NameSilo

domain Loonie.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
For non Canadians...a Loonie is the Canadian $1.00 coin. A word in every newspaper, business and news cast daily across Canada.

Getting married this year and can use the cash. I'm looking to sell it...what's it worth? Advice?

Loonie.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The plural, loonies.com, sold for 3,550 USD in 2013. Not sure what that converts to Loonies

•••
10,000 loonies +
good financial name for magazine or online publication
Great name to post financial data, informational site
Even TheLoonie.com is reg eh

Congratulations!! Wishing you lots of love and happiness

•••
sounds like a 1word .com with a fairly limited potential and enduser base to me.
I'd go easy on the wedding spendings with this one. imo. gl.

•••
A canadian will be a good buyer, specially who is in financial business.

•••
Very nice name. Not sure what to price it, but right now I'm thinking "I wish I could afford it!". lol. $xx,xxx (at least).

As for advice, I say don't sell due to distress. Wait for "that buyer". For a name like this, he/she will come.

Instead of your wedding, it could pay for your kids wedding. ;)

Last edited:
•••
•••
good one buddy ..

find a right Canadian end user yeah

•••
You might get a Canadian with deep pockets to hand over low $x,xxx but very little interest in the rest of the world.

•••
Miss my Loonies and Miss my Canada

•••
Just gonna throw this out there...

I'll do the photography at your wedding for this name. That's worth $x,xxx.

:P

Last edited:
•••
Just gonna throw this out there...

I'll do the photography at your wedding, for this name. That's worth $x,xxx.

:P

Nice offer !

•••
Thanks everyone for satire and opinions. You're all my kind of peeps! :xf.grin:

•••
For transparency, I'll post this here:
Would you mind PM'ing me with a minimum price you'd sell this for?

I'm in Canada too. ;)

Oh, and for an appraisal:
This kind of domain has a wide swing, could go in many directions... but they are also limited directions, since the word has some but very little solid use outside Canada. Here, it's mainly about the coin; elsewhere, it's mainly about being slangy for mentally challenged.

I think a reseller would definitely pay in the low x,xxx, but most probably would hesitate on paying anything that approaches mid x,xxx. For an end user, it's an even wider swing because the use is so vague (though of course, some people think a 'weak vague' is actually a 'strong versatile' - it's a glass half empty/half full thing for this domain). I think an interested end user would pay at least mid x,xxx, and if you find a strong end user, perhaps a financial one who was jonesing to brand this, they might pay somewhere into the xx,xxx range.

I love the domain, me being in Canada... but if I owned it, I'd be wondering who the heck I could sell it to, at least for a lot of cash. It's a very vague buyer base for this one. You know, not like you could approach the Royal Bank of Canada and say Wanna buy this? Maybe an investment firm might like it as a playful brandable? Financial advisors? Someone with a big financial tips blog? Coin collector might like it but what coin collector is going to pay a large sum for it? Kind of tangling my brain into a knot postulating about who a good buyer would be... and maybe you are too, and that's why you still own it and you're asking opinions here ;)

•••
See if the owners of the dot ca want it. They also own moneymart.ca

•••
This kind of domain has a wide swing, could go in many directions... but they are also limited directions, since the word has some but very little solid use outside Canada. Here, it's mainly about the coin; elsewhere, it's mainly about being slangy for mentally challenged.

That would be Loony... or Looney Toons.... no one is ever a Loonie unless they're round, minted and slightly less useful than an american dollar ;)
I agree with the rest of what you say though.. Sort of an obvious meaning without obvious direct use. No doubt one day someone will use it and we'll all think it was so obvious how it could have been used..

Could be a Canadian rental car company :)

•••
Cool name. Could probably fetch xxxx. But what do I know :)

•••
That would be Loony...
Yeah. D'oh!
Later in the day it suddenly struck my dyslexic brain that the slang term actually ended in 'y' and not 'ie'.

Another use:
This would be a stellar name for a Canadian 'dollar store'.

•••
This would be a stellar name for a Canadian 'dollar store'.
Was thinking the same things...Even a "dropshipper" site..Also kinda of like a "GoFundMe" site..donate a "loonie" (dollar) to your favourite (favorite) charity!

Just noticed this...and rather than double post..updated this posting.

You might get a Canadian with deep pockets to hand over low $x,xxx but very little interest in the rest of the world.
"little interest in the rest of the world"? This is my thinking...Nice name for a Chinese drop shipper (Even a American/British/German/etc wholesaler )looking for a Canadian presence...

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back