Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Hydrick

Top Member
Impact
Logo Contest
Domain: BrandDeputy .com
Prizes: 1st: $50, 2nd: $10
$10 bonus + 3 month referral in my Signature IF the logo exceeds my expectations.
I will need exclusive rights to the logo.

EndDate: 7 Days or as soon as a designer submits the winning design. In interest in saving everybody's time, I would like to select a winner within 96 hours, and work directly with the winning designer if a touchup is needed. I'm not afraid to closing this thread early if I find what I'm looking for. A 12 hour notice will be given so anybody still working on a design will have a chance to submit for consideration.

Requirements:

Google Mascot Logo for an idea. I want the text on the bottom, and the mascot over top.

Google Deputy Cartoon for an idea. He needs to be authoritative like a law man, but friendly like a deputy. Think about the difference between Barney Fife (deputy) and Andy Griffith (sheriff) :D He can be a friendly animal like a cute dog you would want to pet (other animals OK) or just a happy friendly welcoming deputy that makes you feel safe, not scared.. I only need the upper half of a mascot. The text banner will start at his waist. If you specialize in friendly faces, I'm not opposed to just a deputy face and a banner. A .com could be in the holster if you get clever but absolutely no guns. MAYBE a thumbs up or A-OK sign. Just have fun with it!

Text Banner: I played around and came up with something like this as an example. Please make it country western similar. Banner is just a general idea. Open to others as I came up with this with no design background.
BrandDeputy.PNG

I will need it sized to fit profile pictures. Such as a NamePros Avatar, Gmail, Facebook, and Twitter.
Sized to business card a bonus, but not required.

Good luck to all!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Mt try(black and white version)

Attachments

• branddeputy1.png
    branddeputy1.png
    10 KB · Views: 36
•••
Mt try(black and white version)

Thank you for the opening design.

I'm looking for a less edgier feel. The grin is a little decieving. He should have a BIG SMILE.

Crossing your arms can be seen as stubborn and closed minded. I want the opposite. His arms should be inviting. Perhaps tipping his cowboy hate as cowboys do in customary greetings. Or, a thumbs up.

The font should be more country western. A badge in the name somehwere is preferred (not required) Based on your design skills and what you feel looks the best within your ability.

It needs to be approachable. The best way to put it is kid friendly. Toy Story set the bar when it came to making characters like woody and buzz kid friendly.

First, and foremost, I'm looking for a Brand Deputy. The Deputy/Sheriff/Police/Cop appearence needs to be more apparent. I don't want an enduser thinking Brand + Animal over Brand + Deputy. I don't have a preference whether it is Brand + Deputy + Human or Brand + Deputy + Animal. That is up to you designers and what you could design best for this particular project.

Keep the submissions coming!

•••
•••

Nice first attempt.

I like the hat, and the lettering.

He's not goofy / cartoony (too pointed) enough for my liking..
supertroopers-ft.jpg

If you know who these guys are, try to embody their personality.

Chief_Wiggum.png

Animated cop who is hungry for donuts, not power.
toy-story-woody-clipart-1.jpg

The cowboy hat tip

Last edited:
•••
Thank you CH for the feedback, appreciate it. here Ive attached my 2nd attempt for the BrandDeputy

branddeputy2.png

Last edited:
•••
i'm in,will submit mine soon.

•••
Count me in. I will post my entry soon.

•••
Ive attached my 2nd attempt

Thank you for submitting a 2nd attempt!

That might be a little too kid friendly. He looks like a boy scout. I like your first design more. When I say kid friendly, I mean not mainly mean scary, rather than focusing on making it appealing to kids.

I want him to be welcoming to all. Both liberal hippies and republicans should feel comfortable approaching the deputy for help. He still needs to look competent, like life as a law man has taken a toll, not the nervous rookie.

i'm in,will submit mine soon.

Count me in. I will post my entry soon.

Looking forward to it!

The contest ends this Friday.

I still haven't found what I'm looking for. Keep the submissions coming!

Last edited:
•••
Still alot to be done, hope I am going in the right direction.

deputy-sheriff-1.jpg

Feedback appreciated.

•••
Feedback appreciated.

This is my favorite one yet.

Something about him looks a little shady. Like he's holding in a poop. I can't quit tell if it's that, or something else. Definitely the right direction with he clothing and layout.

Can you make him look more comfortable. I want people to smile when they see him. I know it's hard to go for goofy and professional at the same time, but the point is to show him having a good time.

Also, can you add a badge on his left breast.

Use this Jesus for inspiration.

latest

I'm looking forward to seeing the revised look.

Thanks!

•••
A 12 hour notice will be given so anybody still working on a design will have a chance to submit for consideration.

Please submit your final designs to be considered.

I will be closing the competition in 12 hours.

I understand a lot of time goes into some of these logos, and in the interest of saving everybodys time, I am prepared to crown @daraptor the victor. I really enjoy his design, and feel his style best suites my need for this particular project.

Because I am closing early, I am adding a 2nd, 2nd place prize of $10 for the 2 best 2nd place finishers.

@daraptor
@faizatms
@Dominium
@irah
Any other designers still working

•••

That might be a little too kid friendly. He looks like a boy scout. I like your first design more. When I say kid friendly, I mean not mainly mean scary, rather than focusing on making it appealing to kids.

I want him to be welcoming to all. Both liberal hippies and republicans should feel comfortable approaching the deputy for help. He still needs to look competent, like life as a law man has taken a toll, not the nervous rookie.

Looking forward to it!

Im still working on a new/revised. Hopefully it will finish before the dateline

•••

Looking forward to it!

My 3rd Attempt...
branddeputy3.png

•••
•••
I decided to close this contest early because I found @daraptor 's artistic style to be what I'm looking for. Even though it's only a sketch, I can tell it's the direction I want to go. In the interest of saving everybody's time, I will work with him to finalize the design.

1st Place:
@daraptor

2nd Place winners will receive a $10 prize each.
@faizatms
@Dominium

I appreciate the time everybody took to submit a design.

Thanks,
Gj

•••
I decided to close this contest early because I found @daraptor 's artistic style to be what I'm looking for. Even though it's only a sketch, I can tell it's the direction I want to go. In the interest of saving everybody's time, I will work with him to finalize the design.

1st Place:
@daraptor

2nd Place winners will receive a $10 prize each.
@faizatms
@Dominium

I appreciate the time everybody took to submit a design.

Thanks,
Gj
Thanks CH and congratulation to the winner

•••
Thank you for selecting me as the winner, I will post the final version here after it has been approved by CH.

Regards

daraptor

•••
Payment Received. File Sent. Thank You CH

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back