Dynadot

Lowest Domain Registration Price I’ve Ever Seen!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey All,

Happy new year! I was conducting my semi-regular domain name price check on 1 year .com registration prices and I came across the lowest stand-alone domain name registration price I have ever seen:

$4 for a 1 year .com registration!

According to their website there is a limit of 10 domains per customer at the $4 rate.
Additional domains beyond the first 10 are $8.95/year.

See details at www.myvaluehost.com.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think you would have to get their hosting as well to get that price

•••
There is a catch, you need to buy their hosting. It is not a bargain

•••
Thanks for the head up anyway Derek!

Last edited:
•••
When I went through the order process there was an option to buy JUST the domain without hosting for $4.

I will try to clarify this with the company today.

•••
The other thing is, find out if the Domain would be registered under your name and not the Hosting Companies, I've heard stories where people couldnt get their names back from other such services which regged the names for them.

I wouldnt touch this offer with a 10 foot pole, who the heck are MyValueHost.com anyways.... never heard of them.... price isnt and shouldnt be your main concern.

Mike

•••
Agreed, stick with a reputable company. It might be a few dollars more but you know what you are getting

•••
Question about buying just a domain - not hosting.

Here's my email and their response:

Q: Can I buy a $4 domain name by itself, or do I have to buy a hosting account to qualify?

Thanks.

A: Thanks for contacting MyValueHost. Although we'd love to have you as a hosting customer, you are certainly welcome to purchase a domain from us without a hosting plan. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us again anytime.

•••
Proceed with extreme caution. $4 means they're selling at at least $2.59 to $5 loss per domain depending on who the domains are through.

•••
I'm affiliate with a reseller and they have the same plan.

I can offer to my client for $4 but they have to signup with the hosting services.

•••
Agreed with Ron, proceed with caution!

•••
Also,

another thing that I just found out which is no good:

You don't have total control of the Domain. You only can change the contact information and DNS. If you want to push to another person, you have to contact them.

I found out the hardway by signup the new domain and hosting with them under my reseller account.

It's good that I tested them first before offering services to my clients. I suggest just forget them.

btw, they give you the domain control panal (www.access.nom.com/...) so I think they're reseller from Enom.

•••
Thanks for the information John!

•••
Unless there's a secret bulk discount, I believe all registrars pay a fixed $6 for registration to the registry operator. Any prices at $6 or less are just loss leaders or have catches to attract customers to other products, or just plain drum up marketing hype. Some may sell you the domain for less than cost and in fine print sock you for $25-50 for the second year renewal fee if that cost is disclosed at all. If only a marginal percentage renew or forget to transfer out, they more than make up for the initial losses.

No harm in taking advantage of a situation like this if you only have a couple names. However, you know they are going to make it difficult to do transfers, domain changes, ownership changes and other domain management, if you are there to sell the domains and not develop and buy other products from them.

Caveat Emptor...

If it sounds too good to be true...

•••
Ahh, so they own it but just allow you to access it.

Could cause future problems.

•••
Newbies may not remember, but namezero offered FREE domains for about a year or so which is where their name came from. They owned the names but hosted them for free and sold upgrades of email, webspace, etc. Ultimately, the model didn't work and they sold off most of the names in an auction. However, they got stuck with some pretty crappy names that they eventuallly let drop. The "registrants" had no choice but to host with them as they didn't really own the names.

•••
I would stick with Enom, or another llegit site to purchase domains.

•••
Hey High Pr do you work for that company honestly??
I saw the exact same message in some other boards.
Anyway I registred a name with them anyway.
thanx for the cheap price

•••
No - I don't work for them. I am the director of www.cpureview.com. I do post the results of my domain price search on some other boards as a service.

•••
I think Rackshack.net is the "only" legitimate or trusted registrar that offers the lowest domain price.

•••
Cheapest I have found is $6.45 with no catches...

•••
Originally posted by Angus
Cheapest I have found is $6.45 with no catches...

Where is that at?

•••
Originally posted by Jeffrey
I think Rackshack.net is the "only" legitimate or trusted registrar that offers the lowest domain price.

Considering they jacked up their pricing at a moments notice from 5.00 to 6.49 I would not use "trusted"

•••
Originally posted by Riceman
Considering they jacked up their pricing at a moments notice from 5.00 to 6.49 I would not use "trusted"

Agreed. Although this is a common marketing technique. A low price to attract a customer base and then jack up the prices for a larger profit from future incoming customers.

•••
Also, the Rackshack/EV1servers offer is actually MORE than $6.49 - It's $6.49 plus TAX! (I don't see this at other registrars)

Total price you pay = $6.49 + $0.54 = $7.03

Found out by going through the order process....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back