IT.COM

Looking for feedback! - RainDrop.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ali

Top Member
Starfire Holdings
Impact
This is my first content heavy site ever. I have spent countless weeks, sleepless nights and all my free-time making it happen. I just soft launched with a small marketing push.

I'm seeking honest feedback, reviews, and intelligent criticisms on site performance! Thanks!

The site: Raindrop
The viral post (out for 24 hours now): Traveling The World
The Facebook Page: Facebook/Raindrop

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thank you all for the feedback! After countless re-designs, trials and errors... i've finally re-designed the site based on all the feedback i've received from multiple sources (including here).

Check it out and please if you have the time let me know your thoughts on the new design!

Raindrop

•••
Thank you all for the feedback! After countless re-designs, trials and errors... i've finally re-designed the site based on all the feedback i've received from multiple sources (including here).

Check it out and please if you have the time let me know your thoughts on the new design!

Raindrop
Did you change themes or just change it around? It looks a lot cleaner with the layout and especially the article boxes on the front page.

I also like the addition of the color. Draws attention and makes it look more unique.

Definitely changes for the better, lookin' good. :xf.wink:

•••
Did you change themes or just change it around? It looks a lot cleaner with the layout and especially the article boxes on the front page.

I also like the addition of the color. Draws attention and makes it look more unique.

Definitely changes for the better, lookin' good. :xf.wink:

Thanks! Yup, I changed the theme (in fact, I've changed themes like 15+ times :xf.confused:). But overall, I am very happy now.

You're right, the black and white was really, really boring. The color makes it more interesting for sure. Now I can focus on creating a ton of content!

•••
Thanks! Yup, I changed the theme (in fact, I've changed themes like 15+ times :xf.confused:). But overall, I am very happy now.
You are most welcome. I thought you changed it, but didn't check to see what they theme was before. Plus, there are many that can look completely different with just some layout changes. I have changed themes countless times just to do the same thing you did. Sometimes finding the perfect one is a real pain! ;)

You're right, the black and white was really, really boring. The color makes it more interesting for sure. Now I can focus on creating a ton of content!
Sometimes just a small change can set a site apart. I like the fact that you picked a color that everyone else isn't using. Too many look the same and use the same colors.

Anyway, looking good. Good luck with it! :)

•••

maybe put a short form for people to subscribe to keep updated.

•••
Seems lot of pictures/images in the home page.
I feel the less images in the home page would be better which will make the site compact.

Tweeted "Best Adventure Travel Destinations in the World" @123webio

•••
Looks good. Its showing a digital ocean.com ad, as I just visited their site.
No contact form? Opens a new tab with email adresse but my pc not set up to do that

•••
•••
Booya, contact and subscribe done.

•••
I feel the less images in the home page would be better which will make the site compact.@123webio

Great point. Updated, and you were right :) Feels much better.

•••
This is my first content heavy site ever. I have spent countless weeks, sleepless nights and all my free-time making it happen. I just soft launched with a small marketing push.

I'm seeking honest feedback, reviews, and intelligent criticisms on site performance! Thanks!

The site: Raindrop
Why pink? Try to use blue color or purple...purple rain :)

BTW welcome back to the forum.

•••
Why pink? Try to use blue color or purple...purple rain :)

BTW welcome back to the forum.

Hey, great call on the purple ;) Looks great!

•••
you think the logo look a little like freshdrop?

I liked the blog posts you originally had with the enormous article photo in your face on the article page; this looked more professional which stood out from all other blogs. I would focus and work on making the blog better and further development in this setup, the current change article view looks like an everyday blog which Raindrop should standout from the others. I see this site being owned by AOL one day; so if you want to get to that status ^

Don't like the black menu bar; I liked when you had the logo in color stand out by its self; seems like you went or was forced to do the logo in White since it's on the black menu bar. and now the header posts look like a standard wp header with the 6 posts in it.

Also use the colored raindrop logo imo, fun, quirky, and more professional

I guess I liked the blog how it was first originally setup; this was very unique. Focus on that

I guess I'm trying to say; I know it's sahifa or newspaper theme, anyone can mod this theme to whatever liking they need; ex. my www.420blog / com

this is why it looks like a standard blog setup now. Before when I went to one of your original post prior to newspaper theme I was curious on how this was setup, did not look like a wp theme so made me click through 10x

Excellent name and would only dream of having a name like this; get your blog back on track to match the quality of the name.

also Jekyll could be a good platform instead of wordpress too, this is another story in itself.

Merry x-mas

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back