Domain Empire

MediaTemple - thumbs up or thumbs down

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have been searching far and wide for an affordable host that can survive the digg effect. It seems so hard to find one. MediaTemple seems to be the best bet because a lot of big names are hosted with them like Mashable.com and Slashfilm.com. However I have been reading that their service has really gone down hill.

What are your opinions on them. I was thinking about mosso but $100 a month is just WAY too much right now. $20 is very reasonable.

Thanks for any reviews,

Andrew

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
30,000 visits in a few hours shouldnt be enough to put the server in DoS mode. Im betting if you only get one digg plug you could go under the radar. But if you continuously get that amount of traffic some flags would go up

•••
AndrewG said:
Well I hit the front page of digg yesterday and media temple seemed like it held up well.

Thanks for keeping us updated, glad to hear your site stayed up :)

•••
•••
garpiya said:
Are there any discounts on them?

No, however I can get you a 15% discount at any plans/licenses/upgrades over at Nocster.com. We are a reseller through them.

Give me a shout if you're interested!

•••
-NC- said:
Not quite the same as far as I can see:
- simplehelix: $9.95 1 domain, $19.95 10 domains
- mediatemple: $20 100 domains

So if you have more than 1 site to host, mediatemple seems like a better deal.

But you can get 50% discount on simplehelix.com deals using their coupon halfoff.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back