Dynadot

McAfee has blacklisted one of my domains. I can confirm Efty nameservers are safe and secure to use.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

peace800

Established Member
Impact
Just got an email from Godaddy security that my domains hosted using ns1.eftydns.com and ns2.eftydns.com have been blacklisted by McAfee. Basically the nameservers are blacklisted.

They have also said they will not be accessible on the opera network either.

This explains why google analytics shows a dramatic decrease in visitors over the last few weeks.

Needless to say I will never use efty again.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
These domains were not using the ssl https secure server so I don't know if that's got anything to do with it. The option to redirect domains to the secure ssl efty market place never worked either despite the options.

Anyway efty is too much of a risk now I'm going to try Uniregistry.

Can anyone recommend any other secure for sale landing pages?

•••
I guess you can checkout Undeveloped or even Namesilo marketplace (the have landing/parking pages with sale/lease options)

•••
•••
Just got an email from Godaddy security that my domains hosted using ns1.eftydns.com and ns2.eftydns.com have been blacklisted by McAfee. Basically the nameservers are blacklisted.

They have also said they will not be accessible on the opera network either.

This explains why google analytics shows a dramatic decrease in visitors over the last few weeks.

Needless to say I will never use efty again.

The issue might be with the domain(s) itself. The domain might have been used for spam or phishing in the past for example. Otherwise every Efty user with domains at GoDaddy (that includes myself) should have received such an email which hasnt been the case.

Can you forward the email to doron(at)efty.com pls so that I can have a look?

Last edited:
•••
Guys the issue is resolved and I can confirm that it only affected one domain and not efty nameservers. I initially got worried but I can now confirm efty is safe to use and I'm sticking with efty myself now.

•••
I knew something was off because I can google my Efty sites no problem

•••
I got one of those emails for the first time as well today:

"During a routine security audit of our network, we found that privatecamz.com (hosted via ns2.voodoo.com,ns1.voodoo.com) was blacklisted by McAfee. This audit was performed by the GoDaddy Security Unit to ensure the integrity and trust of the network."

When I go to the details page in the email, voodoo isn't listed anywhere:

https://www.mcafee.com/threat-intelligence/site/default.aspx?url=privatecamz.com

So, it's about the domain.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back