REQ-LOGO Logo Design for Publishing Company

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type of Contest: LOGO design

Prize: $40.00

Contest End Date & Time: May 13, 2017, 9:00 PM GMT

Size Requirements: Various sizes but must look good very small (1 inch x 1 inch) - see details below

Color Requirements: The logo will be used on a book - on the inside pages and on the spine of the book.

General Requirements: The logo is for a publishing company. It should include a graphic and nicely designed text with the name of the company.

Because it will be on the spine (i.e., the outward facing side) of the book, it ideally should be vertical (with the graphic image above and text below) and look good very small (1 inch x 1 inch, with the possibility it will be only 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch in some cases). It’s possible to make it slightly taller than wider (i.e., 1/2 inch wide and 3/4 inch tall).

An image of several book spines is attached so you can see logos on them. The same logo will also be used at the bottom of the title page of the book. An example from the book “Disrupted” is attached.

Additional Information: The name of company to use is Blue Pepper Press. I’m thinking the graphic should be of a pepper (either a chili pepper or bell pepper is fine) colored blue, with text in a matching font below. If you choose a chili pepper, take care not to make the pepper look obscene!

Attachments

• IMG_6723 (medium).jpg
    IMG_6723 (medium).jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Disrupted title page.jpg
    Disrupted title page.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

here is my try,

blue.png
bluepepperpress.png

b1.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
For Kraman.157 - I like the colorful peppers more than the outlined ones andI prefer the sans serif font. Can you try that in a more vertical orientation (so that it fits on the side of a book)?

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Thanks for all these great submissions. Some comments:
Kraman - the new more vertical designs are nice. The text might need to be smaller to fit on the side of a book. Also, I like the serif font better.
DesignPros - thanks for the second submission. I think I prefer the first one.
Logo Design - nice idea - a pepper that looks like a pen! Could you make it more blue and less blue-green?

•••
•••
•••
Thank you for your feedback!

Here is the color modification and a small revision on the logo.

Hope you like it :)

bp2.png

•••
•••
These logos are all great. It's going to be hard to choose :)

Thanks, bingbang for the revision with the better blue. I think I'd like it to be an even deeper shade of blue.

9Generasi - can I ask the same of you - to do your submissions with a darker blue rather than blue-green?

ghcomp - could you try your logo with a more vertical orientation so it will fit on the spine of a boo. (Meaning put Blue Pepper Press on two lines.) Maybe also a version with only one pepper?

•••
Revision

bp.png

b.png

Last edited:
•••
Thank you @brianblum for your feedback!

Here are some different shades of blue:

bp3.png

bp4.png

bp5.png

bp6.png

bp7.png

Attachments

• bp6.png
    bp6.png
    99.8 KB · Views: 53
•••
•••
Icon is an abstract b in shape of pepper and pen. Thanks.
logo.jpg

logo.jpg

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thanks bingbang and 9Generasi for the versions in the deeper blue - they're very nice.
Galalogo - very cool seeing your logo design on the actual title page of a book!
Same for Dand9206 - nice touch to see the logo on a printed piece of paper. They're all good options.
No changes to any of the above. We still have a few more days. It's going to be a tough decision for me. So many good entries!

•••
•••
9Generasi - for option #1, the vertical orientation, could you try making the icon part larger (with the pepper in the square), so that it's left and right flush with the text below it? It might not look good, but I'd like to see.

Logoexpert - what is the inside of the pepper supposed to be? I can't quite figure it out!

Thanks!

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back