domain Marijuanna.org

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

LH1

Top Member
Impact
Think the misspelling kills the value or not so much as its still brandable? How would you price?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Misspelling brandables don't really work in most extensions outside of .com

So yeah I think the misspelling kills it.

My general rule is one compromise max per domain.

So you can have a non .com extension, a misspelling/brandable, a second word... but only one per name.

•••
Good rule of thumb. Then what are your thoughts on this misspelled .com? Gummiess.com (went on a 3-4 misspelled name streak recently)

Last edited:
•••
Most if not all search engines use a spell checker/corrector as you type-in these days. So while the correct spelling in .org would be a diamond domain, all these misspellings, particularly of long-words aren't going anywhere. Someone would have to set-out to override the spell checker and it's not going to happen.

If your going to go down this misspelling route, stick to short words and spellings that still form a coherent structure

Last edited:
•••
Good rule of thumb. Then what are your thoughts on this misspelled .com? Gummiess.com (went on a 3-4 misspelled name streak recently)

I personally don’t like them but as a brandable they can work e.g. fiverr

But I’ve used that site for a decade and I still often forget if it’s the v or r that repeats so it’s definitely not ideal.

•••
I personally don’t like them but as a brandable they can work e.g. fiverr

But I’ve used that site for a decade and I still often forget if it’s the v or r that repeats so it’s definitely not ideal.

Agreed 100%. Doesnt look great but sometimes sells for top dollar depending on name. Hopefully this one.

•••
Most if not all search engines use a spell checker/corrector as you type-in these days. So while the correct spelling in .org would be a diamond domain, all these misspellings, particularly of long-words aren't going anywhere. Someone would have to set-out to override the spell checker and it's not going to happen.

If your going to go down this misspelling route, stick to short words and spellings that still form a coherent structure
Great advice.

•••
If it's misspelled than it would be better be .COM than .ORG - long time experience.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back