft Executive Vice President at the event.

http://m.thehindu.com/business/Indu...-with-project-alloy-device/article9008432.ece

2) Merged vs. Mixed Reality

Let’s contrast Mixed Reality and Merged Reality and talk about why Intel’s Merged Reality effort could be a better solution for keeping our butts out of airplane seats.

http://mobile.itbusinessedge.com/blogs/unfiltered-opinion/microsoft-vs.-intel-and-teleportation.html

Last edited:
•••
I don’t think I’m going to get involved with ‘Merged Reality’ too much, but there seems to be a fair few on here who believe in its potential.

One things for sure, if the tech becomes a thing, NamePov and other early registrars of the best keywords will get wealthy out of it, good luck to you :$:B-)

•••
So basically the 'Mixed Reality Bedroom' video that was posted a few days ago is actually demonstrating 'Merged Reality'?

•••
Let's keep the subject on Merged Reality....if you don't mind.

•••
nice :)

oh well , its intended for Mixed Reality but i can post some in here as well lol

MRstories
MRhaptics
MRcameras
ToysMR
FitnessMR
ExperienceMR

cheers!

That's the spirit naysayer ;) lol

Obviously great collection.

•••
That's the spirit naysayer ;) lol

Obviously great collection.

at least until ill find some interesting movement ..

i can truly say that its nice i (and you and some others ) dont need to worry about merged reality domains lol with MR.

•••
•••
I think it's a good idea to keep this thread clear. Because what is the point of having a separate thread if we're showcasing "MR" domains here? Lets keep it 100% "Merged" Reality.

•••
I registered only one Merged Reality domain:

MergedRealityNetwork / .com

Apple has AugmentedRealityNetwork / .com (after Metaio aquision)

•••
Been waiting for a £1 offer so that I can do a few more domains in the merged reality field. That way I can give it a year and drop if nothing comes of the term:

Added most of these for £1 (ish) each:

Merged Reality Films
Merged Reality TV
Merged Reality Music
Merged Reality Mobile
Merged Reality Events
Merged Reality Education
Smart Merged Reality
Merged Reality Lab
Merged Reality Media
Merged Reality Arcade
Merged Reality Bet
Merged Reality Training
Merged Reality Room
Merged Reality FX
Social Merged Reality
Merged Reality Market

•••
Thanks to @orion for providing this in another thread.

Intel officially defined the terminology of Merged Reality.

Intel_VR-Infographic-081216-D.jpg

https://iq.intel.com/what-the-tech-12-tech-terms-to-know-now/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back