DAN.com
  1. → We are performing a scheduled upgrade. The site may be intermittently unavailable. ←

Luxury Real Estate Developments and their Domains!

Labeled as information in Niche Domain Discussion, started by WhoaDomain.com, Oct 16, 2020 at 3:35 AM

Replies:
Views:

1. WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.com WhoaDomain.com Gold Account

Have a look at these beautiful completed luxury real estate developments. Their websites and their domain names. Do you see a pattern or trend?
    Anyone ever wonder how the marketing department or manage of these developments decide what web address to go with?

Feel free to comment on their domain name choices for their often 100's of millions and even billions of dollars invested.

With all that money riding on these projects. Do you feel their domain choices were poor? good? excellent?

Pick one or a few to comment on (If you have nothing better to do! lol)

300Ashland.com
    70Columbus.com
    555Vanderbilt.com
    325Kent.com
    420Kent.com
    60Water.com
    25Washington.com
    90Columbus.com
    99Hudson.com
    50Hudson.com
    30Warren.com
    111Murray.com
    70Vestry.com
    91Leonard.com
    15Jay.com
    15Hubert.com
    108Leonard.com
    40Bleecker.com
    229Chrystie.com
    347Bowery.com
    260Bowery.com
    196Orchard.com
    204Forsyth.com
    150Rivington.com
    420Kent.com
    16Bennett.com
    88Leonard.com
    76Eighth.com
    111Wall.com
    77Greenwich.com
    130William.com
    6garfield.com
    331Marin.com
    10provost.colm
    333Grand.com
    235Grand.com
    460Grand.com
    525Broadway.com
    200Amsterdam.com
    57Ocean.com
    onemanhattansquare.com
    thedime.com
    waterlinesq.com
    eosnomad.com
    oneclintonbk.com
    liveonechicago.com
    530fifthavenue.com
    11hoytbrooklyn.com
    therowanastoria.com
    5timessquare.com
    424w52.com
    vyvapts.com
    frontandyork.com
    465pacific.com
    11greatjones.com
    41greatjones.com
    254front.com
    heronresidences.com
    OneHillSouth.com
    bay151.com
    76Eighth.com

Feel free also to share other real estate development in your area and their web addresses so we can have an extensive database here we can link domain buyers to.

So does the list above give you ideas? lol

Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020 at 3:37 AM
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. garptrader

garptrader Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

TheBristolPalmBeach.com - a luxury condo complex on the West Palm Beach side of the bay a few hundred meters south of the bridge. Prices start at $5 million though several condos at this location have sold in excess of $10 million. They use a four word domain to promote the property. A 3% realtor commission would be how much? Perhaps not an ideal domain fora specific property but I do own PalmBeachTV.com which could be used by an agency to promote videos of properties in Palm Beach.

3. WhoaDomain.com

That's a pretty wack domain name.

I would have gone with just TheBristol.com or BristolPalm.com has a nice ring to it.

nice domain. PalmBeachTV.com

4. Anderson Abbey

Anderson Abbey New Member

There's a real estate domain up for sale.
    Globalreco.com
    Reco stands for variojs abbreviations, but suitable for real estate consulting/corporation or company

5. lock

lock DomainUsed.com VIP

They are the street number names address i would do this to privately sell. @CraigD discussed exactly this to rank in local seo. Cant remember for sure but think he tried this 20+ years ago for one of the first 3d house tours on web.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020 at 8:02 AM
  6. Windoms

Windoms Top Contributor VIP

Domain names are useless for real estate developments. Totally, completely useless.

Location and development (building, amenities) do all the job.

111w57.com

7. lock

lock DomainUsed.com VIP

This is the location.

8. CraigD

CraigD 360promo.com VIP

You have a good memory my friend ;)

The address in the domain names was an idea that I didn't follow through on, and the VR/web3D house demos are sadly long gone now, as is the website.

9. lock

lock DomainUsed.com VIP

Just to be clear it was like 95-98 not 2020 Craig pulled the camera apart to put a fish eyes lense into and had to make the navigation in Java to make it work.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020 at 9:57 AM
  10. CraigD

CraigD 360promo.com VIP

That film camera monstrosity was for the spherical tours... the VR tours were developed in 3Dstudio MAX with added photo textures, and hand coded in notepad or textpad. Technology has come a long way since then ;)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020 at 10:04 AM
  11. lock

lock DomainUsed.com VIP

@CraigD and i have premium real estate names so we will follow these threads. My folks are estate agents retired i still never have let on to them my list. They are techophobes even though long divorced both same like that. There is still networking done with these addresses more links more traffic the estate agent has a website that can now link back and forward to the address of the property creating own traffic from pages.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020 at 10:18 AM
  12. WhoaDomain.com

hmmm I think I will use this "to rank in local seo".

Never could figure out the right wording to explain to a buyer why they should be my domain that's an exact match address. I had a sale like this already. I was crushed that they did not bother to even make an inquiry on it even though I pointed it to my Efty Lander.

And double crushed they went with another domain name.

and yet when I contacted them. Still sold it for a $1,000. not bad for a $7.99 reg. I mean hey who else could I sell it to really? lol

13. WhoaDomain.com

took a look and it seems TheBristolPalmBeach.com was registered and then BristolPalmBeach.com was registered about 20 days later!?! and parked? Surprised it's not been purchased or legally secured.

Owner of BristolPalmBeach.com did not even bother to put privacy on it.

14. WhoaDomain.com

what kind of "real" money is there for such address domains? Like what's the sweet spot as far as pricing.

15. lock

lock DomainUsed.com VIP

I don't think there is more in them than other domains but you won't have to muck around when dealing with professional sales people that will close own deal.

16. CraigD

CraigD 360promo.com VIP

I'd like to say that for developers and owners situated on prestigious real estate addresses, the sky is literally the limit, but I think it's a waste of time investing in these domains because there are many so many iterations and extensions available. Developers won't spend money on domains, and end-users businesses will usually have their own company domains.

Here's one I just found: https://345parkavenue.info
    Probably got the info because the other TLD's or CC's were taken.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice