Domain Empire

discuss Maple App upgrades to Maple.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
"An article was published on Wired about a new dining option in New York City called Maple, and it looks like the startup wisely secured the Maple.com domain name last month.

Customers of Maple can order a meal via the app, and the high quality meal will quickly be delivered. Making this service unique, Maple does not have a restaurant for diners to visit, and deliveries are set up based on the location of the order rather than the time placed. Maple’s co-founders (David Chang of Momofuku, Caleb Merkl, Akshay Navle and William Gaybrick) have experience with food, technology, and logistics. All of these skills help to make Maple a unique dining option in Manhattan."

The NYT article mentioned that the company had secured $4 million in funding.

Source: DomainInvesting

The price of the acquisition was not disclosed.
Now here is an advice :

Always check if the party inquiring about a good domain name that you own is a startup or not. If yes, check out if they have received any funding lately. Because if they have, you can price your domain according to the amount of money the party has recently secured!

Is there anyone who has sold any domain name to a startup recently? Can you please share your experience and the way you priced your domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I mentioned this somewhere a while back....

I predict they will go out of business. The food industry is killer competitive, that alone can kill you. Then add an Uber type delivery service on top and you have a recipe for disaster. (pardon the pun)

Labor coasts, overheads and the price of the maple.com domain..... I would not want to be in their shoes.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back