Domain Empire

reviews 12 years collecting these domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
I don't know if anyone knows what maple.com sold for not too long ago!
Well, lets just say it was a lot.

I made a private email address @mapleone.com in 2002 and have since collected...

MapleOne.com
MapleOne.ca
MapleOne.net

Maple1.com
Maple1.ca
Maple1.net

I was thinking of something like the MapleOne Network for Canada.
In Canada you cannot say you have the fastest network so having a one in the name makes sense.

Anyways it took me 12 years to get all the catch versions of this domain.
Looking at the phrase maple on google the market potential is huge. Canada uses it as their main symbol and the vast number of active extensions in the dot com are registered in China because of maplestory or business sites directing to Canada.

Any debate on what industry to best market them too?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Realtor - Real estate agency

•••
maybe approach the co's that are already using the domain name in part of their name, or just post on a site and hopefully someone comes along and sends you an offer.

•••
Maybe a member of Ontario Maple Syrup Producers’ Association (OMSPA)
http://www.omspa.ca

•••
Maybe a member of Ontario Maple Syrup Producers’ Association (OMSPA)

Maple represents an entire nation, maple syrup is mainly in two provinces. Maple.com sold for millions to their current owners. Maple is one of the most recognized symbols in the world.

There are thousands of companies with the name Maple in the States alone. Crazy in Canada and China.

I often hear people say Maple Syrup and that is only until they get the facts.

In Canada you cannot trademark any part of the flag including Maple unless you release the word to other companies. All citizens have the right to use the maple leaf. I AM IN A PROTECTED MARKET. I am very fortunate with my choice of domains.

•••
Your dedication reminds me of Kingof.top. :-P I just had to mention it.

•••
Like my 10 year old son would say..... infinity+1

so infinity.top and infinityplusone.top for me :xf.wink:

•••
I registered canadian.im

Im thinking of an instant messaging app for canadians. :)

•••
Yikes, I love it

Trademark in Canada by Molson Beer on

I am Canadian

•••
•••
Make a soft drink product and keep the name! O_o

•••
MapleOne sounds like the perfect Canadian Investment Agency.

•••
What did they want for Maple.com, I see it sold 2-3 years back, if you been at this for 12 years, that would be your target?

•••
•••
Hi

Since you follow leaf...and maple.

What's the story on Leafs by Snoop and the Trademark infringement action against the Toronto Mapleleafs...

I personally follow Leaf...spefic to cannabis. ..thank you Leafly.com

Thank you in advance if you know something on this.

Last edited:
•••
Leafs by Snoop and the Trademark infringement action against the Toronto Mapleleafs

The Toronto Maple Leafs do indeed own the Maple Leaf trademark in the US. In Canada they would never win unless someone specifically said Toronto Maple Leafs. You cannot trademark Canada, or Maple Leaf in Canada. If you get a trademark for Maple Company you have to release the Maple Part to other citizens. So you can register a Maple Something but you cannot own the Maple. That is why my choice of domains is so good.

However, the USA is a different scenario altogether and the Toronto Maple Leaf own that trademark and they can technically challenger anyone using one or more parts of that name.

In the end it would play out in court but the snoop logo has some similarity and it would be foolish for the Toronto Maple Leafs to not send out a warning letter. Remember a trademark owner will lose the mark if it is not defended.

Last edited:
•••
Here is the Canadian trademark law...

Use of the 11-point maple leaf
By Order in Council P.C. 1965-1623 (dated September 2, 1965), any person in Canada may use a design or trademark incorporating the maple leaf that forms part of the flag of Canada on the condition that:

• the use of the design or trademark conforms to good taste;
  • an applicant for the registration of such design or trademark disclaims, in his or her application, the right to the exclusive use of the maple leaf; and
  • the owner of such design or trademark will not attempt to prevent anyone else from using the maple leaf.

•••
Maple represents an entire nation, maple syrup is mainly in two provinces. Maple.com sold for millions to their current owners. Maple is one of the most recognized symbols in the world.

There are thousands of companies with the name Maple in the States alone. Crazy in Canada and China.

I often hear people say Maple Syrup and that is only until they get the facts.

In Canada you cannot trademark any part of the flag including Maple unless you release the word to other companies. All citizens have the right to use the maple leaf. I AM IN A PROTECTED MARKET. I am very fortunate with my choice of domains.
Thanks I live in Northern Ontario and do have actual hands on experience with tapping/boiling sap....just figured my suggestion and the time I spent finding the link would helpful..

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back