Dynadot

Selling Marketplace for nTLD announcing its release soon

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're delighted to announce that we're releasing marketplace for nGTLD soon.

Let's not waste any more time and jump straight into the introduction.

What's the project?

nTLD.club is going to be a marketplace for people to buy and sell new top-level domains easily.

Why another domain marketplace?

There are several domain name marketplaces out there already, but there are several major issues with them:

• Either too niched or too wide: Every single one of those marketplaces targets either the market as a whole or just a specific .com/.io/.co niche. Domains with new top-level extensions are being buried or not even marketed.
  • High transaction fees 😧: Fees are ranging from 10℅ to 30℅ excluding payment processing fees, which ultimately go up to 35℅ for a single transaction, even with minimal involvement from the marketplaces' side.
  • Ugly 🤮 - They put zero effort into providing landing page responsiveness, allowing customization, let alone user browsing experience.
  • Human dependent (no automation) 👩‍💻- To maximize their cut, they've put zero effort into automating the negotiation and transfer process so they could maximize their profits.
  • Payout to seller takes up to 30 days for some 💸- That's a lot. People are making a living off of selling them. And payments should be completed ASAP. Automated if possible.

And I'm building nTLD.club to solve all those problems above:

• nTLDs exclusively: No gTLDs, no ccTLDs. Only new top-level domains.
  • 5% success fee: Let's set the bars higher for other markets. There will be no rate tiers, no exclusive deals, none. Five percent for each seller, plus payment processing fees.
  • Beautiful landing pages: Choose a wide variety of pre-designed templates for your landing page, or simply create your own, using a page builder (super easy)👏
  • Fully automated: From initiating domain purchase, transferring the domain to a buyer, to sending money to your bank. We're going to build fully automated processes for each part of our marketplace, and for the sole reason to minimize the seller fees.
  • And payments automated too - There's no point in holding your money when we already could utilize various security measures to identify transaction risk and automatically send you the money. Whether it Paypal, credit cards (Stripe), bank transfers (Wise), your money should be on your way the moment the buyer closes the transaction.
PLUS

Time is of the essence, so we're going to help you, the domainer, to contact, follow up and talk with leads quickly and effectively.

Live-chat on your landing pages: We're going to integrate Tawk. and enable you to talk directly with leads on your domains!

CRM: You need to have a customer base. We'll be offering you a simple solution to identify, track and communicate with your customers effectively.

Do you have an idea? Mail me at [email protected] and let's discuss the possibility of adding new features to make your domaining experience more awesome!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Support. Very excited and look forward to the release of your marketplace.

•••
I don't want to be a downer, but you can take what you want from the following math.

In the last (2) years according to NameBio.com there has been total reported domain sales of $318M.

ccTLD make up $32M of that number, or around 10%.
nTLD make up $8.4M of that number, or around 2.6%.

Even if you captured 50% (which seems unlikely) of the nTLD reported sales market, that would be around $4M in total sales. With a 5% commission that would put the total income at $200,000.

I hope it works, but are you sure this is a viable business model?

I think some of the larger players have higher commissions because they need them to be viable when you factor in the very slow sell-through rate of domains and costs associated with those sales like staff, offices, etc.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Thank you for support @Henry Y 👃

@bmugford - No worries Brad, I understand your point exactly.

As for the market research, we did investigate it thoroughly, and you're on point, but there's a flipside in this: Although it's gonna be the business formation of itself, we do not consider this as a money-maker. Both co-founders (my partner and me) are hobby domainers ourselves, and looking at the current market's offering - we're disappointed.

Almost every single marketplace (except @DAN.COM) invests zero effort in providing domainers a way to market their domains how they want.

Let's look at the biggest player: landing pages are either from the 2000s, or they're redirecting your domains straight to their landing page, which eventually forces you to pay them a hefty fee under "domain broker" justification.

Second, fees are high for nTLDs. The average selling price for complete nTLDs is $374. Taking between 20 and 30 percent off of that cut is someone's weekly wage in undeveloped countries.

We're on a mission to take domain buying and selling experience off of marketplaces' ownership approach and hand keys to the domain owners themselves, and help them make that domain USP stand out.

I could go on on this topic itself, but bottom line is, being a small team, working on break-even, or profit negative is something we're prepared for the next 7 years.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I hope it works out as competition is welcome.

I think many of the lander options used by major players are lackluster.

With Afternic for instance, you are paying more for their market share and distribution network than anything else. GoDaddy has as many registrations as the next 10 registrars combined.

nTLD also have some more complexities to consider than legacy extensions when it comes to variable renewal fees, premium renewal fees, transfer rules, etc. You are essentially working with hundreds of different registries that have different rules, processes, etc.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
@Hikithe Achumi - Thanks for the warming support 👃

@bmugford - Exactly our point. Godaddy, Flippa (even if they're essentially not strictly tighed to domaining), Sedo are billing domainers hefty for their premium distribution, and mask all that under domain brokerage services. And I wouldn't mind, but all that network was build thanks to domainers' portfolio in huge part.

Our plan is to use our marketing resources to position domainers in front of our business, for free, which means you won't have to pay hefty fees to position your inventory in front. As long as you have quality one, we'd be happy to use our own resources to make buyers aware of that quality and point them in right direction.

Business wise, this is going to be burning business, but we've prepared our budget for that.
Idealistic wise, we are going to initiate some changes in domain market, and hopefully make domain investing more lucrative business, and less monopolistic.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back