Dynadot

Make a better sale by doing a little research on the buyer !!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
When you get an enquiry for a domain name that you own and the other party seems to be interested in buying the domain, a good research on the buyer is the key to making a good sale.

The trick is to know who your buyer is, what is his need, what for is he going to use the domain and how interested they are in your domain, so that you could quote the right price for the domain!!

I have been flipping domains for 3 years and according to my experience, a domain is always worth whatever a buyer is ready to pay for it. I have flipped some of the common domain names for hefty prices just because I knew that my buyer was ready to spend good money for the domain and they needed the domain urgently.
On the other hand, I have sold some of the names for the price of peanuts only to discover later that my buyer was a super rich man and could have paid 10 times more for the same domain.

So, what I recommend here is that you do your research well on the buyer before quoting any price for the domain. This will help you quote the right price, neither too high, nor too low!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
def good advice, another thing people need to start doing is including a time frame till when the quote is good for preferably 24 hours, it sounds short but it works

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back