Dynadot

Massive problem with my locked domain name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Gerryhereandnow

Established Member
Impact
I've having massive problems with a domain registering company.

I've had a domain name with them for four years but this June when I tried to renew the domain I found that their website did not have a checkout to pay through Paypal or credit card. Instead you're asked to 'add funds' but the link they give is dead.

So I sent a support ticket and complained. They said they were experiencing problems and that my domain would be renewed and I could pay them later. I agreed to this. However several days later the domain lost its place on the Internet. In effect it disappeared. I complained and after ten days they put my domain back up.

Now my hosting with 12 month hosting with the company is coming to an end. In one day. I tried to renew that and yet still this company does not have a checkout.

They have also locked my domain name so I cannot change the dns and move my hosting elsewhere. I have sent numerous emails and support tickets asking for help but after a week I have had no replies.

I contacted ICANN who said they could not help.

I run a business and cannot afford to lose this domain. Any help appreciated. Thanks. :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Damn it seems like you're screw! Try calling again.

If you get it resolved, definitely leave them.

No proper registrar has a warning message like that.

•••
Lucid, as I said, I'd leave them at the drop of a hat. But they seem intent on running my business into the ground.

I will lose thousands of dollars if the domain hosting goes tomorrow.

•••
If you tried calling in the morning UK time and they are in the US, they might have not been open yet.

Make sure you're calling in their opening hours.

Good luck.

•••
@Gerryhereandnow - it looks to me like your domain name is registered until June 21, 2017, so you don't have to panic and try and do a transfer of the domain name right now.

If they are having trouble accepting payment, they might have a problem with their payment gateway setup, in which case they could have you directly pay by PayPal and they could manually execute the order, so since they are not replying, something is not right, plus that is kinda risky, although you would have PayPal protection if they didn't complete your order.

You should contact support at ResellerClub directly since lowestpricedomain is not responding, that would likely be the best chance to get something done before the hosting expires
https://support.resellerclub.com/helpdesk/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
Set the priority high, they are sometimes slow

They have US phone numbers as well http://www.resellerclub.com/contact-us#ChatWithUs
Area Code 415 is US Pacific which is UTC -7

Is the number you called the same as the numbers above? Or did you have an actual number for them (LPD)?

(I have a reseller account at ResellerClub, I only use it for my own registrations)

•••
User, I do have cause for worry because the web hosting expires tomorrow and I cannot change the hosting or renew the hosting or change the dns settings. And their website does lot allow me to pay.

I am in the UK so calling costs are high. Thanks. :)

•••
User, I do have cause for worry because the web hosting expires tomorrow and I cannot change the hosting or renew the hosting or change the dns settings. And their website does lot allow me to pay.

I am in the UK so calling costs are high. Thanks. :)

can u do a push to another user?

•••
@Gerryhereandnow
Contact PARENT company ResellerClub support ASAP - focus on what you CAN do

Sorry, you misunderstood, I only meant put aside the domain transfer for the moment. It will be bad if you lose hosting, but you will not lose your domain also right now.

@alcy if the domain is locked it won't allow push AFAIK

•••
@Gerryhereandnow
Contact PARENT company ResellerClub support ASAP - focus on what you CAN do

Sorry, you misunderstood, I only meant put aside the domain transfer for the moment. It will be bad if you lose hosting, but you will not lose your domain also right now.

@alcy if the domain is locked it won't allow push AFAIK

you can reg a domain today anywhre.. thus putting it in auto 60 day lock.. and yet while in this lock it can be pushed.

same for transfer.. I transfer my domain from reg1 to reg2.. it becomes locked 60 days.. canomt transfer out.. but can push

•••
I will follow all your suggestions, thanks to everyone. :)

•••
•••
And thanks again. :) You all sound really helpful. Great guys. :)

•••
•••
I would strongly recommend filing a transfer complaint with ICANN. This will compel the actual supporting registrar to resolve the issue, as, per ICANN rules, Registrars are responsible for their resellers complying with ICANN rules. One such rule is the ability for Registrants to be able to unlock their domains. Filing the complaint directly with ICANN will circumvent the reseller and force the actual registrar to provide assistance. See the link below:

https://forms.icann.org/en/resources/compliance/complaints/transfer/form

•••
please explain why the pay now button does not work - what does it show ?

the reason i am asking is - i noticed that sometimes different paypal account types don't work - for example :

i wanted to pay for an app a couple of days ago and the link did not work - come to find out the other person could only get money from personal paypal accounts and not from business accounts - i know it is very strange and i use paypal for over 15 years and never noticed that before - but after the parson send me a money request i was able to pay ( btw i even tried different browsers and the link was still broke .

if you have a business paypal account : i think i have a solution : find a friend or someone you really really trust that has a personal paypal account and not a business account and when you get on the screen where it shows your paypal email and password - change it to your friends ( or wife's or whoevers ) and then click submit . - i really think that should work .

let me know .

