NameSilo

Looking to start a site and need advice...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

I was looking to start up a small site sometime soon that would be devoted to domain selling. What it would entail is someone adding their name to a listserv, and people who wanted to sell their site would come and make an account. Through their account they would be able to add a maximum of 5 domains per day that showcased what they had to sell. It could potentially reach a lot of people, and I think it would be a handy service for everyone. Again, I wouldn't charge any money for either piece of the service, but would gratefully accept donations of course.

Now, my question is this: What do you all think would be a good name? Also, do you think this idea would work? Has it been done before?

I'd appreciate any input from you all. I'm really excited about this idea, as I think it would be a really cool thing to develop for people out their trying to sell their domains.

Thanks.

-Josh

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Domiainshowcase.com
Domaintrade.com
Just a thought, and yeah it should work . . .

GOD BLESS

•••
Ok, those sound good.

Another question I'd like you all to answer: Would you all appreciate such a free service? Would any of you actually use it?

Thanks again. :)

•••
jehnidiah said:
Ok, those sound good.

Another question I'd like you all to answer: Would you all appreciate such a free service? Would any of you actually use it?

Thanks again. :)
if it is active yes.

•••
It has come to my attention that not everyone knows what a listserv is. What I mean by that is that people would sign up their email address to receive an email every day from my site. The email would include in it the people who have submitted their domains for sale, and the price they are asking, and their email to get back in touch and make an offer or negotiation. So, there we go. I'd really appreciate more input on this idea. Thanks in advance.

•••
Yeah, if it is active I certainly would, why not?

GOD BLESS

•••
Getting a good name with "Domain" in it is a pretty hard task. They have pretty much all been swiped up. I ran a script the other day running a dictionary before and after "domain" in the .com extension and I was shocked to see that there was basically only a few decent ones. I used one of those services once I forgot which one but turned out to be full of scammers and on top of that all of a sudden I started recieving lots of spam. To be successful in something like that you would need to put a system in place to verify ownership of the domains to protect the crediblity of your site.

Good Luck on your project

•••
.edu: What sort of things happened with it that were bad? At first (and maybe for a while) I would be hand-checking to make sure all owners own the domains they say they do. I also, as I said in the first post, am going to have a 5 domain per day limit on any one person or IP *range*. I know this won't be fair to some people, but it's a free service and it's to protect those others out there who might get shafted because of some peoples' inability to play by the rules.

So, yeh, what did they do that was messed up? What sort of scamming?

•••
There are alwready some yahoo groups for this....Mabey u can check them out..

•••
Just the usual, selling domains that were owned by Fortune 500 companies for $100.

•••
optimist: Yeah, I've seen and heard of those, but having a 3rd-party site/group has always been kind of annoying to me, because any sort of delays or problems that arise I would have no one to blame that I could do anything to.

I'm still interested in doing the project, no matter if it's been done before or not. I think it'd be a good resource, and I'll let you all know if/when I get it up.

•••
These are a list of domain names I've come up with to use:

actualdomainsales.com
dailydomainnames.com
dailydomainlist.net
greatdomainlist.com
freedomainlists.com
yourdomainlist.com
makeyourdomainsell.com
resellingyourdomain.com
offeryourdomains.com
yourdomainchoice.com
swapyourdomains.com
yourdomainspot.com

Do any of you particularly like one or the other? PLEASE do not anyone register these until my choice has been made; this is for YOU, remember, so don't screw me! :-D

•••
they are all to long, the domain doesnt matther just the service is good.

•••
I appreciate your input, but I disagree and think that the domain matters completely. It is one of the most important parts of the site if I wish for it to grow and actually be used, in my humble opinion.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back