Massive renewal fee increases

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jimmy.com

Established Member
Impact
upload_2017-7-27_11-6-27.png

Received this email from enom today.

Not so good news if you own one of these for investment purposes. Not even good news for actual businesses owning and using one of these.
It's like your property tax suddenly increasing by 600%

But hopefully if registry's continue in this direction then people will start avoiding some of these gltds altogether and run back to the good old .com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Martin Skrelli raised the price of a rare HIV medication from $13.50 a tablet to $750 (5000% increase)

Overnight.

That's what this reminds me of. Haven't seen price increases this dramatic in a while. Domains included

$15 to $400? :banghead:

Last edited:
•••
They are killing all the new extensions. It’s a waste of time and money.

•••
But there is an joke application for Juegos!

Pitch: Hurry, this is a limited time offer and expires in 30+ days, get in on this rare opportunity before the price increase:

Whateveregistry . Juegos
SnakeOil . Juegos
ShillBidderCaught . Juegos
InsiderTradingBrandMarketplace . Juegos
XYZ88centJokes . Juegos
ExpiredFakeAuctions . Juegos
CoverUpOfShillBiddersNames . Juegos
NGtld . Juegos
NotCom . Juegos
1200NewExtensionsNobodyWants . Juegos
FakeAppraisalEmailScam . Juegos
NoMore . Juegos

Lol. But seriously...

NameProsMembersAreTheBest . Com

•••
Personally, I think the best move would have been to charge like 8-9 dollars a year, for any of them. Just as .com.

With that said, Schilling is a much more successful businessman than me. Maybe he know what he is doing after all. Time will tell.

I agree that the new gTLD market would work much better if rather than offering super low initial prices and large renewal, they offered constant rates, with perhaps modest sale prices every now and then. The current system encourages widespread buying and then letting lapse.

•••
Is this the result of inflation, or do people like this create the inflation?

I guess it's a bit of both.

•••
One more of the stupid things that go on in the domaining scam. The more I learn, the worse it gets. I thought this would be a fun hobby, but with increasing costs, crazy registrar rules and so much nonsense, it's just not worth the hassle.

I can make more $ XXXX hustling pool and golf and have more fun.

M

Ps - I guess I'll get flamed now....oh well.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back