•••
Even if the payment buttons worked and @Gerryhereandnow could make a payment, it appears LPD has Manual Approval on executing orders so it won't matter.

If you read the Terms posted by @LucidDomains on the previous page, you agree to PRE deposit all funding then execute the orders yourself.
https://www.namepros.com/posts/5631732/

HOWEVER, LPD has to accept that payment, deduct costs and then manually apply the funding to the customers pre-paid account, and they said that can take up to 72 hours

The registrant of LowestPriceDomains is in BRAZIL, even though they have a US phone number (not the same as the 415 ResellerClub phone numbers)

If the reseller LowestPriceDomains is not responding to emails, the only intervention that could possibly work is contacting ResellerClub, which is what I hope Gerry is off doing now : smile :

The LOCK is a Reseller-Enabled Lock
http://manage.resellerclub.com/kb/servlet/KBServlet/faq457.html#lock-unlock
Apart from enabling Theft protection for a domain name, you may also place a Lock on it. Applying a Lock on any domain name, has the following effects:
When you place a Lock on a domain name, all actions available for domain names may still be performed by only you or ResellerClub.
It is advised that you Lock a domain name only in case of some payment-related issue with your Customer or if the domain name is for your own use. In all other cases enabling Theft Protection would suffice.

•••
NameSilo. I did that and ICANN said they couldn't help me. Got the email this morning from them.

Also, regarding the payment methods, about having funds in the account first. This is a new policy introduced in the past few months. For the domain renewal in June 2015, I paid through Paypal and I paid that way also with the hosting.

If even if I could add funds, I can't. There is no way to do it. All links are dead.

•••
Wolfis, there is no way to pay through Paypal. The 'button' doesn't work because there is no button. There is no 'basket'. No checkout.

Just 'add funds' but the link is dead.

•••
Email from ICANN:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for submitting a Transfer complaint concerning your domain name. ICANN has reviewed and closed your complaint because:

- Your complaint falls outside of the scope of the Registrar Accreditation Agreement and the Consensus Policies because the company mentioned in your complaint is not an ICANN-accredited registrar. ICANN does not have contractual authority to address complaints about the performance of these providers. You may address your issues with the registrar with which your domain name was actually registered

- ICANN does not have contractual authority to address any customer-service related matters that fall outside of the Registrar Accreditation Agreement (RAA). Complaints about a registrar's performance that cannot be resolved.

ICANN considers this matter now closed.

Please do not reply to this email (replies to closed complaints are not monitored by ICANN staff).

Sincerely,

ICANN Contractual Compliance

•••
Wolfis, there is no way to pay through Paypal. The 'button' doesn't work because there is no button. There is no 'basket'. No checkout.

Just 'add funds' but the link is dead.
Just thinking out loud here, but try logging in to your account using a different browser.

•••
Just sent a ticket to The Resellers Club. Hope that's right. D-:

•••
•••
If you hosting only expire, why you are bothering?. Just add content to another hosting and change DNs in your domain to new server. I hope you can change your DNS info. If that feature also locked ,check the page source and get the link for domain name server page and try to change it. This screen lock don't hide the source code

•••
By the time resellerclub responds, do make a backup of your website as your hosting ends shortly.

•••
If you hosting only expire, why you are bothering?. Just add content to another hosting and change DNs in your domain to new server. I hope you can change your DNS info. If that feature also locked ,check the page source and get the link for domain name server page and try to change it. This screen lock don't hide the source code

Prem,

I would change dns if I could but it's locked. The link for the domain server page is also locked.

•••
By the time resellerclub responds, do make a backup of your website as your hosting ends shortly.

Yeah I always back up. Cheers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back