IT.COM

Lump Sum or Steady PPC's?

NameSilo
Watch

One Lump or Monthly?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • One Lump of $XXX,XXX

votes
    76.9%
  • Steady Monthly PPC's of $x,XXX

votes
    23.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Would you prefer a domain that could bring in a quick $XXX,XXX or a steady monthly ppc of $x,XXX?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Really depends on whether you need the lump sum now or not. Also, on certain you are that the flow will continue and not trickle to a halt.

•••
I assume the "little x" at the beginning of the x,XXX means that you see that as lower in the thousands. So assume $5,000 a month. (Assuming high end of low thousands)
To get to $100,000 would take 20 months at a minimum (Assuming low end of 6 figures).
During that time, many a thing could change (Like the source of the revenue, adsense changing all around, etc.).
My personal take: The $XXX,XXX

If this was a realestate hypo, I would view it differently. 20 months is a small time frame.

The risk in internet revenue is much higher, IMHO, and I would therefore cash out should the opportunity present itself.

-Allan

•••
•••
Lump sum re-invested into other projects with a potential to bring similar lump sums.

•••
Midano said:
Lump sum re-invested into other projects with a potential to bring similar lump sums.

well put B-)

•••
Lump sum seems the most tempting to me...

•••
dgridley said:
Lump sum seems the most tempting to me...
Absolumply! :)

•••
Depends on the future cash flow projections from the current site. Will the revenues remain stable? Increase? Decrease?

It also depends on wether you can find a more profitable project right now. If you don't sell it then your cash flow will be growing at x% per month for some period of time. If you sell it can you generate a higher growth rate (x) per month for the same period?

Any finance a tune people here? Discounted cash flows and present value ring a bell to anyone?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back