Dynadot

Massive problem with my locked domain name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Gerryhereandnow

Established Member
Impact
I've having massive problems with a domain registering company.

I've had a domain name with them for four years but this June when I tried to renew the domain I found that their website did not have a checkout to pay through Paypal or credit card. Instead you're asked to 'add funds' but the link they give is dead.

So I sent a support ticket and complained. They said they were experiencing problems and that my domain would be renewed and I could pay them later. I agreed to this. However several days later the domain lost its place on the Internet. In effect it disappeared. I complained and after ten days they put my domain back up.

Now my hosting with 12 month hosting with the company is coming to an end. In one day. I tried to renew that and yet still this company does not have a checkout.

They have also locked my domain name so I cannot change the dns and move my hosting elsewhere. I have sent numerous emails and support tickets asking for help but after a week I have had no replies.

I contacted ICANN who said they could not help.

I run a business and cannot afford to lose this domain. Any help appreciated. Thanks. :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry abt your problem.

Please tell us the registrar name.

Please post this thread to their support.

Things would be sorted.

•••
Transfer your domain/hosting out to a reputable registrar.

•••
LowestPricedDomain. I hope this can get sorted. It's very depressing. Especially when I have tried to do everything right.

Thanks. :)

•••
@lucid. I cannot transfer the domain. It's locked and I need a code but the company are not replying.

•••
LowestPricedDomain doesn't exist.

You may have tried to do everything right but you haven't. Do not go with unheard of registrars.

Just my opinion.

•••
Please give the URL (web address) of the registrar.

Thanks

•••
lowestpricedomain.....dot com

I did it like that because it says I cannot post links. :)

•••
@lucid. I cannot transfer the domain. It's locked and I need a code but the company are not replying.
If they're in your locally, try to go directly at them and ask for help.

•••
LowestPricedDomain doesn't exist.

You may have tried to do everything right but you haven't. Do not go with unheard of registrars.

Just my opinion.

Like I say I registered the domain 4 years ago. LPD has been all right up until this year. The most annoying thing about them is that they ask me to pay but there is NO CHECKOUT or payment system. Very annoying.

•••
Got it. You had a spelling mistake before.

Just because their domain says "lowest price domain" doesn't mean they offer the lowest prices. :lookaround:

It's not the most expensive, but it's not the cheapest.

I've personally never heard of them and I would never use a random registrar with my business.

However, any decent registrar will lock domains by default to prevent them being stolen so do not panic if it's locked. It's actually a good thing. The issue is whether they will unlock the domain for you on request or via an option in your account.

Only unlock the domain if you want to transfer it out to another more reputable registrar which is up to you.

•••
If they're in your locally, try to go directly at them and ask for help.

Sorry, they're thousands of miles away. I'm in the UK, they're in the States. I tried ringing their phone number as a last resort, but I was hanging on the line for 30 minutes and my phone bill soared. And I didn't even get to speak to anyone. ICANN are hopeless. :(

•••
Lucid, but my hosting with them is set to expire in a day. Which means my website will go down. The company has no checkout. No way to pay. I don't think having it locked is a good thing. Least if it was unlocked I could change the dns and use hosting elsewhere. Least that would keep my website alive.

But the company are not responding to support tickets and emails.

•••
If you are not getting the support you require from the company, I would transfer the domain/hosting out.

But if you want to stay with them, do as @DNGear suggested and give them a link to this thread.

Hopefully they will get their finger out and sort your issues.

•••
To Our Customers:

We are giving you notice of important Terms and Conditions of using LowestPriceDomain.com:
When you use our services you agree to our
User Agreement and our Terms and Conditions of Use, which tells you that you MUST request a refund by e-mail if you want your money held in your account with us back, (remember that there are NO REFUNDS for completed domain registrations, renewals or transfers), and we will send you your money back via PayPal. You agree to NOT do a credit card chargeback in any dispute, and you agree NOT to make a paypal dispute or complaint against us, but rather you agree to request a refund from us by email to [email protected] and wait for the refund. That same User Agreement and Terms and Conditions of Use also tell you that we will charge you $35.00 + 5% of the transaction amount for all credit card chargebacks.

Remember that the only way to use our sevices is to prepay a certain amount - whatever you think you will use before your next prepayment - by credit card. We credit you the net amount of your charge, less the fees that our merchant provider (currently PayPal) charges us to accept your payment, in your customer or reseller account with us. You must then debit your account directly for all orders and execute them yourself immediately. This is the only way to use our services - having funds in your account that you can debit immediately to pay for and execute orders. Because of credit card fraud, we manually verify credit card transactions and thus when you add funds to your account, it may take up to 24 - 72 hours for the funds to be posted to your account, especially if you are a new customer. All new customers are required to scan the front and back of their credit card and photo identification (Passport or national identity card or drivers license) and email the scan to [email protected] so we can prevent credit card fraud. Please help us keep our prices low by making a smaller number of large dollar amount add funds transactions, rather than a separate add funds credit card transaction for each domain purchase. We are charged between $0.69 and $0.99 for each $9.95 charge - a cost that now you will have to bear.

PLEASE REMEMBER that our system uses a 2 step process: 1) you place an order, and 2) you pay for and execute that order. If you do not have funds in your account which you can debit immediately when placing the domain registration, renewal or transfer order, the ORDER is not completed, and you must wait until funds added to your account are manually credited to your account, and then you must go back into your account and pay for the orders. This is why it is always a good idea to have $10 or $20 in your account with us, so you can pay for and execute orders immediately after placing them.

If you add funds to your account with PayPal, Visa, Master Card, AMEX, or DinersClub, we have to pass along the cost of using PayPal or a credit card to add funds to your account to you. This is normally about 3.5 % of the transaction amount plus $0.30 per transaction if your credit card account is based in the USA, and can range from 2.9% to 4.9% of the transaction amount plus $0.30 per transaction for accounts based in other countries.

•••
So my recommendation is to run a mile and don't look back.

Go into your account options and look for a "domain unlock" link/button and then instigate a transfer to another registrar. Then buy hosting with another company.

•••
Go with GoDaddy for your domain/hosting needs. Not the best or the cheapest, but one of the most popular.

•••
LowestPriceDomain.com are a reseller of Resellerclub.com.
The last option is to contact with ResellerClub with the reseller id of LowestPriceDomain.com.
Did they give access to the domain control panel with the url http://lowestpricedomain.supersite2.myorderbox.com/
If yes, there will be an option to unlock the domain yourself and get the epp code to transfer yourself.
After logging in to the supersite, go to My Account (on the top right bar) >> Manage Orders >> List/Search Orders >> yourdomain >> Theft protection >> Disable >> Update Theft protection status. This will unlock the domain. Now proceed to Domain Secret and retrieve your epp code to transfer out.
If you do not have access to supersite, ask them to provide you immediately or contact resellerclub with your customer id.

•••
As I say I would unlock the domain, transfer, it or change the dns settings in a second but all my options are locked in my account.

I have to reiterate, the domain is locked. All controls locked. Cannot transfer.

Also cannot transfer funds. No links work. :(

It really does look like I am gonna lose my business here. :(

•••
Please post a screenshot of the "locked" features so we can understand what you mean.

Ensure any confidential information is blacked out.

•••
I've sent a complaint to PDR LTD. D/B/A PUBLICDOMAINREGISTRY. :)

•••
@Lucid

I'm told I can't add links or links to image hosting sites.

•••
Have you tried the insert image in the text editor?

Or try and amend the link so its not a link.

•••
Make a backup of your site NOW, before your hosting expires too!

You can save a screenshot locally and upload as an attachment.

•••
Yeah I've done that Enly. :)

Lucid, pic is located at tinypic and then forward slash - view.php?pic=6yk2o5&s=9#.V4zFMNIrKM8

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back