IT.COM

Longer .com or shorter .org

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Douglas Breuer

Impact
I currently own seniorcommunitylist.com, which states exactly what I'm going to be providing but is long at 19 characters. However, I also have alcommunities.org which is 6 characters shorter but uses an abbreviation of assisted living and .org which I'm not sure of. I'd really appreciate thoughts on which is preferable...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is always a dilemma.

If your enterprise is commercial, then .com is better, even longer one.

You can also for another option in .com

Go creative. Something like seniorify.com (I own it, not trying to sell to you as I realize you are not looking for aftermarket priced names, just for illustration).

•••
To me your .org example is not clear, since its an abbreviation, so the .com is better.

•••
Threads like this worry me as i have been dropping some orgs that everyone seems to have faith in all of a sudden and had no bites for years.

•••
If the Abbreviation is well known, then and only then go with the .org. Senior living seems non profit or atleast a .org would fit either way.

If it's not well known, then go with the exact match .com, as it's clear. It's not terrible.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back