IT.COM

discuss Make an offer or BIN?How to choose?

NameSilo
Watch

DuDD

Top Member
Impact
Hello,everyone

As a domainer,do you usually let the buyer make an offer or do you set the price yourself?
  • How do you usually decide?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Give the buyer 2 options :

BIN : Best profit for you .
Offer : as second option .

•••
i like BINs. Cuts out nonsense, and games.

But knowing how to value them’s another story

Last edited:
•••
•••
i like BINs. Cuts out nonsense, and games.

But knowing how to value them’s another story
YES
  • It is important to be able to evaluate the price of the domain name

• thanks for your reply,have a good day

•••
People are always greedy
want to make more money

I agree with you :) however it depend of the name , If you have Single letter , One word , I will understand If you ask $xxx,xxx - $x,xxx,xxx .

Some people have One word+L LL or One word+N NN and they asking $xxx,xxx :guilty: this what you call them greedy.

•••
I'm trying BINs at the moment. The buyer can always try an offerifhe is really interested, and it probably cuts out low ball time wasters.

•••
•••
•••
According to SquadHelp CEO Darpan, having BIN + Make Offer leads to the worst STR

However, this statement raises some questions.

What kind of data has been used?
I assume this was based on SH statistics.

As we know, most SH names are in the 1500-3000 range, so they probably can't provide enough stats for higher-value names. Maybe what is best for 2K names is not best for 5 or 10K names.

Then, I could be wrong but you can't set BIN + Make Offer for SH Premium listings (you can on WLM though). The question is how the sell-through rate for BIN + MO was calculated when there is no SH data on that?

Finally, a worthwhile question is what if we indeed have a higher sell-through rate for BIN + Installments but an average selling price is higher for BIN + Make Offer? In this case, we would move fewer names but have higher margins so we have to replace fewer names that sold.

So this is a very interesting topic :)

Last edited:
•••
I go with BIN and make offer together. maybe installments too if I'm asking 5 figures or more.

I also think sales data in this subject is not sufficient as I believe no two domains are really the same, so for me, sales data is just a tool for gauging market sentiment in terms of how much the average buyer is willing to pay for a name.
so I know what the median price in market is and I adjust the price of my name based on what I think its worth compared to similar available names in market.

I would agree that BIN + installments is the best way of selling sub 2k names. as it makes a relatively high price seem affordable (oh its just 90 bucks a month! not that bad) but for names priced in high 4 and low to mid 5 figures, I think BIN + make offer is best option. you give a BIN which is the max profit for you, then give the option of making offers that are above the least amount of money you are willing to get for the name.

I think most people who have a problem with make offer are just using the option incorrectly.
they place a BIN in mid to high 4 digits, then allow make offers for above 100 dollars.
then get annoyed when they keep gettting low xxx offers.

•••
•••
According to SquadHelp CEO Darpan, having BIN + Make Offer leads to the worst STR

As we know, most SH names are in the 1500-3000 range, so they probably can't provide enough stats for higher-value names. Maybe what is best for 2K names is not best for 5 or 10K names.

Then, I could be wrong but you can't set BIN + Make Offer for SH Premium listings (you can on WLM though). The question is how the sell-through rate for BIN + MO was calculated when there is no SH data on that?

Finally, a worthwhile question is what if we indeed have a higher sell-through rate for BIN + Installments but an average selling price is higher for BIN + Make Offer? In this case, we would move fewer names but have higher margins so we have to replace fewer names that sold.

YES
  • A topic worth exploring

•••

thanks for your sharing
good day

•••
Both. At first, you can set a price ourselves, what's the price you are willing to sell. Secondly, you can try to know the offer made by the buyer, then knows the gap. The next is aim to trying negotiation narrowing the gap.

Last edited:
•••
•••

So is there the possibility of a BIN + ONO? And would this get rid of the price confusion end users might have when looking at BIN + Offer.

Because the guy believes the BIN+Offer is least effective, I'm going to try and nail my pricing and just BIN everything at a price that satisfies me.

•••
So is there the possibility of a BIN + ONO? And would this get rid of the price confusion end users might have when looking at BIN + Offer.

Because the guy believes the BIN+Offer is least effective, I'm going to try and nail my pricing and just BIN everything at a price that satisfies me.

I'm not sure what ONO means, can you clarify please?

•••
•••
Sedo.com also offers BIN with Make Offer option

My first choice is BIN

Second choice BIN with "make offer" option

Third choice "make offer" option

GLTA

Last edited:
•••
You gotta look at the price and the value of your time. If the BIN price is low, is it worth your time to negotiate? What I’ve been hearing is BIN up to $2000-$2500. Past that, make offer only. Once you get into high $XX,XXX and up, you may want to set a high minimum Make offer price to stop the tire-kickers from wasting your time. You draw the line based on how much you value the domain and your time. If you don’t like to negotiate, have a broker handle the high-priced ones.

•••
Are there any platforms that allow us to display a BIN price and also allow an option for a "Contact the Seller" feature? Not a "Make Offer" option, but "Contact the Seller." If so, please let me know HERE.

•••
BIN at Afternic
Make offer at the other marketplaces.

Last edited:
•••
If you believe in the value of your domains then its BIN. When you offer make an offer then you are open to lower offers for sure.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back