IT.COM

information Major changes to the GoDaddy downloadable list file

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
There are some good changes for those of you that download the file daily from GoDaddy of the domain auctions.

The date change might require you to update your scripts.

The date change:

GoDaddy is now formatting the date using the ISO 8601 standard. This is great because if you use automated tools, they are more likely to be able to read this date than the old format.

Old format: 09/21/2022 09:00 AM (PDT)

New Format: 2023-01-12T13:48:00.000Z

The data changes:

The data changes already existed within GoDaddy auction site itself, so it's nice they added it to the file.

The new data includes (when data is available I guess):

MajesticTrustFlow
MajesticCitationFlow
Backlinks
ReferringDomains

Always double check this data because nobody has real time accurate data for some of those data points, however, it can really be helpful when you are trying to find that needle in the haystack.

This data should not mess up any of your scripts as it does not change the order of any current columns.

I do not know exactly when they added this data to the list, I do know today is the first day the date changes were made.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Note: I use the xml files and they still use the old date format (not sure about the other file formats). It still says "01/12/2023 5:56 AM (PST)" in there, however the time doesn't seem to be correct. It is off by 7 hours. You have to "fix" that yourself.

Last edited:
•••
Note: I use the xml files and they still use the old date format (not sure about the other file formats). It still says "01/12/2023 5:56 AM (PST)" in there, however the time doesn't seem to be correct. It is off by 7 hours. You have to "fix" that yourself.
Hopefully they update the xml soon. I use the csv.

•••
Might explain why last one appeared long after request.

•••
Update: GoDaddy seems to have gone back to the old date format at least in the CSV version. I hope they could tell us what the plan is?

•••
ITS OBVIOUS WHAT IS GOING ON HERE ,GODADDY WANTS ALL DOMAINS TO POINT TO THEIR LANDERS ,SO THAT WHEN THEY USE THERE SECRET TECHNOLOGY WHICH WILL BE RELEASED SOON ,TO BLAST END-USERS ALL OVER THE WORLD WITH THE TRUSTED GODADDY BRAND NOT ONLY WILL DOMAINERS BE HAPPY ,GODADDY WITH MAKE A KILLING ON BOTH COMMISSONS AND WEBSITES ,THIS STOCK WILL BE AT 250-300 BY 2025

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back