Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

hostkobo

Established Member
Impact
Dear sirs,

Kindly pls advise, which domain reseller program is best to signup for.

Does anyone use a domain reseller program that is good and recommendable.

regards
HK

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dear sirs,

regards
HK

I think that Undeveloped have a lot going for it - they have fantastic, responsive customer service, very reasonable commissions without minimum levels, fantastic looking landing pages, easy to use interface.

If high enough value the minimum does not take a big chunk of the sale, Sedo clearly is the largest.

If anticipate a lot of sales, want to avoid commissions, the Efty route should be considered and comes with really helpful portfolio tools for managing your domains.

If you are registered at a fast transfer compatible registrar, and it is a supported extension for fast transfer,

If lowish value, probably GoDaddy and other registrar Marketplaces make most sense.

There are other options, including trying to sell here at NPs of course!

•••
Hi there,

thanks for your response.

I don't think I quite understand what you mean by the below, in light of my question about domain resellership:

"If you are registered at a fast transfer compatible registrar, and it is a supported extension for fast transfer,

If lowish value, probably GoDaddy and other registrar Marketplaces make most sense."

Are you referring to post-sale of a domain?

Actually, I was kind of wondering how some domainers thrive / which resellership programs are good: lets say someone has like 1000-domains with Registrar-XYZ(for ex: Godaddy), will he be renewing at the current costs or will there be a discounted price for him considering his # of registered domains.

regards
hostkobo

•••
It fluctuates over time. For this info, I often visit Domcomp

•••
Actually, I was kind of wondering how some domainers thrive / which resellership programs are good: lets say someone has like 1000-domains with Registrar-XYZ(for ex: Godaddy), will he be renewing at the current costs or will there be a discounted price for him considering his # of registered domains.

Sorry for misunderstanding - by resellership I thought you meant reseller marketplaces.

And re the following, i was stating how to get into Afternic premium network, but again that referred to domain resale, not to some deal on renew costs in a bulk way.

"If you are registered at a fast transfer compatible registrar, and it is a supported extension for fast transfer,

•••
Hey @hostkobo .. your original question wasn't completely clear.

Are you simply looking for a good registrar where you keep your domain names?
(based on your last post that's what it looks like)

If so then if you can put up with all the bugs, GoDaddy probably has the best prices for a 1000+ portfolio if you pay about $75 a year for their discount domain club (with a coupon .. message me if you need a coupon code).

Remember that your names to have to be bought/renewed at a specific registrar if you also want to sell your names there. If your names are bought/renewed at GoDaddy, you can still list them at Sedo or Uniregistry or Flippa or almost any other marketplace.

Note however .. the ONLY way a domainer can "thrive" is if they have good names and bought them at good prices. Sub-par domains won't sell at any marketplace.

If you're looking to place your domains at auction .. then the best auction platform really depends on your specific names. Commissions can also very widely depending on your selling price .. so you also need to take that into consideration as well.

•••
•••
I personally use Godaddy as my registrar and list on their site and then have landing pages with Undeveloped - love the site! Then also list via Sedo and Afternic - also planning to promote through linkedin once set up under my company name, once done will start looking for relevant forums for the names I own and might look into ebay for the lower value names. Not set up on Flippa yet, so that's another option as well

•••
Sorry for misunderstanding - by resellership I thought you meant reseller marketplaces.

And re the following, i was stating how to get into Afternic premium network, but again that referred to domain resale, not to some deal on renew costs in a bulk way.

Thanks for the clarification!!

•••
Hey @hostkobo .. your original question wasn't completely clear.

Are you simply looking for a good registrar where you keep your domain names?
(based on your last post that's what it looks like)

If so then if you can put up with all the bugs, GoDaddy probably has the best prices for a 1000+ portfolio if you pay about $75 a year for their discount domain club (with a coupon .. message me if you need a coupon code).

Remember that your names to have to be bought/renewed at a specific registrar if you also want to sell your names there. If your names are bought/renewed at GoDaddy, you can still list them at Sedo or Uniregistry or Flippa or almost any other marketplace.

Note however .. the ONLY way a domainer can "thrive" is if they have good names and bought them at good prices. Sub-par domains won't sell at any marketplace.

If you're looking to place your domains at auction .. then the best auction platform really depends on your specific names. Commissions can also very widely depending on your selling price .. so you also need to take that into consideration as well.

Thanks for the explanations.

•••
I personally use Godaddy as my registrar and list on their site and then have landing pages with Undeveloped - love the site! Then also list via Sedo and Afternic - also planning to promote through linkedin once set up under my company name, once done will start looking for relevant forums for the names I own and might look into ebay for the lower value names. Not set up on Flippa yet, so that's another option as well

Thanks for the heads up!!

•••
•••
Dear sirs,

regards
HK
i have classone.in
babbystore.com

•••
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back