Dynadot

question Mar 3 .BET had pre-reg. What (if any) did you guys Register?

NameSilo
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hello NP.
While registering some .PET domains Name.com showed me that .BET was having a Pre-REG. so I checked it out and got hooked. Did anyone register any? if so I'd love to hear who got what?! I missed out on some pretty "no brainer better get this one" type domain like N.BET and NN.BET and LL.BET etc etc etc.

Here's some curious facts though.
1.Afilias (thee owner of .BET) had secured pretty much every short domain and keyword domains. Understandably.
2. Next they decided that if you wanted some domains that they secured for themselves. These "premium domains" ended up having a sticker price of anywhere from $87.99 to $2500 to even $3250 ! But tis the RUB. Guess what? That's not just some FINAL price and then yearly you maybe pay anywhere from $10 - $20. NO SIR! If you choose one of these reserved beauties? You will end up paying that PURCHASE price every YEAR to renew it! So yes that means paying $$87 to $3250 a year! CRAZY!!!
3. But here's some good parts. seems as though if you find a domain that they didn't think to register for themselves. You end up snagging a good one for just $17.99 with that same price for renewal. Pretty expensive still I know but not as bad as $87 to $3000. See this FACT? helps alot for selling these domains. It's a great selling point to tell a prospective buyer that other .BET domains will cost $87 to $3500 a year to renew while your non premium domain will only cost $17.99 a year!
4. I snagged some pretty sweet killer terms for .BET.
5. By the way? interestingly enough?I realized something. .BET? you would think only stands for Bet as in gambling betting? NOPE. What else does it stand for? lol ready? BET! Black Entertainment Channel! So while everyone else was registering gambling related domains. I was registering Black Entertainment Channel related domains. By the way? I think Afilias knew this too because they reserved RAP.BET for themselves among a bunch of others. Mostly short ones.

So here goes my sample list to start. Opinions and Likes Wanted of course. Please tell us all of your own .BET registrations. Thanks.

88889999.Bet (This I'm definitely going to sell)
99998888.Bet (This I'm definitely going to sell)
0999.bet
1328.bet
1648.bet ( .com goes to Baidu)
4854.bet ( Chinese website in .com)
Now here comes the Black Entertainment Television domains.
HipHop.Bet
Soul.bet
Musician.BET
ARTIST.BET
Vid.BET
Biz.BET
Videos.BET
MusicVideo.BET
Song.BET
Rapper.BET
488888.bet
088888.bet
888898.bet
888880.bet
888884.bet
88990.bet
88995.bet
99884.bet
8454.bet (Check 8454.com see what's there. tell me what you see.)
5484.bet ( same as above)

As for Gambling domains I registered:

Line.Bet (This I'm definitely going to sell)
Roll.Bet (This I'm definitely going to sell)
SportBook.bet (This I'm definitely going to sell)
iWin.bet (This I'm definitely going to sell)
iWon.bet
ewin.bet
ewon.bet
YouWon.bet
FreePlay.bet
FreeDice.bet
FreeSlot.bet
FreeSpin.bet
FreeGaming.bet
FreeBingo.bet
FreeVegas.bet
FreeBonus.bet
Majestic.bet
Royale.bet
Bits.bet
Coins.bet
Deposits.bet
DepositBonus.bet
NoDeposits.bet
Asians.bet
East.bet
Entertain.bet (Entertainment.bet was snagged by Afilias.)
Celebrity.bet

During this pre-registration I did lost some that I tried to register. Pissed me off! like:
888999.bet
999888.bet
moneyline.bet
88899.bet
99888.bet

See this is where things got confusing. when I used Name.com to search for domains. Some said available for pre-reg. while others say not available. how was that even possible when the point of a domain available for pre-reg means unless the domain extension has secured a list of domains and provided it to ICANN then those are the domains they can slap an $87 and above renewal fee.

Some part of me feels cheated a bit on the domains I tried to pre-reg that were taken by others. How do these pre-reg stay legit? I mean how can they be kept "honest"? I feel like these Pre-reg is just another form of "domain tasting" on the part of the domain extension or more like a form of domain frontrunning. can someone please comment on this?

So yea let's hear everyone's .BET domains.

oh and another thing? The Chinese seem to be registering ALOT of choice numerics and even pinyin domains like these that are TAKEN to give you an idea.

888999.bet
999888.bet
Biajiale.bet ( means Bacarrat the favorite gambling game of rich chinese)
ZhongGuo.Bet ( China.bet)
some people actually registered .bet domains since FEB 8!
example 999.bet? registered via Bizcn.com by VipDomains.
99999999.bet taken Chinese
88888888.bet taken American
Plus all most 4 number combos with either 8888 or 9999 or 999 in it or 888 in it plus every number imaginable on other left or right side of 888 and 999 are all taken by Chinese.

