Major Change is Coming to Public Whois Information at GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

EJS

DomainInvesting.comVIP Member
DomainInvesting.com
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You lose nothing with this move by Godaddy.

What you GAIN is the is the inability of "savvy" domain investors to contact idle domain holders directly and buying domains on the CHEAP.

Therefore, you GAIN a better playing field. When the "savvy" domain investor can't buy domains on the sly, it gives you and everyone you know a better chance at the domain.

Godaddy is actually helping YOU.

Remember to be smart in life.

When someone is talking about "B", they really mean "A".

Last edited:
•••
Have there been any updates on this?

I'm looking forward to hopping into the GoDaddy aftermarket and joining the discount domain club when I won't have to factor in the cost of whois privacy anymore.

•••
Three days ago a i recieved the below captured email from godaddy and now all domains that under godaddy registrar for everybody must be upgraded to private whois .

Show attachment 158640 Show attachment 158641 Show attachment 158642
I received it too.
It's for domains that you already have privacy ON (paid privacy). They are getting upgraded to some BS.
Cancel those privacy protections before renewal, or you won't be able to renew the domain without the paid protection.

Last edited:
•••
I received it too.
It's for domains that you already have privacy ON (paid privacy). They are getting upgraded to some BS.
Cancel those privacy protections before renewal, or you won't be able to renew the domain without the paid protection.
Privacy is for all domains , even for the domains were not on Paid privacy .
I hand registered a domain two days ago and privacy was included without additional cost .

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back