I always thought that $17.99 was too "rich" for a chinese domainer's blood. but I guess these Chinese domain investors know something we don't? or are they all just like us? speculators?

Is it a good sign that most of these short domains and pinyin were registered by Chinese? yes or no?

Will .BET surpass .TOP? or .CC or .CLUB? I mean they haven't really marketed much to the Chinese in China. They seemed to have found their way to .BET all by themselves! and I think that says alot doesn't it?

I know from experience that Chinese are very into gambling. It's an addiction. A Chinese friend told me once that Chinese people gamble because they believe in the superstition that if they WIN at Gambling then they will be lucky in life! so essentially it's like they want to bring luck in their life by gambling. Weird huh?

Some Info would be appreciated. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'd like to get N.bet NN.bet and 123.bet but they are probably reserved and expensive

•••
•••
and if you BUY? guess what? if you buy from Afilias? whatever you PAY? that's FOREVER going to be your YEARLY Renewal!
RIDICULOUS./

This is where the TRUE value of self registered hand registered .bet domains!!!!! think about it! if someone wants .bet but the choices are yearly huge fees after purchase. who is really going to go for that? lol that's where my hand reg domains come in. pay my price? one price? and then just pay the $17.99 a year. period.

That's a great sales pitch to any potential domain buyer. my suggestion? but .BET. hand register! there are still some gems!

•••
here's a tip. you want to buy good .bet domains? pick a 4 number combo and then check the .COM version! if it's taken by CHINESE and it has some website on it? YOU ARE GOLDEN!! hurry though. while you still can!

•••
.TOP sounds great. but if we are talking utilitarian for a word? you can't get more LASER targetted than .BET if you had a gambling keyword and added it to .TOP it would be WEIRD. but add that keyword to .BET? it just makes sense.

I'm banking on my LINE.BET because it has these search results.

Line Bet (Keywords)- About 225,000,000 results (0.70 seconds)
Line.Bet (Domain) About 57,000,000 results (0.73 seconds)

just going to shop it around now.

I wanted Moneyline.Bet someone else took it. But I think Line.Bet is shorter and I think is better.
what do you all think?

•••
I can guarantee you that all combos of N.BET and NN.BET and NNN.BET ARE TAKEN in house by Affilias. and has a sticker price of $2500 to $3500 if it's even available to the public. and after that? you are looking at a yearly of $2500 to $3500 a year renewals! Ridiculous!! but good hustle on Afilias part. lol

•••
Affilias is very smart, .BET public launching time is very very suitable because this month is still ChineseNewYear'time, the biggest festival in China and other countries like Korea, Vietnam, Singapore, Taiwan...It is time to playing, enjoying and gambling..

The registration fee is 14.17USD/year totally, it is acceptable for gambling domain, this will help .BET more popular than other new TLDs.

I own some domains :

Lines.BET
Ride.BET
Trend.BET
Solution.BET
Term.BET
Text.BET
Fee.BET
Pos.BET
Nav.BET
Advise.BET

•••
Affilias is very smart, .BET public launching time is very very suitable because this month is still ChineseNewYear'time, the biggest festival in China and other countries like Korea, Vietnam, Singapore, Taiwan...It is time to playing, enjoying and gambling..

The registration fee is 14.17USD/year totally, it is acceptable for gambling domain, this will help .BET more popular than other new TLDs.

I own some domains :

Lines.BET
Ride.BET
Trend.BET
Solution.BET
Term.BET
Text.BET
Fee.BET
Pos.BET
Nav.BET
Advise.BET

WOW GOOD INFO! now all Affilias needs to do now is invest like thee owner of .Club and .TOP and go to China like they did and sell the crap out of .BET I think it will surpass .top or .club maybe? at the very least .club? simply because .bet is short than .club? lol

•••
I just read that Alibaba is going to push for Poker Matches in China. I thought Gambling was illegal in China or games of Chance. But since Match Poker is a game of strategy Alibaba has found a loophole!

Keyword Match Poker!
too bad I didn't think this sooner but Match.bet was taken.

I don't know if this is any good but I registered

PokerMatch.Bet and MatchPoker.Bet

just in case.

Opinions anyone? I welcome your input thanks.

•••
•••
lol I knew you would! I was pissed because I was bulk regging .bet's on March 3 and on March 7 is when match.bet was taken. damnit! lol

•••
ehh matchpoker.bet still pulls in a few million search results. on exact hits for match poker bet

•••
but my Line.bet still beats Match.Bet at over 200 million search results.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back